Sign in to follow this  
Daqane

Amb. Amina Ahmed Mohamed just selected as the new Kenyan Minister of Foreign affairs

Last time I checked with her ancestral cohorts They were from Somaliland as Somalia was none existent by then..

Markay sheekeynayaan Odeyaashii La midka ahaa Waxay kusoo hal qabsan jireen."Markaan Somalilain ka imid ee aan Afrikada soo galay"

Markaa Adeerayaal ciyaalkan kacaankii dhashay ee intay kismaayo kusoo koreen kadib qurbaha usoo baxay, yaa taariqda u sheega . Umaddu in ay wada dhalatay oo isu dhaxday yaa ka dhaadhiciya.

STOIC;942727 wrote:
Raula,

Lets look at all my comments on this thread.The first response was to support Macalim point about the origin of the honorable lady.Some were even claiming her to be Somalilander.Because of the nature of the Somali politics where everyone wants to know qofkaa Waqolomaa I only stepped in to correct the misinformation people were reading here.Now you took issue with the word "Original sijui" which If I'm following your argument It meant that I was saying she was the only Sijui and that the rest of NFD are not Sijuis..Now the only reason I put that up there was in reference to the other thread where Apophis inner nag asserted that NFD folks were the only Kenyan-Somalis..I don't know why you choose to airily dismiss his anti-Somali sijui bile and still decided to fixate on my Viatu Mpira insult (which I'll address below).Despite all the evidence to the contrary you decided to side with him instead of approaching the whole thing with an open mind.Thanks to the wonders of the internet anyone can read up there what was said...So let us put his argument away and deal with this one.The original sijui was meant that she was a Sijui and not to compare her with anyone

Now to the issue of justice Mohamed who is a warrior and history bears fact to that.I was just pointing out to the Khatumo folks who were all celebrating in here that they should also celebrate that giant of a man.Did he refuse to take the pink card? Yes he did.Did he serve time for it, yes he he did.Anyone can read his words here and I quote "it is wrong for the Kenya Somali community as a whole to be inconvenienced and stigmatised due to the failure by the various government institutions and departments to do their work. This amounts to collective punishment reminiscent of the colonial day"..I will direct anyone who is interested to read the history of Kenyan-Somalis to read the article by the title RENDERING DIFFERENCE VISIBLE: THE KENYAN STATE AND ITS SOMALI CITIZENS by Emma Lochery*...No one needs my distorted history.Everyone can read there and do their own reserach. I'm sure our readers are mature minded people and they will decide what is fabricated on their own.

Admittedly, Yes the word viatu Mpira was meant as an insult and as you said I'll not have apologized to Nuune and Co..I couldn't resist the temptation of throwing that in instead of keeping it to myself. Yes that was a slip on my part and I sincerely apologized for it.This was an inner circle insult that I shouldn't have repeated.

Any one who wants to understand the screening card ("pink card") issue and the dynamics then of the Moi state should read this article before opening their mouths and yes Justice Mohamed K. Ibrahim refused to take it...http://afraf.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/09/13/afraf.ads059.full.pdf+html

raula;942784 wrote:
bottom line-you brought in an irrelevant example (M Ibrahim) & that muddled things up for me to be honest. & you kept on w/Apophis & his NFD smack so as to correct him here as well. Marka bro, its was unnecessary. As well, i am not disputing M Ibrahim's record-he's an honorable man.

One thing though however, at least you could call me kasuku (though I am hardly in person)..than that other "ndege" you've referred me to. but it was all in the heat of the moment.

Relax and enjoy this dege song kkkk :

Tallaabo   

ole-maasai;942921 wrote:
Last time I checked with her ancestral cohorts They were from Somaliland as Somalia was none existent by then..

Markay sheekeynayaan Odeyaashii La midka ahaa Waxay kusoo hal qabsan jireen."Markaan Somalilain ka imid ee aan Afrikada soo galay"

Markaa Adeerayaal ciyaalkan kacaankii dhashay ee intay kismaayo kusoo koreen kadib qurbaha usoo baxay, yaa taariqda u sheega . Umaddu in ay wada dhalatay oo isu dhaxday yaa ka dhaadhiciya.

