Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

Questions asked Siilaanyo on his speech in Atlantic Council

Aaliyyah;941866 wrote:
Well done to the lady and that man at the end of the clip who spoke up for justice regarding Khaatumo State in the face of blatant falsehood.

They were really, really, really embarrassing.

Yunis   

War Odayga daaya. The sluggish performance is just the jet-lag, that old age and that fat Peter Pham's fault.

Baashi   

I thought the foreign minister was articulate and little bit familiar with the way Washington works.

The take away from this, in my opinion, is that secessionists have given up recognition and are focusing on handouts and the way they are distributed.

Another take away is the venue of the event is a think tank center. Personalities in this particular think tank are also familiar. Now anyone who has an idea of how Potomac river works will tell ya this event is no event of consequence.

A_Khadar   

It’s true when reer Hargaysa call this guy Bidaar Beenaale, waa this baaaaaac so called foreign minister of the Clan nation.

Here are few of his routine lines of lies:

1. Same people want to resolve the union – one clan wants this not all clans

2. No referendum outside clan clan territories

3. 1.2M allocated to those areas for development - if that much money is available to give out, habaruha gaawo ma qaateen..

4. Peace deals with elders? where did that happen?

Odayga Siilaanyo has no temper and loses with simple question.

Mr. Phan is trying to do damage control from the embarrassment after inviting incompetent fart claiming a president yet a warlord who has full of blood in his hands. Shame on you mr. Phan.

It’s sad they can’t answer what is the major cause that Somaliland needs to succeed.

;):D @ financial reform and menerals and resources are barried... It would be reseanable to say "Qaad/Marfish reform" War wixii doonaa lagu hadlaa..

Baashi;942378 wrote:
I thought the foreign minister was articulate and little bit familiar with the way Washington works.

The take away from this, in my opinion, is that secessionists have given up recognition and are focusing on handouts and the way they are distributed.

Another take away is the venue of the event is a think tank center. Personalities in this particular think tank are also familiar. Now anyone who has an idea of how Potomac river works will tell ya this event is no event of consequence.

That is my reading as well, Baashi. The battle I think will be fought along the lines of defining Somaliland with which concessions (and there must be concessions for our northern brothers) must be made to. It is a fact that not all those who are in the British Somaliland territory are separatists . This administration only represent certain communities and their aspirations ---that needs to be clear in the engagement.

^^Here in the US we are not in the dark as far as Congressional caucus go.

Be that as it may, the battle line I described will remain relevant in the event your deepest wish come true (which is very unlikely for the reasons we have provided in this forum for the last 7 years we have been around here).

Taleexi   

Ahaha, haddaadan xishoonayn waxaad doonto samee/ku hadal, Mr. Siilaanyo say, Buhoodle is a part of "Somaliland", the lady replies, it is not, and the ailing Siilaanyo once again utters; it is a part and parcel of Somaliland - And the spin oscillates. An oppressor never gives up without a fight but the oppressed must know freedom has a price tag. Btw, using photo app, like photoshop, and drawing a map and calling it my land, doesn't work this time and age, cause a challenger can use a latter version of the same tool, and do wonders. Hope Hargeisa folks get their sanity back and opt out their claim of Makhir and Khatumo lands before everyone in the area, friend and foe alike, looses too much treasure and human life.

^^No, Oodweyne. As you know I am a stakeholder in former British Somaliland hence no matter how many grounds you cover or think you covered , I am there with firm feet. There is a reason as to why Siilaanyo is lying when he says Buuhoodle is under Somaliland administration :D :D

I hope you get my drift awoowe.

Jubbaland is a political genius --in its totality it achieves two objectives 1) cementing federalism as a political framework that is final, and 2) contributing to Somalia's revival by creating a political environment in the South that is conducive for large return of those who fled the Somali civil who would and could not find easy to return to Mogadishu. Ciyaar hoose maaha, waa ciyaar sare , Oodweyne. It is good for Somalia

^^Sure we all see your attempt, but gone are the days when claims of control that are verifiably false could be sold to the white man : D

Buuhoodle, the IC knows, is not under Somaliland. Lasqoray, the IC knows, is not under Somaliland. Same goes with Taleex, and Baran. So you guys have a lot of ground to cover, literally :D

^:D :D @ Serbian minority

Yours is more polished version of borrowing-the-muscles-of-others to achieve your goals , is it not ya Oodweyne :D ?

But as long Taleexi is in control of the majority of his land, yours will remain what it is --a man who wants to swallow a piece that is too big for his capacity

^^ha ha ha, and you accuse me of double speak when you take the ring in the art of maneuvering..

In all seriousness, marna ha illoobin maahmaadii soomaaliyeed, gacantaada oo meel dhuuban gashay, lama soo dhufto :D

Don't lose your hand waryaa , intaad soo dhufatid. You know the history of the region to speak to me like STOIC :D , these folks are going no where and no IC convincing can sign their property off to you. Twenty one years of hard work from your part shows this is no wise possible

Glad to see that Xiin is back to his normal self after a minor failure of the nerves yesterday... ;)

Interesting that for all the land the proud clan of the Garads occupies, Xiin uses two border towns as his examples of what SL doesn't control(Buhodle and Taleex). One town, Buhodle, sits half on the Somali side of the border while the other half sits on the Ethiopian side(of the official border) - making it politically impossible for SL to ever have full control of the town. But these are only inconvenient little facts that serve only to depress the active story line at certain 'diaspora cafes' ;)

The anti-SL brigades have given up hope on the return of Sool to non-Somaliland hands and use a tenuous, temporary grip on marginal border towns as their last chance to pin their hopes on.

I was embarassed as a Somali by the emotional outbursts of the radicalized diaspora asking questions during that video clip. They were effective, though, in showing to the interested American audience just how irrational the current diaspora opposition to Somaliland is. Very difficult to win sympathy or friends while speaking like an enraged lunatic in the Hargeisa 'suuq'.

Oodweyne,

The H block exclusively resides in the following cities:

Lasqoray,

Baran,

Taleex

Buuhoodle,

Xudun,

Laascanood

Out of the list above, the only city out of their control is Laascanod. Note that I did not include Caynabo and Ceerigaabo as they are shared cities.

Mintid as always resorts to hype. You, Oodweyne, know better.

Perhaps Somaliland does no longer claim Lasqoray and Baran :D

^^Don't be like Mintid, Oodweyne.

Lasqoray , Baran , Buuhoodle, Taleex, and Xudun are outside of your administration's control. The IC never signed them off to you , and frankly that you think that could happen is the funny part.

And there is no larger point to point out those who oppose your separatist drive are in possession of the majority of their districts. That is very important point to make. Caynabo and Ceerigaabo are shared. Lascanood is in your hands for now though its exclusively populated by the H block.