Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Ganad Public Library, Hargeisa, Somaliland

i'll be using the name MAE Public Library, Community Cultural and Information Resource Centre.....:P

what do y'all think? is it a bit archaic? :P

also.....i'll be compiling the LARGEST collection of Somaliland Laws & legal documents and other important national documents ever.......i'll print these, compile them, bind them and archive them and.......... make them available to the general public to use as reference points. it is my hope this will encourage political participation and accountability.

please provide feedback. i'm starting losing focus and need general words of encouragement. come on y'all.....you know you want to....:D

Tallaabo   

I don't believe you Alpha so I have no feed back to give. The only time I will take your project seriously is when I watch its ribbon-cutting ceremony on HCTV;)

Tallaabo;960600 wrote:
I don't believe you Alpha so I have no feed back to give. The only time I will take your project seriously is when I watch its ribbon-cutting ceremony on HCTV;)

my whole life people have doubted, mocked and ridiculed my ideas and simple gestures of goodness.....:D they are convinced these are attempts to 'show-off' and ''seek attention''. balse, i still go on............... as ''haters gonna hate''. i genuinely care about the affairs of Somalis and since i can't prove this in mere words, i'll have to prove this with action, ma garatay? :P

even, when the President, Mayor of Hargeisa, prominant community leaders and international dignitaries come to the grand opening of the library and its shown on HCTV, you won't see me hogging the mic and creating a personality of cult on the media outlets. WHY? because i'm NOT interested in fame and other related activities. :P LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

what Africa needs in this African Century are administrators and technocrats, inaar. i'd rather do the work because ''wax qabad muuqda'' is more important than the 'buzz-words' of the so-called leaders.

ma garatay? :P

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;960599 wrote:
i'll be using the name
MAE Public Library, Community Cultural and Information Resource Centre
:P

what do y'all think? is it a bit archaic?
:P

Please don't. I'll tell you why:

1- Firstly, I detest Soomaalida afafka qalaad qaayo iney leeyihiin mooddey.

2- This library will serve who? Foreign NGO types that speak English or Somalis that speak Somali? So why do you want the title to be in English? Do you feel that your language is inferior and that English is superior?

3- You can be a good role model for all the fools out there by showing that a Somali sign is just as good as an English sign.

So, I kindly request you to have the sign written in Somali and pure Somali at that two (i.e. no loanwords). If you can't find the Somali word for library, go ask one of the linguistic professors to make one.

Wadani   

Haatu;960668 wrote:

2- This library will serve who? Foreign NGO types that speak English or Somalis that speak Somali? So why do you want the title to be in English? Do you feel that your language is inferior and that English is superior?

3- You can be a good role model for all the fools out there by showing that a Somali sign is just as good as an English sign.

So, I kindly request you to have the sign written in Somali and pure Somali at that two (i.e. no loanwords). If you can't find the Somali word for library, go ask one of the linguistic professors to make one.

+1

ElPunto   

Good work Alpha - personally - I think you should call it - the Marc-a$$ Library. And to hell with the language nazis. Ee sida ula soco inaar.

Reeyo   

Haatu;960668 wrote:

+100

Oh how much I despise all them public signs in English all over our country. Even the miyi you will find NGO advising themselves in English to illiterate people.

Alpha, keep it simple and in Somali, make it a local initiative.

Haatu   

ElPunto;960690 wrote:
And to hell with the language nazis. Ee sida ula soco inaar.

One question, why should the title be in any language other than Somali when the library targets SOMALIS?

ElPunto   

Presumably - the word 'library' will be in Somali - but the words after or before that can be in any language - heck he can call it Alpha Blondy or Haatu. Why should it matter if he established it? Inaar - you don't need to prove your nationalism by demanding everything to be in Somali. Chill out.

PS - if you really wanted to wage that kind of war - better start with Islii/NFD and the countless Al-huda, Al-fadl, Al- [insert 'FICIIS'] wa kida wa kida. That's a way bigger problem than English.

Showqi   

Talaabo, tittle-kaaga ereyga warbaahinta ayaan waxaan Ku badali lahaa Macluumaadka, the rest is correct

Warbaahin = Media, and not Information Resource Centre