Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

African union security conference begins in Addis ababa Somali president gives a speech.

Madaxweynaha Somalia oo kudbad ka jeediyay Furitaanka Shir looga hadlayo Ammaanka Qaaradda Afrika (SAWIRRO)

Sabti, Abriil 20, 2013 (HOL) — Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya, Xasan Sheekh Maxamuud ayaa maanta khudbad ku aaddan dhanka amaanka ka jeediyay furitaanka shirka Tana Forum ee looga hadlayo amniga Qaaradda Afrika ee ka dhacaya dalka Itoobiya.

Madaxweynaha ayaa waxaa shirkaas kala qaybgalaya ra’iisul wasaare ku xigeenka ahna wasiirka arrimaha dibadda iyo iskaashiga caalamka, Fowziyo Yuusuf Xaaji Aadan iyo Wasiir-u-dowlaha madaxtooyadda, Faarax Sheekh Cabdulqaadir.

“Afrika waa inay kalsooni muujiso una istaagto ka hor-tagista dambiyada qorsheysan ama abaabulan. Dambi waa dambi cid walbo oo geysata waa isla mid. Qiil ma lahan, waana in lagula dagaalamo ciidan ahaan iyo siyaasad ahaan intaba,” ayuu madaxweynuhu ku yiri khadbadiisa.

Sidoo kale, madaxweynuhu wuxuu ku sheegay hadalkiisa: Waxaan aamin-sanahay in dhammaanteen amnigeena guud uu ku jiro deris nabad iyo amni wanaagsan leh. Annaga deriskeenna wuxuu isku haleyn karaa Soomaaliya oo nabad iyo amni ah.”

Madaxweynuhu wuxuu dalbaday in gacan lagu siiyo xukuumaddiisa sidii ay uga adkaan lahayn burcadbadeedda oo uu ku sheegay cadow weyn iyo sidoo kale kooxo uu ku sheegay argagaxiso dowladdiisa kasoo horjeeda, isagoo xusay in Soomaaliya oo nabad ah ay dalalka Qaaradda iyo kuwa dariska ah ku noolaan karaan nabad iyo xasillooni waarta.

“Waxaan ognahay in burcadbadeedda ay dhaqaalaha adduunka wax weyn u dhimeen. Beesha caalamkana waxay waddaa ka hortagidda falalka burcad-badeednimada. Laakiin waxaa muhiim ah in la ogaado in arrinkaas uusan noqon karin suurto-gal haddii aan la helin Soomaaliya oo nabad ah,” ayuu hadalkiisa raaciyay

Ugu dambeyn, madaxweynaha ayaa kula dardaarmay madaxdii Afrika ee ka soo qaybgalya shirkaas in Afrika ay mas’uuliyad weyn ka saaran tahay sidii ay ammaankeeda ku sugi lahayd. Dowladda Soomaaliyana ay dadaal weyn ku bixinayso inay sugto amnigeeda gudaha; taasna ay dowladda u tahay muhiimadda koowaad.

Statement by His Excellency, Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud

Bahar dar (Sh.M.Network)— Statement by his excellency, hassan sheikh mohamoud, the president of the federal government of somalia on Bahar dar forum for security and organized crimes.

His Excellency, Paul Kegame, President of the Republic of Rwanda, H.E Hailemariam Desalegn, Prime Minister of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia,

Distinguished Guests,

Ladies and Gentlemen,

First and foremost, let me take this opportunity to wholeheartedly congratulate the TANA HIGH LEVEL FORUM BOARD for successfully convening the 2nd TANA High level forum on security in Africa. Special appreciation and gratitude goes to two of the most respected Africa’s statesman and members of the Tana Forum Board His Excellency Olusegun Obasanjo and His Excellency Thabo Mbeki. I wish them very best and success.

We are much obliged to our hosts, the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, to upkeep international attention and focus to the plight of security and organized crimes in Africa. We all thank our host and those who initiated and organized this forum and the patience, compassion and hospitality to us.

