Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Ahmed I Samatar laga yaabo inuu M/Weyne Siilaanyo la kulmo, Cafis-na Waydiisto

A_Khadar   

Qaranki;943420 wrote:
Listening to the opening stages of the interview and I have to say what has been reported looks like it has been exaggerated.

So far in the interview Samatar has said he was invited by the UK govt to write a paper on who he regards as the stakeholders of Somalia, resigned from the parliament, looking to go to his home town of Gabiley + go to Puntland as well as he doesn't want to confine himself to Xamar.....

Heheh I was expecting this.. Listening the Prof's unity session, I doubted he fall that quick to this headless project..

A_Khadar   

Tallaabo;943424 wrote:
If his reason for going to Somaliland is write about it in his UK sponsored paper for Somalia, then he should be bared from entering the country. He should be told once again that Somaliland is not Somalia and therefore he should head elsewhere for his research. I doubt he will be honest in his assessment and would probably include all sorts of coffee shop fiefdoms in his analysis and presentations as being legitimate “stakeholders”. Somaliland should slam its doors on his face.

Heheh.. Maxaad la qarinyaa?

A_Khadar   

Qaranki;943433 wrote:
Samatar denies meeting Silaanyo in London or Washington.

;) And they reported he want to meet with Silanyo, ileen waxaas oo miidhan baa isku akhriyaa..

A_Khadar   

Qaranki;943437 wrote:
When asked if you would take part in the SL govt if they asked him Samatar responds -

Samatar - "Waxan rabaa in dadka ii dhegaysanaysa inay ogaato in umaddii somaliyeed ee baladnayd - kama tegayo, haddan ka tago'na waxan ahay ma ogi"

Beautiful and very nationalistic asnwer.. The man has a principle..

Qaranki   

A_Khadar;943447 wrote:
Beautiful and very nationalistic asnwer.. The man has a principle..

True, however he provides a good distinction to the nationalism practised by Cali Khilaaf Galaydh, which he points out.

Samatar - "Labaatan sanno ayaan ku jiray inaan ka soo shaqeeyo Somaliweyn, imika anigoo taa iloowsanayn, bal Somalia ha ii yaro fadhidee, bal inaan isku dayo inaan Somaliland iyo intii taagtayda ahaa inaan soo ogaado halkay marayaan, dhibaatohooda, wanaaga, markaa inaan tamartayda iyo oodkayga kuu biiriyo..."

Oodweyne also Professor samatar said that that Somaliland and its people are true believers of freedom and democracy he also clearly stated that there are problems in eastern Somaliland. According to Khadar there is no such thing as eastern Somaliland regions:D

A_Khadar   

Awoowe, I didn't listen to the interview. For some odd reasons, successionists sites are in the black list sites of my company's network.. Not sure why.. May be they contain prohibitted materials:D:D like succession.. Therefore, I was just commenting out what Qaranka posted in here. Unless you have clan issue with Dr. Ali Khalif which I believe you do, the two guys believe the same union and went to Xamar and participated the proceeds of the current FG. If you felt Prof. Samater may soften his position after he disappointed from Hamar to listen to your out cry for succession where Pro. Galaydh doesn't regardless of the outcomes from Xamar, you have all the rights to do business with Samater..:D:D. Weli halkii baan taaganahay anaguse..

A_Khadar   

Xaaji Xunjuf;943475 wrote:
Oodweyne also Professor samatar said that that Somaliland and its people are true believers of freedom and democracy he also clearly stated that there are problems in eastern Somaliland. According to Khadar there is no such thing as eastern Somaliland regions:D

So if Samater says easter Somaliland, there has to be miyaa? All your logics work such a way! You're talking about eastern Somaliland, but I believe there is no such thing as Somaliland!

STOIC   

There used to be an add in American television in the late 90's that used to say 'We lost another one to ditech'...I think we are loosing this one to Somaliland..haha...Horta where is the other Samatar..the UMN guy ? His been quite lately

If he has any political ambition of amounting to something in Somalia, Prof. Samatar would be if fool he doesn't position himself in his home region (current Somaliland) to do the ground work. It is funny separatist brothers want to spin this as a win for Somaliland. For us this is an indication that those in the know are prep'ing themselves for the looming union.

But that is assuming Samatar wants to be a politician ...

STOIC   

Xiiin, so for Samatar to amount to anything in Somali politics he has to start from hometown..no wonder the poor guy is going home after spreading his ink for Somalia for so long...

Stoic,

Despite the hype surrounding professor Samatar's political ambition, the man has very young political life ---his Hiilqaran was anchored in a good intention but was fundamentally misguided as he misdiagnosed the fundamental challenges Somalia is facing today. His involvement in recently concluded road map was very brief (today he resigned from his parliamentarian position). However, he had a very effective academic life.

So the timing is right for him to chart a new course to play political role in the region he came from to participate in Somali politics.

Mario B   

Mar la weydiiyay su’aal ahayd inuu jiro kulan dhexmaray isaga iyo madaxda Somaliland ayuu sheegay inuusan jirin, s
idoo kalena aysan jirin maamul uu doonayo inuu ka mid noqdo oo aan ahayn midka Soomaaliya

The good Prof is clear where his political loyalty lies, I just hope he isn't harassed by our 'democratic' brethren of Habrolands, when he visits his home town.:)

http://www.hiiraan.com/news/2013/Apr/wararka_maanta26-21740.htm