Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Introducing Pirate Elections: Puntland's No IDs, No registration Polls.

Carafaat   

Xaaji Xunjuf;940442 wrote:
Faroole is not going , north galkacyo clan want cabdi cawar but faroole deported cabdi cawar

Bosasso brings in the cash. Bari folk dont want another Mugdian warior whoes focus is Xamar, they want someone who can focus on Puntland only.

AYOUB   

Puntland: A Joint Letter from UDAD and Midnimo political Associations in Puntland

Published on April 23rd, 2013

Garowe, April 21, 2013

To: Puntland Transitional Electoral Commission

Cc: Interpeace Organization

Cc: UK Ambassador to Somalia

Cc: EU Special Envoy to Somalia

Cc: United States Special Representative for Somalia

Subject: Final Compromise on our Participation of Upcoming Local Election The execution of free and fair elections to choose our political leaders is a dream that haunted every puntlander in the last 14 years. When the current government announced the start of the democratization process in the last quarter of 2012, a number of political associations that are committed to produce change have risen up. For the first time in Puntland, political associations have begun to woo supporters from community masses through presentation of their political programs to the public in order to win their approval for political leadership.

However, with the insistence of the government to run local elections with no ID and voter registration requirements and the removal of the provisions related from the local electoral law, the already declining trust between UDAD and Midnimo on one hand and PTEC and government on the other hand has widened. Since then, the existing notion of having corrupted and fraud elections has been multiplied successively. In addition to that, no single item from our list of concerns raised in our previous discussions has been positively and sufficiently responded by the government; the establishment of constitutional court, the necessity of non- partisanship electoral commission, security of the polling stations, voting of non Puntlanders, fixing of regional borders etc.

Nonetheless, corollary to our consecutive discussions with DSC delegates last week, we have been convinced to drop ID and voter registration conditions due to time and financial limitations and we accepted it temporarily in substitute of the list of safeguards against election fraud formulated by PTEC.

However, in exchange of the above, we believe that confidence building for all stakeholders is a cornerstone and very crucial to the electoral process and therefore the following three points are a prerequisite for our full participation to upcoming local elections by UDAD and Midnimo political associations:

http://puntlandnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/A-Joint-Letter-from-UDAD-and-Midnimo-3.pdf

AYOUB   

Somalia;940287 wrote:

This one, my God.
:D

Voting is not even
POSSIBLE
without registration. And it says it will be held in June, while your secessionist colleague posts an old link which says it is postponed indefinitely.

So explain to us, why would they hold an election without voters?
:D

You are either in denial or having trouble comprehending the concept "Pirate Elections". Check the bold open letter above by the two parties boycotting the polls, they will be no voter registration nor IDs required in these special elections. I can't explain how that is possible, we're all in the same boat - no pun.

Ayoub is interested in Puntland politics eh? And he thinks it is about trinity clans :D

Elections will be held , and it shall have its pumps as any democratic exercise would. But there is no political crisis that warrants a discussion.

June 30th will be when the first election will be held.

AYOUB   

^ These are not ordinary elections yaa Xiin. Would you like to read your - unrealiable - tea leaves and say which of the Unholy Trinity will take full advantage of the lax conditions set by the Imam?

^^Adeer there is nothing I can do to alleviate your cuqdad against those you call 'unholy trinity', but xiin is unaware of any such political groupings. Besides, if you think my response or prediction is unreliable why bother ask me , Ayoub?

AYOUB   

^ Entertainment of course. :) C'on now be a good sport. You were brilliant with your PM prediction not to mention the SL participation in the London conference.

^^The London Conference are not held yet, so be smart & stop bragging about the future :D.

But if you were aiming at entertainment on my expense, then one concludes you have not been smart about it. Transparency, they say, is always good :D

AYOUB   

^ It was not only entertainment, it's always good to hear what is being discussed on other dinning tables and the likes of you and Mooge have delivered the goods on more than one occasion. What party are you backing anyway, I guess you are not an UDAD supporter.

AYOUB   

^ I see you've all angles covered. Trinity in PL, -Block caravan in Jubba and selling the merits of Wanlaweynism to SL. :)

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;942045 wrote:
^^Adeer there is nothing I can do to alleviate your cuqdad against those you call 'unholy trinity', but xiin is unaware of any such political groupings. Besides, if you think my response or prediction is unreliable why bother ask me , Ayoub?

Xiin, cuqdad ayuu meel kasta ku arkaa, qof kastana ku tilmaamiyaa. I guess one does that when out of arguments. :D

AYOUB   

^ He accused me of having "cuqdad" against The Unholy Trinity and then denied knowing what that trinity was. Only Xiin can pull a manoeuvre like that. I'd rather hear his take on UDAD in stead of Cuqdads.

Gentlemen,

Ka qalleeya Xiin, maanta.... He's had an emotional day (for some reason) and seemed unable to maintain his usual distortions of arguments. Give him a short holiday from the 'usual disrobing' he's subjected to here in this Forum.

In other words, be charitable...