Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

NGONGE's Argument for SL's London Conference Participation

Oodweyne,

In Hawd parlance, there is a credible threat against any partition of Somalia. Period. In other words, Somalia's dismemberment will result in a conflict that no one in the region has stomach for. So what we are worried about is not necessarily a partition per se, it is the notion of 3 mere Mothers sitting down with world powers as an equal party to the Federal Government in Mogadishu :D.

That is the profile I was speaking about. There is nothing I can do to dissuade you from this delusion of Somaliland becoming an independent country.

So far its only cali khalif galaydh making noise and saying the ankara agreement was in favor of SL. Its seems the rest of those who are traditionally opposed to SL are fine with the situation those in Jubbaland and the one in Garowe. And are more concerned about the Jubbaland state formation.

NGONGE;941227 wrote:
^^ And again, "activitaing" the Imam will lead to confrontation between him and the president. The appearance of prolonged confrontation in Somalia will only go to advance the SL case (more now than in the 22 years previously). Surely the only way open to anyone opposed to SL's goals is to appease Hassan Sheikh. Still, the question is what is more important for Hassan Sheikh and his opponents; winning the "internal" struggle or stopping SL!

Ensuring the territorial integrity of the country is and has been a priority. Internal political struglles however will continue as they must in Somaliland, Puntland and in the South.

^^I admitted the new profile. Not sure what else you want me to acknowledge :D

You are still the three mothers that declared independence 21 years ago.

ps. Funny thing is Oodweyne is ready to harass me about pictures about Somaliland while he is unable to see the Jubbaland progress, it is also funny he is no longer dismissive about IC

Oodweyne;941242 wrote:
So, Xiin, you don't think what the powers that be think of what Somaliland is has anything to do with whether she becomes an independent state or not?

No I think the IC has a very significant role in Somali politics today. I believe however that short of cooperation from Somalis themselves, the IC has no stomach to Balkanize Somalia. What you are conveniently forgetting is there is a documented dispute in that region. And even if we assume Hassan is sympathetic to your cause there is nothing he can do practically on the ground about Puntland's stance or Khatumo's stance on what Somaliland is.

^^Of course if one succeeds to sell his version of argument to the powers that be, one can indeed move the needle as it were and advance his larger cause. However, despite the significant rise of Somaliland's profile in Ankara and London, and perhaps in Washington as well, the argument they are trying to sell is an old one , and I am not sure how they can square the circle in terms of legal precedent and regional political realities that are stacked against them.

By any angle you look at it, the issue of Somaliland's separation will have to be decided by Somalis. And that is something you will find almost impossible to attain a favorable outcome from it.

^^Not sure if you are reading what I am writing :D . I guess it is the Sal-Fudayd part in your gene that fails you. We are not in disagreement with respect to the role of international community, particularly the powers that be. All I am saying is there is no reason to expect that the powers that be will change their long standing strategy to treat Somalia as one country. The only change we see is an effort to revive that failed state.

I think you are misreading the geopolitical reality, it does not permit an dismembered Somalia.

If you really believe Somalis have nothing to do with Somaliland fate, then you are more delusional than I thought.

Sounds like it's a sad Monday at Cafe Calaacal(Minnesota Branch) from what I'm reading on the Board today.

However, the attempt to falsely paint the meeting between Siilaanyo and Hassan Sheikh as an exercise in which 'Siilaanyo got the upper hand' is simply the usual attempt to put Mogadishu at odds with Hargeisa. From what we know thus far, the two delegations decided to agree on their common positions and 'agree to disagree' on areas of contention (while maintaining the cordiality existant between the two leaderships). A win-win for both camps.

It's a particular camp outside of these two parties that feels cornered & is busy seeking an exit out of the current 'box' they're in.... - whether it's by carrying water for certain regional states' Somali peninsula ambitions(http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/70828-Will-Djabouti-efforts-to-reconcile-Kenya-and-Ethiopia-with-Somalia-work) or if that fails to start acrimony between Mogadishu and Hargeisa(a tactic often used in the past by the usual denizens of Cafe Calaacal).

Does Xiinfaniin really think Koonfurians have a say about Somalilands future this is just wishful thinking

Mintid spot on there are always certain people from particular corners trying to create a friction between the 2 sides talking. This is no longer the case even the elders of Mogadishu today i quote them said the following.

“Waxaan aaminsanahay in uu dhamaaday wakhtigii labada shacab loo kala sheekayn jiray inuu wacyigii haatan isbedelay oo dadkii bisladeen maanta dadku ay yihiin shacab aan been lookala sheegi Karin ama aan is aqoon meesha way ka baxday wadahadalkaa maanta bilaabmayna waxa uu astaan u yahay dadku xaga siyaasada waxay doonaana hakala aaminsanaadaane, hadana dadku inay yihiin labada shacab oo dadkooduna walaalo ah oo xal ka gaadhi kara waxa bulshadu ay horumar ku gaadhi karto”. ayuu yidhi gudoomiyaha Odayaasha Beelaha Mogadishu

^^Unfortunately, Xaaji Habaar, those 'certain people from particular corners' are the ultimate deciders of your fate, for they live in the regions you wish to secede with :D

an elder in Mogadishu however sympathetic does not live in Sool or Sanaag and has no influence what so ever .

Oodka,

In early July of last year, the former IMF economist, Ali Isse, of Khaatumo fame/infamy, went around Nairobi doing the 'Western Embassy talking circuit' to win sympathy for the Khaatumo project. While keeping details to a minimum, the sessions did not go so well for our Khaatumo architect. He found these Embassies were better informed on the happenings in his ancestral lands than he was. He also realized these same Embassies were well-clued up to the diaspora-based nature of this project.

This contributed to the demoralization we detected recently on the Khaatumo front. Since the timing was before the Mogadishu elections for new FG leadership, Khaatumo strategy was quickly adapted to gain influence through influence-peddling within the FG parliamentary and presidential elections, and by aligning with the 'correct' presidential aspirant, open up a new front against SL. We all know that strategy didn't get very far.

Currently, the Khaatumo project finds itself in difficult circumstances. On the one hand, they need a solid, positive relationship with the FG in Mogadishu to politically pressure SL, yet on the other hand, certain 'cousins' are pressuring the Khaatumo 'party' to support the Jubba project in clan-solidarity, a move certain to alienate the Mogadishu-based FG.

Hence, the demoralization and 'political silence' you've noticed recently from Khaatumo boosters on these Boards....

It should also explain Ali Khalif's sad demotion to 'Youtube' speeches as a platform to maintain what little relevance remains....

Currently, the Khaatumo project finds itself in difficult circumstances. On the one hand, they need a solid, positive relationship with the FG in Mogadishu to politically pressure SL, yet on the other hand, certain 'cousins' are pressuring the Khaatumo 'party' to support the Jubba project in clan-solidarity, a move certain to alienate the Mogadishu-based FG

Exactly ali khalif galaydh the last few months was campaigning for the constitutional rights for the jubbaland project. Now he finds him self in a very harsh situation the Mogadishu government cannot really take him serious. Well some with in Khatumo those in taleex, refrain themselves from addressing the Jubbaland project ali khalif went even further and insinuated that Saacid farax was a puppet calling him the shadow of hasan sheikh maxamuud. So not just the Mogadishu folks but he also politically clashed with the gedo leaders.