Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somaliland Will Attend the London Conference?

The Sage   

In all seriousness I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves when it comes to coming to conclusions based on a handful of facts. What we do know is that due to the democratic nature of the country, Silanyo is beholden to the electorate in Somaliland and we know that attend the conference isn't even a conceivable notion for them. If he wants to ensure his future political career and maintain social and political stability in the country its best that he stands firm on the non-engagement position.

Even though the Brits might be dangling carrots and holding sticks in front of Silanyo, we know that even if he brushes off their advances the Brits will have to engage with SL as they realize it is too strategic and in their best interest to engage with them.

I guess time will tell but be in for a big surprise when it comes

Lets all be realistic and logical here, we all fully know that SL will attend the conference in May, whether Siilaanyo gets something to persuade his constituency from the Brits as NGONGE suggests or have an ObSERVER(LOL) status as JB suggested.

The SL government will attend the Somalia conference in London as part of the Somali factions.

NGONGE   

Siilaanyo's system of government has always been one where he does all he can to avoid the finger of blame being pointed at him (this is why he loves setting up "guddis"). He may try to convince the opposition and the SL parliement to accept the invitation to go to the London Conference but, since I believe that the reply is going to be "NO", I strongly doubt that Siilaanyo is going to accept this invitation.

Here is Hirsi talking about the meeting with Cameron (more or less what I suggested yesterday):

“Raysal wasaaruhu waxa uu ka dalbaday Madaxweynaha inay Somaliland ka soo qeyb gasho shirka uu London Ingiriisku ku qabanayo. Madaxweynaha Somaliland waxa uu Raysal wasaaraha u qadimay mawqifkayagii oo ah inaanay Somaliland shirka ka soo qeyb galaynin haddii ay tahay madaxweynaha iyo haddii ay tahay madaxda kale ee qaranka ee uu kala tashadayba, waxaanu u sheegay in qarankayagu uu ka tashaday oo uu shirkaasi ka gaadhay go’aan ah inaan laga qeyb galin.”

“Markii uu Madaxweynuhu arrintaasi u sheegay waxa uu mar iyo lababa Raysal wasaaraha Ingiriisku ka dalbaday Madaxweynaha Inay mawqifkoodaasi dib u eegaan, maadaama oo ay duni badani ka soo qeyb galayso shirkan Somaliland-na ay tahay cidii ay iskugu dhowaayeen oo aanu miiska Somaliland madhnaan ee haddii ay ku adag tahay inay ka soo qeyb galaan ay ka fikiraan sidii ay goob jooge ugu soo diri lahaayeen,”ayuu yidhi Wasiirka Madaxtooyadda oo maanta u waramayay Laanta Afsoomaaliga ee BBC-da.

“Madaxweynuhuna waxa uu ugu hal-celiyay maadaama oo Somaliland iyo Ingiriiska saaxiibtinimo qoto-dheeri ka dhaxeyso, waanu qiimaynaynaa, laakiin arrintani waa go’aan guud ahaan qarankaygu isku wada raacsan yahay wixii tallo ahna uu ku soo celin doono go’aanse muu siinin.”

Wasiirka madaxtooyaddu waxa uu intaasi ku daray inaanu Madaxweyne Axmed Siilaanyo waxba ka bedelin mowqifkiisii, hase yeeshee isagoo ixtiraamaya Raysal wasaaraha Ingiriiska waxa uu ku war celiyay inuu ka soo fikirayo isla markaana tallo kula noqon doono Somaliland.

http://www.somaliland.org/2013/04/18/wasiir-xirsi-oo-ka-hadlay-kulankii-raysal-wasaaraha-ingiriiska-iyo-madaxweynaha-somaliland/

NGONGE;939869 wrote:
Siilaanyo's system of government has always been one where he does all he can to avoid the finger of blame being pointed at him (this is why he loves setting up "guddis"). He may try to convince the opposition and the SL parliement to accept the invitation to go to the London Conference but, since I believe that the reply is going to be "NO", I strongly doubt that Siilaanyo is going to accept this invitation.

Here is Hirsi talking about the meeting with Cameron (more or less what I suggested yesterday):

“Raysal wasaaruhu waxa uu ka dalbaday Madaxweynaha inay Somaliland ka soo qeyb gasho shirka uu London Ingiriisku ku qabanayo. Madaxweynaha Somaliland waxa uu Raysal wasaaraha u qadimay mawqifkayagii oo ah inaanay Somaliland shirka ka soo qeyb galaynin haddii ay tahay madaxweynaha iyo haddii ay tahay madaxda kale ee qaranka ee uu kala tashadayba, waxaanu u sheegay in qarankayagu uu ka tashaday oo uu shirkaasi ka gaadhay go’aan ah inaan laga qeyb galin.”

