Sign in to follow this  
Illyria

Hargeysa INTERNATIONAL Airport

Somalia   

Actually it has a Kacaan build terminal I believe, it serves international flights to China, India and some even to the US. :D

The Sage   

Well considering that Egal Int;l just finished their $10 million USD expansion of the airport, I would say that it is light years ahead of the airstrip in Garowe:

http://somalilandpress.com/vp-saylici-opens-a-new-passenger-terminal-at-hargeisa-international-airport-27985

"VP opened the new terminal hargeisa airport today; the project began in 2010 and involved lengthening the existing runway constructing a taxiway, apron and new terminal that can now handle more passengers than before.

This new phase will include the construction of a 1 KM and 700m parallel taxiway"

“The largest type of passenger and cargo aircraft will now be able to land at this Airport. This presents enormous opportunities for trade and investments,” VP Saylici said, encouraging business to attract international cargo carriers"

Construction of new runway:

b76qErC.jpg

5pKBS5N.jpg

zFalyqb.jpg

New/expanded terminal:

qISD5x0.jpg

Dr_Osman   

10 million dollars with this

qISD5x0.jpg

I could get that done for less then 50k. Its not even new its refurbishment or at best a face life. The inside is still the same.

Where in the world have you seen an asphalt run-way looooooooool nimanku way marqameen again i think