Afkaaga caano lagu qabay;)

Horta haddii anantani xijaab sidan lahayd halkaa ma soo gaadhi lahayd??? I don't think so:(

ole-maasai;942921 wrote:

The irony is quite suffocating ...

Illyria   

So reer Marqaan have not given up the Dheelalow yet. I never understood their warped logic. Always claiming other people.

Abdul   

Carafaat;942881 wrote:
The lady is a Kenyan and she will serve tbe interest of Kenya, even when that is against Somalias interest. There is nothing to celebrate here, except for the Sijuis. Congrats to them Somali Kenyans.

Take your vomit somewhere else waryaa.The stench is un-bearable.This is not about clan,and most people are just celebrating a Somali success story.If you have problem with that,then walk to the nearest bridge to you and jump head first.

Fred Matiang'i (Information, Communication and Technology (ICT),

Henry K. Rotich (The National Treasury)

James Wainaina Macharia (Health)

Amb Amina Mohamed (Foreign Affairs)

Adan Mohammed (Industrialisation) another Somali ?

Ann Waiguru (Devolution and Planning)

Davis Chirchir (Energy and Petroleum)

Amb. Raychelle Omamo (Defence)

Eng. Michael Kamau (Transport and Infrastructure)

Phyllis Chepkosgey (East African affairs, Commerce and Tourism)

Prof. Jacob Kaimenyi (Education)

Felix Kosgey (Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries)

Prof. Judy Wakhungu (Environment Water and Natural Resources)

Dr. Hassan Wario (Sports, Culture and Arts) a Somali ?

Najib Balala (Mining) from Mombosa?

Charity Ngilu (Lands, Housing and Urban Development)

Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Services (Vacant)

Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government (Vacant)

Mario B   

Masha'Allah, alf mabrouk to Amb Amina Mohamed, I hope she has a successful tenure and also brings our two governments closer.

Tallaabo   

Illyria;943074 wrote:
So reer Marqaan have not given up the Dheelalow yet. I never understood their warped logic. Always claiming other people.

Claiming her and congratulating her are two different things. Learn to use your head boy. We are proud of her because her family hail from Somaliland but we don't need to claim people as we have a healthy population of 4 million(maybe 5 million) living in Sool, Sanaag, Togdheer, Awdal, Salal, and the other provinces in the republic of Somaliland. Congratulations to our Somali sister once again.

tutu   

Oo kaaley, sheekadu ma waxey gaartey in lagu tartamu arrimaha wadamada kale. Been a quite Sunday, I did enjoy some of your remarks or shoud I say your isqabqabsi regarding Amina's belonging.

FYI; Amina is to Somalia as Obama is to Kenya, marka riyada ka toosa. Just coz my ancestors hail from North Somalia doesn't make me a Somali citizen as the reality is; I have no connection with my ancestor's country of origin, but consider my birth place my only home (whether that sounds daft to your tribe-infested minds or not). Amina assumes Kakamega and Kenya as her only home.

I met her as a PS in the justice ministry regarding a murder, where a daqan celis kid from Denmark together with others knifed another Somali kid (the murderer was from her tribe), and she seemed just and fair in dealing with the case. I am sure she'll do a good job as FM of Kenya.

tutu   

Raula mbona uwaomba msamaha. Huyu jamaa, Stoic, looks like roho yake imefura na mambo za ukabila, ubaguzi na mambo za Somaliland. Though acknowledging Judge Ibrahim's achievements, these pages were about Amina and her new position. I don't see why that should be overshadowed by another individual's merit, even though they may have some ancestral linakage ( as is Stoic's defense). She's our Wangari Mathai/Martha Karua.

Wengi wametoka kaskazini wa Somalia (Zamani uitwa Somaliland na wengereza) lakini haimanishi sisi ni raia wa kule jamani.