Sign in to follow this  
malistar2012

Madaxweynihii hore ee Soomaaliya Shiikh Shariif oo la hadlay Soomaalida Boston (SAWIRRO

Axad, April 21, 2013(HOL)—Madaxweyniihii hore ee Soomaaliya Sheekh Shariif Sheekh Axmed ayaa la kulmay qaar ka mid ah jaaliyadda Soomaaliyeed ee ku nool magaalada Boston, gaar ahaan xarunta madaxwaynayaasha Afrika ee Jaamacada Boston (African Presidential Archives & Research Center).

Shariif_Sheikh.jpg

Sheekh Sheriif oo ah Madaxweynaha kaliya ee xilligan ku sugan xarunta Madaxweynayaasha Afrika ee Jaamacada Boston ilaa horaantii bishii Janaaayo ee sanadkan 20013ka ayaa waxa uu ku qaadanayay waxbarasho loogu talagalay madaxweynayaasha Afrika ee xukunka kaga daga doorasho xor ah oo cadaalad ah, taasoo ka dhacday Caasimadda Soomaaliya eeMuqdisho sanadkii hore ee 2012kii.

Dadkii ka soo qaybagalay xafladda waxaa ka mid ah Cabdiraxmaan Maxamed Maxamud (Hiiraamoow) oo ku ammaanay Madaxweyne Shariif sida uu u aqbalay natiijadii doorsahada sanadkii hore iyo siyaasadda Soomaaliya oo uu kasoo saaray sida uu yiri ceel dheer, isla markaana waddada u furay mustaqbalka Soomaaliya. Cabdiraxmaan Caydiid oo isna ka hadlay munaasabadda ayaa ku aamanay shaqada uu soo qabtay Sheek Shariif Soomaalidana u rajeeyay mutaqbal wanaagsan. Maxamed Maxamuud Xabeeb ayaa sidoo kale ku ammaanay Madaxweyanaha sida uu isagu dayay in Soomaaliya ku soo noqoto beesha caalamka.

Shariif_Sheikh5.jpg

Dadka Halkaas ka hadlay waxaa ka mid ahaa Madaxa Xarunta Madaxwaynayaasha Afrika ee Jaamacada Boston, Ambassador Charles Stith , wuxuuna Ambassador-ku Soomaalida u rajeeyay inay ilaashato sharafteeda iyo karaamadeeda dawladnimo, ayna taageeraan maamulka jira. Sidoo kale waxaa ka qayb qaatay xafladda Ingineer Abdiraxmaan Calasoow oo ka tirsan xafiiska xarunta Jaamacadda. Iyadoo hannaan socodka munaasabadda uu xiriiriniyay Maxamed Shariif Idris. Xafladda ayaa ku soo gabagaboowday farxad iyo sacab ay jaaliyadda u tumayeen madaxweyne Shariif, iyadoo meesha uu ka babanayay calanka baluugga ah ee Soomaaliyeed.

Shariif_Sheikh2.jpg

Hiiraan Online

Boston, USA

Tallaabo   

I heard Sheekh Shariif will be given the post of professor of air travel and tourism at Harvard;) He is a good guy though.

Maqane   

Tallaabo;940696 wrote:
^ You are right Oba. Somalia desperately needed a humble guy like him and he came into the scene at the right time.

:) +1

Oodka,

An interesting summary of Sharif's short time in office.

As for Boston, all I can say to the gallery is: I told you so ;) Even down to the school he would be affiliated with (Boston University).

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/68283-Sharif-Ahmed-Temporary-Permanent-Move-to-the-U.S.

Anymore than that, I can't currently expand on but there are much bigger games being played.... Games that even Sharif is not aware of, even though he's a willing pawn in the game....

Oodweyne ;)

Point well taken... But I was referring to Sharif not knowing the bigger plans afoot in the larger region. What's depressing is the lack of any insight from most Somalis(in particular Somali leadership) on the changing geopolitical landscape in the region. The game is much bigger than a few barrels of oil found in East Africa which is where the usual conspiracy theories point to ;)

But as you know, that's not a discussion for an open Forum such as this...

Oodweyne;940851 wrote:
And in that sense this period will come to resembled - in its intrigue and and in it's client-beholden reality - to that era of late 19th century which was the period in which heavy competition for influence between the Turks, the Brits, the French, the Italians and lastly the Egyptians, did happened.

Oodka,

I take off my hat to you!!!

I recently went to a gathering where a well-known strategist from the National Defense University(U.S.) was meeting with certain sheikhs(of the oil variety) to have an exchange of ideas between 'friends'. He, precisely, used the 19th Century model as his prognosis of 21st Century power projections among big powers.

And on a different note, I see that you've discovered the Qatari-funding pipeline for Hassan Sheikh from reading your recent postings. As you remember, I was reluctant to share that detail last year during the period shortly after his election - but kept hinting that there was a new source of significant funding(by Somali standards) for the new Mogadishu administration.

Oodka,

This Qatari funding has annoyed both the Ethiopians and Kenyans.

If anything, it was instrumental in the Kenyans bringing the Ethiopians, reluctantly, on board with some of their projects ;)

As we continue to hijack this thread ;)

Actually the interesting times start about now with the Jubbaland project. For, before Hassan Sheikh and his supporters even begin to play a role in the struggle for power in this region, the current Somali partners of the Kenyans must first settle on a formal leadership. This is where it gets interesting. For if you remember, there were two related groups of armed militias and political groupings originally backing this project from the beginning: Ras Kamboni of the Ahmed Madoobe variety and Azania of the Prof. Gandhi variety.

Ahmed Madoobe was supported by significant personalities within the Kenyan security/intelligence apparatus as well as by Farah Moallim. Even the charcoal sales are handled by a company specifically set up for that purpose by Farah Moallim's nephew.

Prof. Gandhi, on the other hand, was supported by Yusuf Haji, the previous Defense Minister and now currently Senator. Ever since the armed push into Jubbaland commenced, Ahmed Madoobe seemed to have the upper hand, given his group was the more military reliable and disciplined. However, recent rumblings show all is not well in that corner. We await what moves behind the scenes Yusuf Haji makes to empower his 'man', at the expense of the other....

Carafaat   

Mintid and Oodweyne, please do keep us common people updated on the insight dealings of the players and powerful in Somalia.

P.S. Mintid, may I suggest to open a seperate thread to share your scoop with us? :D

Carafaat;941642 wrote:
Mintid and Oodweyne, please do keep us common people updated on the insight dealings of the players and powerful in Somalia.

P.S. Mintid, may I suggest to open a seperate thread to share your scoop with us?
:D

Carafaat, sxb,

Are you trying to get me banned from the Forum? ;)

Already the Mintid-phobia is at sky-high levels....