Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Amin Arts - Siyaasada Waqooyiga Soomaaliya

when thomas sanka renamed his country from its french colonial name Upper Volta to Burkina Faso (the land of upright men) and its people Burkinabés, he not only ensured the country broke away with its tormented colonial legacy but in tandem established the conditions for a bright future and a shared new identity.

when muhammud ali jinnah negotiated an independent Pakistan from uncompromising hindu zealots, he changed the hindu language previously spoken in the indian subcontinent to urdu and used the arabic script to get closer to the ‘muslim identity’ and away from any previously shared commonalities with India.

the reconstructing and reconstituting of a country’s value, according to its own parameters, and of course in the eyes of the international community, are instrumental in creating an ultimate unshakable reality – permanent, unyielding and facts firmly placed on the ground. the rebranding and recreating of national myths and convictions is vital. similarly the re-indoctrination and remolding of people is imperative too.

Somaliland MUST follow the historical precedence set by trailblazers like Burkina Faso and Pakistan in transforming itself.

the term 'somali' has to all intent and purposes become harmfully soiled forever and calling your country Somaliland – combines the two prong legacies of colonialism and the failed reunification and subsequent events proceeding. anything with 'somali' evokes negativity and wreck any potential progress and development.

the golis mountain range covers about 45% of Somaliland's land mass from east to west. it also represents the symbolic ideal of unity, unity of a people so closely interlinked, yet, whose inability to unite for a common cause has meant a limbo of sorts and unending purgatory.the changes necessary for such a transformations should start with the immediate obliteration from memory with anything associated with the term 'somali', whether prefixed or suffixed. Somaliland MUST be renamed Golisia and its citizens Golisians. the language should be renamed Golisiyana and written in a different script, if necessary and re-branded to make it a closely related but uniquely different to the olde somali language. a new capital city MUST be built in Oog to achieve a geographically balance.

these plans will only require a 2/3 majority in both house to be implemented as per the constitution. Golisia is not too far from its deserved place among the countries of the world. hollywood celebrities like ben stiller, Cameron Diaz and the likes of Bono from U2 are to be enlisted and lucrative deals signed to use the rights to the plight of Golisia and Golisians to attract media attention from the most remote and least densely populated corners of Latvia.

for 21 years the name ‘Somaliland' has crippled our destiny, aspirations and collective will. admittedly, it should be noted too that we’ve chosen the wrong path in achieving recognition. how many more years will the good people of somaliland be reliant on the deeqbixiyasha and speculate on the direction of our cursed neighbouring country. victory belongs to those who strive for it. we are at such a critical juncture in our history. and ultimately success belongs to those who take what’s rightfully theirs and by any means necessary….indeed

Apophis first fight for your land than create a state in ur Land occupied by the Xabashis , sovereignty and territorial control maha wax cid kale ku hayso wa wax aad xoogaga iyo xiniyaha aad ku dhacsatid.

Aaliyyah   

STOIC;940311 wrote:
. By the way KhAtumo folks were considered SomalilAnders

First of all, the current clan based admin “Somaliland” is different than the British Somaliland that consisted of multi-clans. Secondly, Khaatumo clan was the only one among the clans in the North of Somalia who never signed any treaties of protection with Britain. Hence, the Khatumo folks never recognized the colonial borders (British Somaliland) and still stand firm by their decision.

The Sage   

Well Amin is a cartoonist after all so I'd say he did his job by making us laugh at this drawing....it is pretty ridiculous after all since it's completely removed from reality.

That map is about as accurate as this map of the US:

QsxwkdO.gif

Aaliyyah;940334 wrote:
First of all, the current clan based admin “Somaliland” is different than the British Somaliland that consisted of multi-clans. Secondly, Khaatumo clan was the only one among the clans in the North of Somalia who never signed any treaties of protection with Britain. Hence, the Khatumo folks never recognized the colonial borders (British Somaliland) and still stand firm by their decision.

They were not the only clan there were other clans to who didn't sign the colonial treaties for instance the Baligubadle clan southern Hargeisa didn't sign the colonial treaty and there were others to. The Brits signed a treaty with all the coastal tribes Maakhir clan the awdal clans saaxil and other sanaag clans. But since the Garaad clan is a clan of the interior they didn't sign a treaty the same with the baligubadle clan.

STOIC   

Aaliyah, I didn't meant it in political sense.I was just saying you guys are not viaatu mpiraa...lol....I sincerely apologize to Garissa folks like Haatu and Nuuune....

I don't participate this kind of cyber fadhi Kudir nor I have the luxury of time to do so. This response is an educational one for the two boys Oodweyne and STOIC as well as JB if he still around. see the link below

http://i9.tinypic.com/4r134ow.jpg

This picture was taken in 1907 at Berbera coast and clearly shows Somalis (or in other words your great grand parents) put in the worst form of SLAVERY.. This how the British threat your ancestors, this is your history; this is what they should teach youngsters at schools.

Garaad Bari;940349 wrote:
I don't participate this kind of cyber fadhi Kudir nor I have the luxury of time to do so. This response is an educational one for the two boys Oodweyne and STOIC as well as JB if he still around. see the link below

This picture was taken in 1907 at Berbera coast and clearly shows Somalis (or in other words your great grand parents) put in the worst form of SLAVERY.. This how the British threat your ancestors, this is your history; this is what they should teach youngsters at schools.

that sawir is not berbera its Seylac

raula   

wale dad baa xamaasad qaade..

Stoic-your insults personal (belittling et cetera) & 'distorted' political somali-kenyan view is noted. & bro..you are the one that perhaps needs a history (Kenyan or not) lesson as well on Viatu Mpira (Apophis account of how the term came about is true).

As for Ood's ticks -on garabsiin STOIC i can naively say that perhaps dhiiga kugu kare..& mixed up shaah w/cusbo (mandhow bilaash butler or slave iyo wateva words ha ugu wicin Apophis & other non-SL sijui's alike ....get your facts right & come back w/a better argument than that garbage you decorated w/pax britannica .

Haatu   

STOIC;940272 wrote:
Heh..You are really naive if you think the Viatu Mpira is not insult to the Garissa folks or as if they are the only rightful Somali citizens of Kenya..A little history of the Somali-Kenyans should be in order for you my dear brother.Your folks maybe hand-suckled by the Moi era hysteria, but they are far from being the only Somalis..Some of us go way back.Just google the original Somali setllers of down Kenya and let me know who are the real Kenyans...

Down Kenya doesn't belong to Somalis dee Nyeri Boy :D