Excellencies, ladies and gentlemen,

Terrorism is one of the biggest and most challenging security threats facing Africa and the World in the twenty-first century. To meet this challenge, a truly African approach is needed, based on a clear legal foundation and solid cooperation. The Federal Government of Somalia in rejoining to the African spectrum as well as in the community of nations would like to contribute significantly and constructively in developing new ideas and frameworks to combat and improve security, based on our own experiences.

As stated by those who already spoke, I am delighted to pay my tribute and great admiration to the champion and the biggest advocate to peace and stability in Africa in general and in this region in particular, the late Prime Minister of Ethiopia, H.E. Meles Zenewi.

Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,

Today, Africa needs strong commitment from its leaders and people to stand together to combat any sort of illegal activities, including the drugs and human trafficking, illegal arms trade, illegal fishing and maritime piracy, toxic waste dumping, money laundering and any other organized crime in Africa.

I use the word stand together because, current organized crimes are Africanized; Therefore, the effort to combat it MUST also be Africanized. I believe that our concerted efforts mitigated with a strong legal framework; and enforced laws will generate a better image for Africa.

Africa must have the courage to say Crime is a Crime whatever elements it involves, it has no justification, and we have to combat it once and for all both intellectually and militarily in a unified manner.

Let me clarify about the present situation of my country. The challenges that Somalia faces today are complex and differ from the traditional organized crimes. Lack of security and functioning law enforcement apparatus multiplied by prolonged statelessness have created a wide spread instability in the country. As a result, establishing effective security sector remained top priority for my Government. Today, however, there are encouraging signs of progress and hope, and looking forward to stable country with functioning security, justice and law enforcement institutions.

Unlike some other countries, Somalia experiences daily instances of criminality, to the vulnerable people, and abiding citizens losing their confidences and trust to the institutions. The challenge we are phasing is simultaneously building effective security institutions in one hand and fighting organized crimes on the other hand, we have no choice. WE MUST DO IT ON ALL ACCOUNTS.

I am a firm believer that our national security depends on having safe and secure neighbors, so our neighbors will depend on a safe and secure Somalia.

The challenges that Somalia is facing today can be won and overcome, if our African brothers and the international communities together assist Somalia in building our security forces and its related institutions with all its effectiveness and oversight civilian leadership. Currently AMISOM is supporting our forces in defeating terrorism in Somalia.

Let me remind you, that the threats of transnational organized criminal activities in Somalia are not limited to piracy and terrorism. It extends illegal fishing, toxic waste dumping and a huge destruction of our forest charcoal production and export. These activities will not only be illegal but causing for Somalia huge environmental problems that pauses serious danger for generations to come. These crimes have to stop. This must not be seen as a Somali problem. It is both African and global and must be faced in that way.

Excellencies, ladies and gentlemen,

We know that the costs imposed by Somali piracy on the global economy are so high and that international mobilization to eradicate piracy is ongoing effort. However, these efforts cannot be sustained without stable Somalia.

Parallel to that, my Government has launched a huge campaign to eradicate the piracy through mediation and dialogue with the community leaders and the local stakeholders. The fruits of this campaign have led to the voluntary denunciation of so many young Somalis to these illegal activities. The Government is planning to present to the international community a plan for reengaging the young former pirates by establishing a vocational training centers and reeducating to abide by the national and international laws.

I believe that Africa is waiting us to fully address and discuss these issues in very frank and concerted way. To combat all sorts of transnational organized crimes, we need to work out a strategy from the local to the global level. The need for effective communications to fight national and international organized crimes must be made locally and globally. I hereby confirm that Somalia is committed to this.

Above all, we need a forum like this august one to organize many events to continuously address and focus on the eradication of these crimes.

May I take this opportunity to express my deep appreciation and gratitude to the Institute of Peace and Security Studies, the TANA High Level Forum Board for giving me the chance to address this forum. I would also like to express the same appreciation of this audience. I am particularly indebted to Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn who offered me to participate for the first time in this Forum.

Excellencies, let me conclude by thanking the Federal Government of Ethiopia for being the host for this forward-looking event. Somalia owes you for this endeavor. You are a true friend!

