Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Introducing Pirate Elections: Puntland's No IDs, No registration Polls.

NGONGE   

Putting the SOL differences aside for a minute, any lover of democracy must love any discussions about elections and voting. Therefore, I think Ayoub and Mintid should cut PL some slack here and praise the efforts of that land to introduce democracy whilst bearing in mind the problems and troubles Somaliland had when they introduced this system at first. Teething problems are a normal thing.

Having said that, I don't think Ayoub posted this thread out of interest in PL democracy but rather to highlight the strange silence over such an important event in Somali politics. As a result, his question (and mockery) over the weird obsession of Puntlanders at anything Jubbaland when there are bigger issues taking place closer to home is as valid as anything.

p.s.

Che, Duke would be proud of you today, saaxib. I'm not (I would have said the same thing about the other guy but I don't really know him). :P

^Sxb, it's one thing to mock people but to call entire group of people thieves?

I understand Ayoub to take jabs, it's all fun and everything but scripts take it seriously.

Carafaat   

Mintid Farayar;940242 wrote:
Ayoub,

Our brothers from the East continuously show no interest in their traditional homeland, Puntland, except as a mere bargaining chip to relocate to greener pastures, whether it's Mogadishu last season or the Jubba Valley this season. I refer in particular to the huge diaspora of that community which never had a strong tie with their ancestral Puntland. Most were driven out of Mogadishu and its environs(post 1990) and hold no love for the harsh lifestyle of Bari, Nugaal, or Mudug. Case in point: even after years of relative peace, you hardly hear of an entire Puntland family from the diaspora moving back to Puntland, only the men return to pursue business opportunities. It's more realistic to imagine mass diaspora migration to Mogadishu and surrounding cities in the South in the next decade than the towns of Puntland.

Note: an oil find by the recent wildcatters in Puntland could have changed this trajectory, but unfortunately for our Eastern brothers, that 'get-rich-scheme' failed with a silent wimper...

Obviously the strategy of using Puntland as leverage has not worked since Yey came to power. Hence reason why Puntlanders are focussing

On Jubbaland, in the hope of getting more leverage in Somalia. Whilw there so many things closer to home needing attention, for example terrorism, all the assasinations, piracy, Galkacyo debacle, the communities like Golgodob, Ras Caseyr, Galgala, etc that feel left out.

Carafaat   

Faroole appointed 4 out of 7 Electoral Committe members, where Riyaale only appointed 3 out of 7.

Faroole is the winner here. :D

^Waxaas waxba kama jiraan, meesha ma Habraha uu Riyaale bilkastaa dhici jiray oo xirxiri jiray miyaa mooday. Meeshaan Puntland ayaa ladhahaa rag birta calashaday ayaa jooga Faroole markuu waqtigiisa dhameesto wuu iska tagi wuuna ogyahay xataa haduu kuguulaysto doorashada rag aan yeelayn oo wax lamarsiin karaa aan jirin ayaa jooga. Hadeeba waxay lataaganyihiin hada ayaan meesha kasaaraynaa oo lahayaayo laleeyahay kajooga bal suga xoogaa :D

Faroole will go when his time is up, take my word for it, taasu waa xaqiiq, Puntland adeer calool jileec iskama yeesho wuu iska tagi odagu wuuna ogyahay.

Gentlemen,

We want Faroole to stay! 5 more years for Faroole. He and his fiefdom have proved an effective buffer zone against dangerous elements from further afield.

A man who understands his limitations and along with his sons concentrates on those limitations, while hardly paying attention to diaspora fantasies of 'certain-mythical-glory-days'. The man knows what he's doing and how to be a responsible partner where it counts ;)

Carafaat   

Faroole will not leave Garowe. He is very comfortable there. And to be honoust he has been a good neighbour towards Somaliland and a good governor for Culusoow.

Faroole knows he's not coming back and doesn't want to come back per se as a person but has other plans and strategies up on his sleeves. The opposition parties know that and they are trying to counter that, whether they succeed in that or not remains to be seen but the end point Faroole isn't coming back.

But the secessionist can tell us what they want, we are all ears.

Haatu   

The Unholy Trinity is no more. The Garowe boys have this. Gaalkacyo and Boosaaso can cry themselves to sleep :D

Somalia   

Waranle_Warrior;940429 wrote:
Faroole knows he's not coming back and doesn't want to come back per se as a person but has other plans and strategies up on his sleeves. The opposition parties know that and they are trying to counter that, whether they succeed in that or not remains to be seen but the end point Faroole isn't coming back.

But the secessionist can tell us what they want, we are all ears.

The secessionists love chaos in Puntland, waa dad runta haddii la isu sheego xaasidiin ah, in their nature.

Wax loo dhimey ma jirto, for example if a person from the south was to have hatred towards Puntland, I see their reason but these ones nabada bii kuu diidan yihiin, that is a very sad and truly telling trait. This observation has been made by many people, even the honest secessionist will tell you of this.

But that is why we should continue to entertain them on this board as their blood pressure hits new highs. :D Saddos.

Haatu;940435 wrote:
The Unholy Trinity is no more. The Garowe boys have this. Gaalkacyo and Boosaaso can cry themselves to sleep
:D

Faroole is not going , north galkacyo clan want cabdi cawar but faroole deported cabdi cawar