Sign in to follow this  
Saxansaxo

Talented somali designers

Came across this video of a fashion show in UAE. These girls are very talented MashaAllah.

The dresses at 13:03, 14:45 and 21.04 were gorgeous.

Aaliyyah   

I found most of these clothes immodest. But, then again I guess you can fit in a hijaab and a jacket with some of them and it should be fine.

P.s they should try to cater to the muslim girls who want to be modest. Other than that congrats to their efforts and hard work.

Guzel   

I dont like it, the dresses are too long, i am surprised none of the models tripped and they have no shape/too baggy

D.O.C   

I can't see any somali model wearing dresses (all whites and Thais), so what is the point? If these designers need quick dosh in this world, it is all perfect for them but they need to answer a lot of questions in hereafter. They could have designed islamic dresses instead of these revealing filth.

Blessed   

^Bisinka, calm down, hijabis aren't always required to cover up.

@Aaliyah ... They actually are catering for Muslim girls who are modest. In the UAE and much of the gulf there are no mix weddings, no photos allowed to be taken and no videos. If the groom comes in, women are forewarned and those who are proper hijabis - cover up with abayaas and shaylas. It would probably be easier / cheaper to design and tailor your own modest dress using the same fabric.

Looks like one big maro with a couple of threads to me... cant see where exactly the style comes into it. I like my clothes carefully and meticiously stitched to suit me.

Aaliyyah   

*Blessed;940321 wrote:

@Aaliyah ... They actually are catering for Muslim girls who are modest. In the UAE and much of the gulf there are no mix weddings, no photos allowed to be taken and no videos. If the groom comes in, women are forewarned and those who are proper hijabis - cover up with abayaas and shaylas. It would probably be easier / cheaper to design and tailor your own modest dress using the same fabric.

Thanks for the clarification. And can anyone actually pull off "no photo" policy at parties? It would be somewhat hard to control a crowd.

Blessed   

Arabs do it better than Somali, if you take a photo at a Arab wedding waa lagugu soo duulayaa. I don't think Somalis are as bothered tbh. Last Somali/ Yemeni wedding I went to the DJ was behind a screen laakin mar walba intuu soo baxo ayuu Islamaha la hadlaayay. :D