THANK YOU.

The president is there to talk about the security of his country and the neighboring countries Ethiopia Kenya Djibouti are there to. It is true that the president is opposed to the Jubbaland conference. And he wants the IGAD countries to sit behind him when it comes to the sovereignty of his nation and that they do not support any conference with out the green light of the goverment in Somalia.

Apophis;940369 wrote:
I don't mean to be harsh but you have shown (from your posts/threads) an average, at best, witticism and intellect for me to truly engage with you. And this maybe the reason why you find my comments infuriating (that is: wa dhufeysantahey). A shame really for someone whose's nickname promises an above average IQ. A damn shame.

But what the hey, we can't all be brilliant
:D

Cool story bro

Waranle_Warrior;940389 wrote:
No amount of outside tours or giving speeches in different capitals will acquire him respect or earn him the hearts and minds of the Somali people.

He has the support of the Somali people, he only doesn't have the support of certain Somali Kenyans but he is not the President of the north eastern Somali Kenyan province he is the President of Somalia a different country.

^It doesn't matter whether you twist or tweak it the President is not in very good shape when it comes to his standing on the Somali people as a whole and so long as he has problem persuading and rallying the support of even the tiniest clan in Somalia he's doomed to fail. It has been no secret that he lost the support of major stakeholder groups and clans with his divisive, short sighted, clanish and HAG promotional agenda.

Adiguse, Xx, you care only about the problems and the conflict of Somalis in the south.

The president has the support of his People the People of Somalia i am not talking about a few disgruntled diaspora members the President is a hard working man and he is an honest believer. The president wants to create an all inclusive entity in southern Somalia instead of clan states and he doesn't want to empower clan identities in Somalia. So he wants to create an all inclusive strong entity and from there create sub governmental institutions and regions not based on clan but a variety of regions and communities.The President doesn't care about what people in garisa and jigjiga say about his country he is not responsible for them.

^You can say whatever you want but the reality is this President does not command a great respect from majority of the Somali people except few of his HAG close tied links and comrades. The people Jubba, Puntland, Bay-Bakool, Shabeelaha House are all suspicious and quite surprised with his blatant clanish policies. Even he introduced some favoritism within his own HAG sub groups.

He's divisive and is seen a such or looked at very suspiciously by many Somali clans (yes clans and we know clan mean something in Somali politics) and it will take him years to recover from this self inflicted bad stains if, and that's if, he changes course. But we will see.

Waranle_Warrior;940408 wrote:
^You can say whatever you want but the reality is this President does not command a great respect from majority of the Somali people except few of his HAG close tied links and comrades. The people Jubba, Puntland, Bay-Bakool, Shabeelaha House are all suspicious and quite surprised with his blatant clanish policies. Even he introduced some favoritism within his own HAG sub groups.

He's divisive and is seen a such or looked at very suspiciously by many Somali clans (yes clans and we know clan mean something in Somali politics) and it will take him years to recover from this bad stains if, and that's if, he changes course. But we will see.

These are all allegations based on what exactly the President is not clanish he wants to reform Somalia its you who is clanish and want to create and clan states in Somalia. The President wants to create all inclusive states free of qabiil. What did the President do to Puntland he invited faroole to come to xamar to attend his inauguration Faroole refused to come to his capital. The President is doing a good job you need to support the President.

The pain the loss of that 'Prime Minister's' seat has caused in certain corners....

That 'seat' represented an international microphone to blast certain 'propaganda' about the significance of certain regions and constituencies in the larger Somali context.

Xaaji, you need to take the above affliction into consideration when you ask 'what has Hassan Sheikh done to you?'

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people.

The laangaabs are talking about positions of niman ilma adeer ah lakala siiyay, whether its Gedo or Puntland, these are kinfolks but what have you? And if you are talking about positions Puntlanders had the most top positions than any other Somali clan and will definitely keep those posts close in the near and longer future but what have you?

Mintid, a small mind, that always discusses about what other people got or not, haha a weak man's meek.