Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

Halal home-wreckers

Reeyo   

This is a silly question and possibly frivolous- but don't disappoint :)

Just had a nice catch up session with some old school friends that I haven't seen in a long time and one shared a rather disturbing yet not so un-usual fact.

She admitted to seeing a married man, and of course all is 'halal' and it's all done with the prospect of marriage. Now this is not a young hopeless reer miyi woman that has no means or education in fact far from the usual suspects profile.

Anyhow it just got me thinking and wanted see anyone found this slightly weird. I stopped asking for details thinking I'll probably know the unsuspecting wife. :/

What do you think?

Chimera   

Reeyo, its part of life sometimes we give up blue to get a chance at purple, or green or bubblegum popcorn, its why we fall in love because we want to see rainbow clouds and therefore we endure the mocking rain until the sun shines bright what the hell are you still reading my nonsense?

STOIC   

You wanna married men perspective stay out of it if not then hell hath no furry like a scorned woman.After you find out the victim report back to us how that ends up...am not endorsing polygamy but damn sometimes life is a crap shoot...haha

STOIC   

Warya Che suasha kajawaab saxiibkeen malaqaxiina or no she should let it slide.Reer magaal wayee gabadaa crossing the line lol damn auto correction

Reeyo   

Che- I know low blow right. It's just the usual suspects are reer miyi girls/passport seekers :)

Chimera- Oddly enough that made perfect sense.

Stoic I'll not report back in fact I plan to stay as far away as possible. I hate drama.

-Lakin would you encourage this sort of behaviour?

STOIC   

I mean it is hard to encourage those sort of ideas but people will always pull the permisability of religion.If she is a close friend you can talk to her but some people are dead set on what they want to do..I am assuming your friend is here in the west, how she going to navigate a polygamous marriage in the west with more responsibilities and tight life budget? It is a tough situation all can do is talk some sense to her and stay back

Reeyo   

She's an old school friend and I wont get involved in her decisions not my place to play that role.

So I'll rule you off as against the idea then Stoic.

Safferz   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;937833 wrote:
Qof ayaa micnaha 'reer miyi' u gambisay. Reer Miyi, for your information, waa dad diin iyo dhaqan leh and far from being a woman who engages in xaaraan activities.

Where did Reeyo say anything about haram activities? In fact, she titled the thread "halal homewreckers."

Malika   

Not really, adiga sii kale uu qadatee - it is just a phrase, reer miyi iyo reer magal marka la kala saro sort of thing..@MMA

Reeyo - uu daa your friend, she will regret it - I have seen few do that , only to create a shamble of a life for themselves and all those concern..swahiligu wexee tirada 'mtoto akililia wembe, mpe' - ' if a child cries for razor, give it to them'

Reeyo   

Lol @ Mtoto akilia wembe' True.

Miskiin, I meant no offence just using it to illustrate a point.

Jacpher   

I have heard many things about reer miyi and promiscuity ain't one of them.

I think your friend knows what she wants and how to get it. She isn't trying to fit into a category or a box and conform to the majority of public opinion. Some people go for what they want and care less about what others think of them or if they get liked or accepted. Others care so much about the influence of others that they try to fit it to the pressures of the majority.

Faheema.   

Some people go for what they want and care less about what others think of them or if they get liked or accepted. Others care so much about the influence of others that they try to fit it to the pressures of the majority

...and some simply just don't like to share lol

lol@Che, always playing the devil's advocate :D

Shouldn't the title of this thread read...potential Halal home-wreckers lol maybe the first wife might be 'OK' with the whole sharing thing and therefore no home to wreck :)

D.O.C   

It is so heartbreaking to see so called educated Somali women looking down on unfortunate ones of their own race. FYI reer miyi is a way of life for some but not a social division.