Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Ganad Public Library, Hargeisa, Somaliland

Gheelle.T;979430 wrote:
Alpha, a great project really. Kudos to you, inaar!

Btw, those floor tiles are horrid, magaratay
;)

those tiles have ruined my life. a day does not pass without regretting the choices of colours, ma garatay? :cool:

Hobbesian_Brute;979442 wrote:
Alphow, does your library have a catalogue system ?? yes or no

no. i haven't developed a catalogue system. can you advise?

Wadani;979454 wrote:
Alpha ur the man bro!

cheers, abti.

Classified;979468 wrote:
I'm surprised the Library wasn't named properly like, "
Mujahid
Koodbur Library" or "
Mujahid
Maxamed Mooge Library" or "
Muhajid
Lixle Library".
:D
Ganad baa layidhiyee, maxaa la ganay tallow?

legend has it........an Ethiopian doctor called Dr. Ganad worked in this area in the 1970s. ma ruunba, abti? :P

Wadani;979469 wrote:
^ Aar ninyahow qolomaad tahay. Is caddee baan ku idhi.
:D
. You know a lot about northern politics and clans. Ur anti SNM and anti Khaatumo, so I can't put my finger on u. R u an Awdalite?

Reer Awdal qudhowdu are confused. Considering how SNM has fully defeated reer Borama in 1991, I don't think they exist anymore. :D

Alpha, I don't know anything about that. Was Dr. Ganad an Oromo or an Amhara?

Read this first to get understanding of what catalogs are all about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_catalog

if you have ever been to a library you will see those small cards in cupboards where you search books either using author, title, isbn and all arranged alphabetically.

800px-2010_Manchester_UK_4467481691.jpg

These physical catalogs are not used so much nowadays esp modern libraries, they have shifted to electronic version which is online.

Tallaabo   

Suldan Al,

My scepticism is disappearing by the day as you present more and more evidence of your yet conclusively unconfirmed mashruuc. But I am not a miser so will extend you some congratulations and full encouragement and prayers for you to continue the good work.

YoniZ   

Well done Al,

Would you please share with us, which topics are best covered in the books you collected? i.e Chemistry 20+ books, Biology 0 books.

After this I'm sure some of us SOLers, can help to donate books in much needed topics.

War hadal haan mabuuxshee SOLers inanka yaan lagu eegin shaqada :)

1234841_10151904148204250_1102914924_n.j

^^^ today's donated books. thanks y'all. that's 113 books in Af Soomaali or written by Somalis or about Somalis. there's 12 about SL :P

1378631_10151904216124250_941189234_n.jp

^^^ the entire collection so far. about 915 + 3 = 918. still not happy with this achievement. :mad:

this mashruuc is proving to be impossible. i have the necessary books, i have a stockpile of furniture and all sorts of stationary including a printer, now. i could just start but i'm just not so sure, you know. maxa tala ah?

in the last weeks i have secured, or at the very least being considered as a accredited provider of sorts. we'll see. inshallah kheyr nooh.

i have found a large spacious premises (all for free) but the tenant is refusing to move out. annoyed by this. i could have done the necessary repairs, painting and what have yous, you know. but patience is a virtue, somaha? :D

i'm going back to my home town for the Christmas holidays (pending approval of leave). my family and friends have started collecting books and stuff. i recently spoke to SOMCARGO over the phone and they need the exact weight of the goods to give a quote. WTF? ya u sheega i don't have a clue. not friendly people ee sida uula soco. :D......i might visit ikea too. ya oog?

nuune   

One advise: Make a record of every book that comes into your hand, tag them with numbers those with shared subjects, so that for you and others it would be easy to find them or locate them, saves your time, and everyone's time.

Example: books talking about dhaqanka(lets say their quantity is: 50 books), give them two tagging :

1- Numbering system: book 01-dhaqan, book 02-dhaqan, ..... book 50-dhaqan

2- Coloring system: Blue etc

Later on, when you are moving into the premises, it will make easy for you to arrange and re-arrange what is what and who, you can grab any book with blue color to belong to the dhaqan section, ma garatey, abti

Halkaa howsha ka wad, inaar

YoniZ;979554 wrote:
Well done Al,

Would you please share with us, which topics are best covered in the books you collected? i.e Chemistry 20+ books, Biology 0 books.

After this I'm sure some of us SOLers, can help to donate books in much needed topics.

War hadal haan mabuuxshee SOLers inanka yaan lagu eegin shaqada
:)

abti,

thanks for the hambalyos. it means a great deal to me, really. :)

i've had all sorts of people insult me for my benevolent endeavours, ma garatay? one guy said.....''maxaad library sameyn, dadkan dhufaanka gacmohooda ku yaal ayaa books uskageyn eh''...:P:D

one SOLer contacted me via the social media with words of encouragement. this is appreciated but they're very unlikely to send me dosh ee maxa iga shan iyo toban ah hadalkiisa. ;)

Tallaabo;979531 wrote:
Suldan Al,

My scepticism is disappearing by the day as you present more and more evidence of your yet conclusively unconfirmed mashruuc. But I am not a miser so will extend you some congratulations and full encouragement and prayers for you to continue the good work.

i'll wait for my moment of ''i told you so'', abti.

you're going to look so pathetic and i won't hesitate to laugh at you. :D

Abbaas;979550 wrote:
May your project come to gabagabo iyo guul inaar. Amen

Amiin. indeed. thanks.

balse you won't even make me a website ee naga daa the kind words of encouragement, dee.

Apophis;979557 wrote:
Lets hope this library will finally help you move from a semi-literate to moderately-literate but eternally shallow dhagancelis fugitive. There's hope for you yet.

you can't seem to say it, miyaa?

it's okay, abti. one day you'll say something positive. :P