Sign in to follow this  
Wadani

White Privilege-Boston Marathon Bombing.

Safferz   

Blackflash;939367 wrote:
It's not a phenomenon that is unique to the United States, or the west for that matter, so why should it be discussed as if it is a unique issue? Minorities tend to be disproportionately ostracized when a negative act is attributed to a member of their community. One example is the high profile nature of crimes committed by U.S military personnel in Japan.

I never said it didn't exist, just that I don't consider it to be something unique enough to warrant such a specific name.

I think you're missing the point -- the question Tim Wise is asking is *why* are acts of terrorism attributed to certain groups, and why is it when a white person commits acts of mass murder, they are never referred to as a terrorist and their entire community isn't pathologized as a result. That's white privilege.

Wadani   

Blackflash;939345 wrote:
Shouldn't it be called
majority privilege?
I wonder what would happen if 10 Kikuyu men resided in Mogadishu and 1 decided to kill a few Somalis. What would happen to the remaining 9?

Ur right. But still, it's not a misnomer to be more specific and call it white privilege when speaking within the American context.

xabad   

I don't need to elaborate, your living in a developed country and enjoying the opportunities it affords and at the same you wanna bad mouth the same country's people. ungrateful much.

Safferz   

Che -Guevara;939378 wrote:
^This is coming from a guy who was badmouthing people the other day.

I still don't think he's serious.

xabad;939377 wrote:
I don't need to elaborate, your living in a developed country and enjoying the opportunities it affords and at the same you wanna bad mouth the same country's people. ungrateful much.

I try to the grateful to the country itself and it's ideals, not the individuals themselves. Barring seniors and their contributions, I consider everyone else to be my equal in that I'm just as dedicated in furthering myself and in the process contributing to the success of the nation.

I won't kiss the *** of someone based on what their ancestors did, nor will I denigrate them.

Haatu   

It's a majority white country. That should tell you everything. You can go on and on about equality all day long but that's just BS at the end of the day. Live with it.