Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

What are you listening to right now?

Safferz   

Wadani;939195 wrote:
lool, I appreciate the honesty. But y not?

I just don't have an issue with it :P I'm not sure how else to answer your question.

Wadani;939195 wrote:
lool, I appreciate the honesty. But y not?

Feminists don't have problems with women being degraded in hip hop, they have to be entertained too.

Safferz   

AfricaOwn;939201 wrote:
Feminists don't have problems with women being degraded in hip hop, they have to be entertained too.

What's feminist is listening to whatever I want, despite what some dudes on SOL define as appropriate and fitting for a young woman to listen to. That's an exercise in power and control that affects (or at least attempts to affect) my agency and personhood more than what some rapper has to say about his own sexual desires.

But since you're the SOL authority on feminism here, AfricaOwn:

o9i8le.jpg

xabad   

A while back i heard that the biggest consumers of Gangsta rap were women and white youth, i dismissed quickly. But now i am convinced of it as fact. Their living their dark desires and fantasies vicariously through this foul mouthed medium.

Safferz   

xabad;939210 wrote:
You're in the rebellious age aren't you? how old are you saffz

I was about to go back and edit my last comment to add something about how it's also infantilizing (men imagining themselves as responsible for women and their behaviour, projecting their own gendered notions of respectability then imposing them), but here it is.

Safferz;939208 wrote:
That's an exercise in power and control that affects (or at least attempts to affect) my agency and personhood more than what some rapper has to say about his own sexual desires.

I Actually agree with that...

And many dudes are influenced by those lyrics" “Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it/I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.” Rick Ross

I don't see no problem with lyrics like that, and I trust that you don't as well. After all we don't care about what some "rapper has to say about his own sexual desires

Safferz   

AfricaOwn;939215 wrote:
I Actually agree with that...

And many dudes are influenced by those lyrics" “Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it/I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.” Rick Ross

I don't see no problem with lyrics like that, and I trust that you don't as well. After all we don't care about what some "rapper has to say about his own sexual desires

Dumb post. Read again and note that I said "more than" and that my comment is in the context of a discussion on a specific Petey Pablo song.

Safferz;939218 wrote:
Dumb post. Read again and note that I said "more than" and that my comment is in the context of a discussion on a specific Petey Pablo song.

......, you do not know much about hip hop, stop fronting. Peace

Chimera   

A hammock in the garden with this nice weather, and a cold Ice-tea, what more can you ask for?

This is my morning song, I feel all freaked out and pumped up, adrenaline rush x over 9000!: