Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

Questions asked Siilaanyo on his speech in Atlantic Council

NGONGE   

^^ He did his best. I wouldn't go as far as saying he dealt with it well though. It is very difficult to answer or speak to someone shouting at you in such a setting.

N.O.R.F   

^He managed to accuse the diaspora of instigating and unsettling things whilst also mentioning the success of his peace initiative as well as the ministers in his cabinet hailing from that region. Win win.

NGONGE   

^^ He did. But, for a few seconds there, he did rise to the heckle and went on about it being lies, lies, lies. :D (I wished if he just said "maxamado soco" instead). :D

Tallaabo   

Just watched this video and the speach was ok but the question and answer session was handled very well by the whole team.

A_Khadar   

NGONGE;942975 wrote:
^^ The president hardly dealt with any questions. But I like the system he has with his ministers ("Sacado soco", "maxamado soco", etc, etc).
:D

;);) Indeed they were helpful to safe his face saying lies left to right.

A_Khadar   

N.O.R.F;942983 wrote:
^He managed to accuse the diaspora of instigating and unsettling things whilst also mentioning the success of his peace initiative as well as the ministers in his cabinet hailing from that region. Win win.

Where about the minister(s)? Anyone claims he step on the moon...

STOIC   

NGONGE;942980 wrote:
^^ He did his best. I wouldn't go as far as saying he dealt with it well though. It is very difficult to answer or speak to someone shouting at you in such a setting.

I don't how else the president and his team could have responded to someone repeatedly trying to interrupt the answer they were looking for.Maybe if these hecklers could have listened more than shouting they could have get the answers they were looking for instead of trying to make statements like the president said.The hecklers came across a bit annoying..If I was them I'll have set up a table outside with all the pictures and the facts the guy was talking about just so you come across as normal

Similar sentiments as these hecklers were voiced to the American gov't when SL captured Las Anod. The U.S. gov't laughs at these accusations as shown by the excerpt below.

The only thing these wild accusations of a phantom genocide and mass dislocation of a civilian population accomplish is to further delegitimize those making them. Below is an excerpt of an official transcript between the U.S. gov't and similar anti-SL voices. The Ambassador Yates referenced below was the current Special U.S. Representative to Somalia at the time.

My anti-SL friends: Learn to argue with facts, not wishes.... Friendly advice......

Q [horufadhi]: Dear Ambassador John Yates, I want to thank you and those who created this medium that gives us the opportunity to share our concerns and ask you some personal as well as policy related question and answers.

I am from the Sool Sanaag and Cayn Region of northeastern Somalia. Since the invation of our regional capital in Las Anod on October 15 2007 by the so called somaliland militia, more than 100,000 of my fellow tribesmen have been driven from their homes in Las Anod and are currently refugees in open air camps not far from their homes. I am well aware of what the U.S. policy is towards this so called somaliland republic and therefore will not waste your time on that. What I cant understand is, why is the U.S. continually ignoring this humanitarian crisis facing my fellow tribesmen? The USAID has various undertaking with Somaliland, why are both the State Dept. and AID have not shown any leadership and have been publicl silent in stopping this ethnic cleansing? In your opinion, is being silent and not stopping this ethnic cleansing while at the sametime increasing the funding for the aggressors the new U.S. vision of peace and security for this helpless region?

Yours Truly,

Mohamed Ismail

A [Ambassador John Yates]: Thanks for your question, and we’re pleased you’ve joined us today. I have to point out first that your characterization of the situation as “ethnic cleansing” sounds far-fetched given that clans and sub-clans seem to be shifting alliances often. But the crux of your question is U.S. response to the violence in and around Los Anod. We have not ignored this conflict. We have been engaged with both sides in encouraging a mutually acceptable resolution. USAID has been active in that region through their partner organizations. We have undertaken diplomatic efforts to alleviate the situation, and we will continue to do so. This is an unfortunate situation in already-volatile country; we need to see an end to all military action by both sides and resolve the problem peacefully.

Read more: http://iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/texttrans/2008/01/20080123195254xjsnommis0.3506128.html#axzz2RUNH9Y5y

Facts are such inconvenient little things.........

;) ;) ;)

LANDER   

Oodweyne;942521 wrote:
^^^
Xiinfaniin

Saaxiib, whatever else you do in here, please, for your own sake and for the sake of avoiding a further disappointment in here later on, do not for a moment believe that Somaliland has given up on her cause for a mere
"financial aid"
from the international community (IC).

Ha isku Maweeliyan ee iska daa. They went from tought talk of violence and collecting monies on ballroom dance floors to calacaal in Somaliland political forums, I almost pity them at times.