Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Ganad Public Library, Hargeisa, Somaliland

Haatu   

ElPunto;960807 wrote:
Presumably - the word 'library' will be in Somali - but the words after or before that can be in any language - heck he can call it Alpha Blondy or Haatu. Why should it matter if he established it? Inaar - you don't need to prove your nationalism by demanding everything to be in Somali. Chill out.

PS - if you really wanted to wage that kind of war - better start with Islii/NFD and the countless Al-huda, Al-fadl, Al- [insert 'FICIIS'] wa kida wa kida. That's a way bigger problem than English.

It's not nationalism it's common sense. If you go to China and make a sign, you write in Mandarin.

Apo, go find a tree and stare at it.

Warsamaale, what is it?

Tallaabo, I only know of three 'rugs' rugta baarista, rugta ganacsiga, rugta taliksa so where did you get rugta kutubta from? :D

what a bunch of pathetic fools y'all are, ma istidhi? this 'library' mashruuc is just ANOTHER gimmick of Al's and it seems y'all are ALL convinced by it.....:P:D

the conversation has been stretched to breaking points over silly technical matters like......whether the Library's names ought to be in the native tongue or English..... that's all y'all are good at, ma istidhi? :P:D

even Apo the cynic is generating ideas, ya? kulaaha....a BOXING CLUB? KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Tallaabo;960815 wrote:
"
Rugta Kutubta MAE, Xarunta Dhaqanka iyo Warbaahinta Bulshada
" is the Somali equivalent of that English title

is this Af-Waqooyi, inaar? i wouldn't want to alienate the xamari diaspora in Hargeisa, ma garatay? ;)

N.O.R.F;960845 wrote:
What going on with the other library project in Hargaisa Alpha?

you probably know more about this than Al. last i heard some awl folks were complaining about the library being in dhaanta habar qalooc. :P. you can't satisfy everyone ee sow ma aragtid? :o

diaspora based mashruuc's and ideas generated outside of its intented place are bound to fail, ma garatay? can you send me $200 and i'll name a section of the library after your famous grandfather, inaar? :P

Tallaabo   

Haatu;960897 wrote:

Tallaabo, I only know of three 'rugs' rugta baarista, rugta ganacsiga, rugta taliksa so where did you get rugta kutubta from?
:D

Hargeisa used to have a public library opposite the theatre and its title was rugta kutubta. It was sadly converted to a police station by some Somaliland government officials who have no idea about the values of leaning:mad:

Tallaabo   

Alpha Blondy;960906 wrote:
is this Af-Waqooyi, inaar? i wouldn't want to alienate the xamari diaspora in Hargeisa, ma garatay?
;)

No Alpha it is not "Af-Waqooyi", it is Af-Shimbireed:D

Reeyo   

Alpha Blondy;960904 wrote:
what a bunch of pathetic fools y'all are, ma istidhi? this 'library' mashruuc is just ANOTHER gimmick of Al's and it seems y'all are ALL convinced by it.....
:P:D

the conversation has been stretched to breaking points over silly technical matters like......whether the Library's names ought to be in the native tongue or English..... that's all y'all are good at, ma istidhi?
:P:D

even Apo the cynic is generating ideas, ya? kulaaha....a BOXING CLUB? KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

We have chosen to take you seriously, can you put a lid on the insecurities and take yourself serious. :P

Library name matters, it'll start a culturally revolution.

Reeyo   

I wasn't insulting, see what I mean? You automatically took that sound advice as a negative.

Alpha, look in the mirror and tell yourself you're a powerful man, with great ideas and with the location and energy to implement them. Don't doubt yourself.

Tallaabo   

Reeyo;961056 wrote:
I wasn't insulting, see what I mean? You automatically took that sound advice as a negative.

Alpha, look in the mirror and tell yourself you're a powerful man, with great ideas and with the location and energy to implement them. Don't doubt yourself.

Tell him to attend the Somaliland version of Oprah Winfrey show with a box of tissues at hand and let it all out.

Maqane   

Alpha Blondy;944130 wrote:
^ yes!

of course, you can!!!!!!! i tell you what, inaar, make a website (something basic....i'll pay for the domain name and stuff via my credit card). we'll add a paypal account to the site. this way people can donate the cash required to purchase materials, equipment and furniture. this will be very useful walahi. i know you're a tech-freak....marka just imagine how much you can help establish the public library. :cool:

Aplha, i admire the people like you who want to make a change, so i'm ready to help anytime but don't expect much from Paypal LOL.

Imagine me want to help but can't because of time inaar :mad:

--->> Chase your dreams Alpha and never give up.