Sign in to follow this  
Illyria

Elections in Puntland, 2013/2014

Illyria   

You are welcome,

I am not familiar with the other contenders, and they have not impressed me so far. Again, I am still on the fence waiting to see all the candidates.

Illyria;943307 wrote:
Indeed,

The King - Cismaan Maxamuud, Baargaal, Bari.

CgLZ4.jpg

Boqor Osman the modern founder of somali seal diplomacy. :eek:

We returned to Alula, both angry, and the doubt and suspicion grew until like the kherif outside, they screamed through my tortured mind that my love meant nothing to her, that she really loved Sheik Abdurraham Mursal's son and that she was just a tool of her father, the Sultan, and was merely pretending a love of make-believe in order to further the ends of her tribe

source:A Tear For Somalia By Douglas Collins.

Somalia   

Pretend stories from other forums don't cut it here Oba, why not finish it off and post the sketch.

Are you still hurt after the incident with your granddad, the mighty fighters who fought everyone and everything in the name of Somalia or was that not true as it turned out? :D

Somalia   

Which mistakes, what does this thread have to do with anything else other than elections, go watch out for the next suicide bomber instead of being obsessed with Puntland or Jubbaland like Carafaat. :D As for the book, there's a lot of flaws for it to be regarded as a real account, let alone the characters, I bet you haven't even read it, you got it from one famous forum, where IQs drop like flies in the Everglades.

However I was once told that every domesticated animal has its phase, so I am chill.

ask your friend illyria.. sxb i looked through the book the question is what would the author gain from making a false story lool okay if a somali wrote the book or assisted the author i would understand..:D

Somalia   

You didn't look through squat, what a little liar, thus I don't need to discuss it with you, I'd be happy to send you my copy (marked for references) to Sweden, but I don't know whether or not you'd use it.

So keep it moving, hee hoo :D Cure obsession elsewhere, maybe you should stop by Waaciye for counselling, so pathetic.

Somalia;943361 wrote:
You didn't look through squat, what a little liar, thus I don't need to discuss it with you, I'd be happy to send you my copy (marked for references) to Sweden, but I don't know whether or not you'd use it.

So keep it moving, hee hoo
:D
Cure obsession elsewhere, maybe you should stop by Waaciye for counselling, so pathetic.

i'll show u it later you'll see if im lying our not i'll prt screen it,deal?

Illyria   

The opposition is very credible, and if they present a plan of solidarity for the wider constituencies, Faroole's Achilles heel, and advance the federalist agenda, Faroole's vigour, then they will be crowned as the victors. If however they fail, then I would agree it is for Faroole's to loose.

Some people are allergic to Somalia's history , I wonder why is that? Perhaps they perceive that Somalia's history sheds light on how certain corners always were well positioned and contributed to the formation of Somali state.

Stop the envy and embrace your Kings and Sultans, they were, after all, Somali Kings and Sultans. Illyria is correct in putting Puntland's elections in historical context.

Midnimo party is shaping up to be the real deal , an upset may be in order in the coming elections.

ElPunto   

As long as there is a fair process and relative transparency - people can live with the outcome. IMO - Faroole should go - he hasn't built good relations with and among the key stakeholders whatever else good he's done.

Cabdiweli is giving speeches all over - any ideas about his affiliation with any party or whether he has any serious interest in PL politicking?

Illyria   

Xiin,

I agree Puntland needs the likes of Dr. Eenow. He on the other hand does not need Puntland. A stark difference between him and the current crop of wannabe politicians in Somalia at large. Ponder that for a moment.

Midnimo is a composite of the elite and the educated classes, but they might lack the political experience. I ask myself does its top brass possess the kill political instinct - a required ingredient?

ElPunto,

I do not know what Gaas's interest is, but I could tell you he is in the same class as Faroole. To their merit, both are good managers, but I do not think they posses the required leadership qualities of consensus building, coalision forming, and transcending feeble political fences in which case there is no point in striving in keeping the status quo. I hope I am proven wrong.

On the history front

The trouble I observe is members of this forum come across as only interested in keeping up a ficticious facade based on home-grown fallacies marinated in lax in critical analyses, and when reality is brought to the surfice, irrespective of its origin East, South or North, good or bad, it is allergies season all over again. And if you go against the popular narrative, then you are deemed the quintessential antithesis of what is already being accepted as the norm. It is a troubling trend.

How someone would want to engage in meaningfull political discourse without reflecting on the past in order to make sense of current affairs, and discuss future events is beyond me. I do not know, but members here seem to be subcribing to that flawed doctrine. What do In know. may be that is how "geelu uu ugu badiyo". Then again, most are young people with good intentions. let us hope they do not die young.