Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Ganad Public Library, Hargeisa, Somaliland

nuune;981282 wrote:
One advise:
Make a record of every book that comes into your hand, tag them with numbers those with shared subjects, so that for you and others it would be easy to find them or locate them, saves your time, and everyone's time.

Example:
books talking about dhaqanka(lets say their quantity is: 50 books), give them two tagging :

1- Numbering system: book 01-dhaqan, book 02-dhaqan, ..... book 50-dhaqan

2- Coloring system: Blue etc

Later on, when you are moving into the premises, it will make easy for you to arrange and re-arrange what is what and who, you can grab any book with blue color to belong to the dhaqan section, ma garatey, abti

Halkaa howsha ka wad, inaar

saas miyaa?

you don't strike me as a neat and tidy sort of person, ma garatay? malaha, i was wrong about you. LOOOOL

by saying blue for dhaqan.....it's quite obvious you're trying to politicise this mashruuc, particularly in equating Somalia and its blue flag with Somali culture. naga daa wax yaahas iyo waxyaabo kalo la mid ah, dee. :D:D

p.s - thanks for the moral support. you know it's appreciated. nuff respect.

nuune;981283 wrote:
Just to say, really good stuff, don't give up until you reach the goal.

AG9bg.gif

i suppose i'll have to say thanks.

isn't there any way you can help me? i'm doing this all on my own, you know......

nuune   

lool inaar, empty advise waxba ii tari meyso miyaad i leedahey, haye, anything I can help, lets start with basics, libraryga sideed u promote-gareysaa or market gareysa or u xayeysiisaa to the outside world or as well as inside the country, dee wixii online ku saabsan, I might help out, ma garatey, abti

STOIC   

Alpha, do you have the book by the title " the mourning tree" by Mohamed Barud in your collection? If so can you send that one my way. I have tried to find this book in North America and can't get hold of it...I know you hate Sand-dweller writers( case in point that British writer) but I need this book badly! We can work something out....the book is only sold in England...

Dear Alpha

................ ships 40-foot containers holding approximately
22,000 English books
. The books are donated, and are gently used or new. We can also supply refurbished computers and new encyclopedia sets at additional cost, as detailed on the attached Book Inventory. XXX requires the recipient group or their supporters to
fundraise $10,300
for the shipping charges to
Berbera
. This quote is good for nine months time. We could also send the container all the way to
Hargeisa
, whereby you would not have to be responsible for transporting the books from
Berbera to Hargeisa
yourself. If this option is more attractive to you, I will obtian a quote from our freight forwarder.

Best Regards,

this is an email i got this afternoon.

how am i going to get $10,300 guys?

Haatu;981861 wrote:
That's a lot of money. Have you tried Books for Africa?

Aabbas will make me a website and add paypal to the site. you'll then donate and so will everyone else, abti. wa war cad.

somaha Aabbasoooow, inaar?

Maqane   

Alpha Blondy;981874 wrote:
Aabbas will make me a website and add paypal to the site. you'll then donate and so will everyone else, abti. wa war cad.

somaha Aabbasoooow, inaar?

Al, you serious horta inaar ? if so, i can help setup a simple website for fundraising (domain,logo,give some space of my hosting, e.tc) (with no costs involved) but not for the library at this moment because i've got a lot of projects to do as i told you before. For further questions i'll PM you, ma garatay?.

Hawdian   

short message to the gentlemens on this part of the forum Mr Al n the gang you are all welcome to become members of the newly created SMPC the somali men private club on sol

officially rented the property today. did the notary agreement and all. it's a little too far from the town centre but spacious.....there are good transport links. paid 3 months deposit. may require some small renovations balse we'll see, y'all.

this is madness. won't someone tell me to STOP. weey tagtoooooooow..... weey talaabteeeeeeeey. :P:D;)

Alpha Blondy;982692 wrote:
officially rented the property today. did the notary agreement and all. it's a little too far from the town centre but spacious.....there are good transport links. paid 3 months deposit. may require some small renovations balse we'll see, y'all.

this is madness. won't someone tell me to STOP. weey tagtoooooooow..... weey talaabteeeeeeeey.
:P:D
;)

1005348_10151933455564250_2002488885_n.j

1001998_10151933455134250_817681397_n.jp

^ Al's Office and personal secretary's office. :D

1381580_10151933455129250_1106649307_n.j

^ Main Library - very spacious.

1377542_10151933454924250_343320779_n.jp

shah or coffee anyone? :cool: