Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Act like a man, dress like a woman.

Blessed   

Iranian men had started a FB campaign where they dress like women in a show of solidarity following a bizarre court court judgement. Here's a photo stream of Kurd Men for Equality page - it's hilarious but does it work?

Also, what do you girls think of the court sentence and of the tactic of shaming men with womanhood in general?

NGONGE   

^^ It looks like there is more to the story than dressing this man as a woman alone. Sounds like they're trying to insult an entire poeple there. I bet the volume and frequency of arrests in that town are much mroe than anywhere else in Iran. Or else no normal judge would resort to such a punishement without it being a personal attack.

Tallaabo   

I don't know what the Shia Muslims in Iran base their Islamic laws on, but according to the shariah law it is not permissible for a man to dress as a woman. Therefore, both the Iranian police and the protesters are breaking that law and hence sinning.

Blessed   

^The Shia interpretation of sharia is not based on ahadith of ahel-alsunnah and this particular ruling wouldn't be relevant to them - unless it's also found in their books of hadith.

Ngonge,

I agree. It's sad the level of oppression based on sectarian, ethnic and race differences in the Muslim world.

NGONGE   

Tallaabo;941163 wrote:
I don't know what the Shia Muslims in Iran base their Islamic laws on, but according to the shariah law it is not permissible for a man to dress as a woman. Therefore, both the Iranian police and the protesters are breaking that law and hence sinning.

Considering that the people in the pictures are Kurds, they are more likley to be Sunni than Shica (not that I approve of Shica bashing anyway). As for it being xaraam, nothing is that black and white saaxib.

Tallaabo   

NGONGE;941194 wrote:
Considering that the people in the pictures are Kurds, they are more likley to be Sunni than Shica (not that I approve of Shica bashing anyway).
As for it being xaraam, nothing is that black and white saaxib

I agree with you. In my understanding the Hadith is for the heterosexual men who deliberately dress as women and is not against those people with gender identity issues.

Chimera   

*Blessed;941152 wrote:
Iranian men had started a FB campaign where they dress like women in a show of solidarity following a bizarre court
. Here's a photo
of Kurd Men for Equality page - it's hilarious but does it work?

I think the Iranian initiative would suit Alpha Blondy well, he was made for that campaign.