Sign in to follow this  
Saxansaxo

Talented somali designers

Aaliyyah   

*Blessed;942118 wrote:
Arabs do it better than Somali, if you take a photo at a Arab wedding waa lagugu soo duulayaa. I don't think Somalis are as bothered tbh. Last Somali/ Yemeni wedding I went to the DJ was behind a screen laakin mar walba intuu soo baxo ayuu Islamaha la hadlaayay.
:D

Lugu soo duulaya miya tidhi? baga saasa wanaagsan. lol@ intu kaso baxo islamaha la hadlaya. In my city there's this same 50 something bold guy who you would find taping every somali only-ladies aroos ( and the hypocricy is when the groom and his men are coming in, the guests are warned to wear hijaab if they are hijabis like u pointed out earlier...waan is weydiiya kan nin ma aha manto dhan ku hor boodayaan markay buraanburayaan? wa aduun)

GaroweGal;940203 wrote:
MashaAllah! Laakin nothing I would wear not a dirac girl, I have a soft spot of guntiino.
:)

Guntiinada is very nice. If i had to choose I would definetely go for that and saddex qeyska, subeeciyada and the whole package.

Aliyah: Wearing them will definetely depend on the context, as blessed explained with the all women parties. But i agree some of them can be worn with a hijaab and a jacket if it's a mixed party/wedding.

Guzel;940237 wrote:
I dont like it, the dresses are too long, i am surprised none of the models tripped and they have no shape/too baggy

I noticed their length aswell I think they have been inspired by the length of cabaayah, I was told back in the emirates that it's a trend that they are long and can touch the floor.

Serenity and chubacka: I think also that it would look even more nice if they werent so wide, but I guess It's a matter of dookh.:)

I've noticed that its popular that dresses are a bit wide there, maybe it's something with the trends there in carabta? I dont know.

*Blessed;942118 wrote:
Arabs do it better than Somali, if you take a photo at a Arab wedding waa lagugu soo duulayaa. I don't think Somalis are as bothered tbh. Last Somali/ Yemeni wedding I went to the DJ was behind a screen laakin mar walba intuu soo baxo ayuu Islamaha la hadlaayay.
:D

Lol... Anigaa iyo dhoowr hablo ayaa nalugu soo duulay at a somali wadaad aroos after taking pictures of our selves recently. I've seen similar reactions of people that did that too in other somali weddings too, I guess waa iska nasiib.