Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Ganad Public Library, Hargeisa, Somaliland

Tallaabo   

^ Try another trick buddy, this one isn't working. Let me guess..... You went to the little library next to the central police station, put your name on a paper and placed it on its books, then took some pictures to make it look like your fictional "Ganad Library" ;)

995740_10151556167303660_1267486426_n.jp

..............meanwhile,

Xukuumadda ‪‎Somaliland‬ iyo Waxgarad ugu Baaqay Dadweynaha inay ka Qaybqaataan Dhismaha ‪‎Maktabadda‬ Qaranka. :cool:

Reeyo   

Well done mate! Everything looks great, May Allah rewards you for your efforts. Amiin

I can't wait to come by and stroll in for a book or two. :)

Maqane   

Alphoow, Stop posting this major Blessed qurbo-joog mashruuc pictures, tis can put the Ganad Public Library at Risk.. ee sidaas ula soco inaar :P

Tallaabo   

Reeyo;970342 wrote:
Well done mate! Everything looks great, May Allah rewards you for your efforts. Amiin

I can't wait to come by and stroll in for a book or two
:)

And the all the books you will see will have these and similar titles:

Fiction

1.Bla, bla, bla,........... Ee sidaa ula soco:cool:

2. Bla, bla, bla,.......... ma garatay

3. Bla, bla, bla,...........inaar

4. Bla, bla, bla, ..........ma istidhi:p

Non-fiction(political)

1.Aarbal tan eega;)

2. For our cordial relations..........:mad:

few more updates, y'all.

it's been a few busy weeks.

1. the name is officially Xikmad Maal Public Library and Community Resource Centre. the name was inspired by one of my friends who's a Chief Caqil. he said.....''your intentions are clearly to help your people by providing a centre for their betterment. in other words, you're providing a platform for them to access a wisdom of sorts (Xikmad) and they should try to use this opportunity fully, you know...... as in milking cows (Maal). :P true story walahi. :)

2. i've been looking for a home for the centre for the best part of a month now. this has been getting increasingly more difficult. there are several reasons. chief among these; is the lack of suitable properties. similarly, the few nice premises i've found are expensive ($400) and requires a deposit of 3 months rents ($1600). this is not possible due to budget constraints. what's more, i've been thinking a lot of placing the centre in the most strategic area, you know like the centre of city, so as to increase accessibility and more importantly, perhaps, to avoid excessive allegations of tribalism and stuff ( i should have just located it Berbera, maha..:D). and finally, it's the peak of the Qurbo-Joog season and the majority of premises are rented to these people. so cala kuli xaal, i'm still without a home for the centre. :(.

3. i've been sending around lots of speculative emails. some were ignored and some replied to. one of my american friends has put me in touch with an ex-colleague of mine, who's currently holding 2,600+ books and who has similar ideas of establishing a centre, albeit 'an academic research centre'. i've made contact with him and he seems eager to work together. i'm hopeful of collaborating with him. awesome guy but a little too bureaucratic, detail orienated and looking towards the dawarsi of the deeqbishyasha calamiga ah....for my liking. we've had one meeting so far and he thinks, i'm apparently ''too eager to establish''. can y'all believe that? :P:D

4. i've put in a formal bid for one of the various private sector development schemes currently driving the city mad. my friend, who has ''insider knowledge'' of proceedings and who works as a consultant for one of the funders, reckons i have an excellent chance because the idea hasnt been thought off :D. he's been helping a lot with the paperwork. i'm very hopeful balse, i can't rely on these sorts of unicorn-type mashruucs. we'll see anyway.

5. tomorrow, the Hargeisa International book fair starts. i've made brief contact with the organisers and audaciously asked them to donate all the books from this year's fair. we'll see. :)

project timescale

April - May - June - July - August - September - October - November - December - January - February=DEADLINE

(It starts with one)

One thing I don't know why

It doesn’t even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme

To explain in due time

(All I know)

Time is a valuable thing

Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings

Watch it count down to the end of the day

The clock ticks life away

(It’s so unreal)

Didn’t look out below

Watch the time go right out the window

Trying to hold on but didn’t even know

I wasted it all just to watch you go

I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart

What it meant to be will eventually be a memory of a time when...

I tried so hard

And got so far

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

I had to fall

To lose it all

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

One thing, I don’t know why

It doesn’t even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme

To remind myself how

I tried so hard

In spite of the way you were mocking me

Acting like I was part of your property

Remembering all the times you fought with me

I’m surprised it got so (far)

Things aren’t the way they were before

You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore

Not that you knew me back then

But it all comes back to me

In the end

You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart

What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when...

I tried so hard

And got so far

But in the end

It doesn’t even matter

I had to fall

To lose it all

But in the end

It doesn’t even matter

I've put my trust in you

Pushed as far as I can go

For all this

There’s only one thing you should know

I've put my trust in you

Pushed as far as I can go

For all this

There’s only one thing you should know

I tried so hard

And got so far

But in the end

It doesn’t even matter

I had to fall

To lose it all

But in the end

It doesn’t even matter

Alpha Blondy;977062 wrote:
1175675_10151837699844250_462253461_n.jp

more books for the library project, y'all. progress is slow but we'll get there. i promise.
:)

this guy is pathetic, ma istidhi?

abti,

ciyaarta naga dhaf........ because we all know you're looking for sympathy. do you get a kick from hearing praises or something, horta? that type of BS doesn't work in the real world, ma garatay? it's clearly not impressing anyone. either you do this mashruuc or you STOP posting these little snippets of information on these boards. they've taken a dangerous turn for the worse. i suspect most have given up any hope of you achieving this, dee........ and you're looking more pathetic, by the day. i understand you've been telling every person, willing to listen, about your 'little' project. waayow? you're better off keeping your mouth shut and doing something instead, if you're really going to do this, that is, ma fahantahay?

what's this i hear about you making serious progress in the last month alone? are we keeping secrets from these haters? you are afraid of disappointing these pathetic folks? who are they, anyway? :P:p

between you and me...........what's in the incubator, abti? miyaad noo sheegaysa, dee? :P

abti, ma ruunba.....you're very close to opening soon, say in a month or two? hadii aay sida tahay then halka ka sii waad, ma garatay? :P:D;)