“Markii uu Madaxweynuhu arrintaasi u sheegay waxa uu mar iyo lababa Raysal wasaaraha Ingiriisku ka dalbaday Madaxweynaha Inay mawqifkoodaasi dib u eegaan, maadaama oo ay duni badani ka soo qeyb galayso shirkan Somaliland-na ay tahay cidii ay iskugu dhowaayeen oo aanu miiska Somaliland madhnaan ee haddii ay ku adag tahay inay ka soo qeyb galaan ay ka fikiraan sidii ay goob jooge ugu soo diri lahaayeen,”ayuu yidhi Wasiirka Madaxtooyadda oo maanta u waramayay Laanta Afsoomaaliga ee BBC-da.

“Madaxweynuhuna waxa uu ugu hal-celiyay maadaama oo Somaliland iyo Ingiriiska saaxiibtinimo qoto-dheeri ka dhaxeyso, waanu qiimaynaynaa, laakiin arrintani waa go’aan guud ahaan qarankaygu isku wada raacsan yahay wixii tallo ahna uu ku soo celin doono go’aanse muu siinin.”

Wasiirka madaxtooyaddu waxa uu intaasi ku daray inaanu Madaxweyne Axmed Siilaanyo
waxba ka bedelin mowqifkiisii
, hase yeeshee
isagoo ixtiraamaya
Raysal wasaaraha Ingiriiska waxa uu ku war celiyay inuu ka soo fikirayo isla markaana tallo kula noqon doono Somaliland.

Just the same message as that of the doctor put in an "Olkejuado" style and swagga :) Olkejuado A maasai Word for Togdheer

NGONGE   

^^ A Somali speaking Maasai? Did the family want you to learn a new language but could only afford the cheap schools, mate? :D

Tallaabo   

NGONGE;939880 wrote:
^^ A Somali speaking Maasai? Did the family want you to learn a new language but could only afford the cheap schools, mate?
:D

Waar maxaad ninka sidaa ugu gashay;)

War dee maxaa ku jaban hadii dictoorku intuu meesha tago uu Foaasia Xaaji iska ag fariisto. Oo hadalkana laga ilaaliyo ilayn way adkaanaysaa in lakala garto in uu isagu hadlay iyo in ay Foosia hadashay :)

NGONGE   

Guru, he's meeting the UK Somalilanders tonight. Do you really expect him to reveal any change in policy with such a crowd? :D

NGONGE   

^^ I used to be able to reason with him in his early days here but I fear I have lost him to Xiin's more exciting movement of "talk now, think later". :(

A_Khadar   

Xaaji Xunjuf;939397 wrote:
Haadabay yidhaheeen wanu ka so fakireyna it doesnt sound to good

Still its being chaired by somalia

How do you want the world to take you serious if you sit behind the somalia leaders

Xaaji ma isku ciyaaraynaa?

I am not sure what is holding NGONGE back to accept the reality. Whether in the form of ministerial delegation or the old man himself, Somaliland will most likely attend London Conference. NGONGE despite his efforts to sound deep is spinning nonsense when he argues against that simple point.

In was in Istanbul when Somaliland after announcing strong opposition against attending Istanbul Conference quietly flew from Hargeysa with a delegation led by Mohamed Abdullaahi , and participated the conference with other Somali political entities. I never heard a word of protest as to why the admin did a turn around about that conference. Actually the Somaliland delegation were housed in the same Hotel with the rest of other Somali delegates , they were there like the rest of Somalis , intermingling with their brothers from Mogadishu , Puntland and Galmudug (I was there to witness one session of salaan iyo booqasho between Somaliland and one side of Somali politics which if one reads Oodweyne, Mintid and NGONGE's talk , one would find hard to believe it could actually happen) . Marka aayara waraaqaha aad qoraysaan, because simply put this online separatist nonsense has no place in reality...

NGONGE   

^^ How is this for reality, Xiin? :D

Please pass on my greatings and wishful salutations to Malika too. :P

NGONGE;939880 wrote:
^^ A Somali speaking Maasai? Did the family want you to learn a new language but could only afford the cheap schools, mate?
:D

Believe or not "Ngonge" my learning is better than casiir tutorials :).I was schooled by none other than brother to legend Hadraawi. By name in Walanwal, Lived here among the Maasais.