Sign in to follow this  
Cambuulo iyo bun

Somali women and the reverts

Bess.   

It's seems a bit exaggerated to say that all the somali women who marry reverts are self loathing, insecure and ajahanabi lovers....who btw also hate somali men.

From what I have seen there seems always be a bit of a culture clash whenever too extremely different cultures get married, I have noticed the complications arise btw somali/whites and somali/ african Americans .....to list a few. Somali people r xenophobic by nature( if u r not u have a close relative or relatives who r), this makes the interactions with others difficulty and marriages with other cultures so much more hard work for the couples than it had to be.

Ps...I think a person should have the frugal or extravagant(if u can afford it) wedding that they want. As long as it doesn't beggar u in the process.

Juxa   

I think somali people object by way of is-tus-tus iyo halagaa sheego.....when their son/daughter/family member goes on to marry non-somali wey ku faanaan, so and so gabar ama wiil cadaan baa guursaday yada yada, it is like a sign of status

On public lakin they show distaste, waa laba wajiilayaal. I say qof walba udaa wuxuu doorto and let them get on with it.

There are plently of xaliimo and faarax still willing to marry one another. What is the big deal?

in la, the last somali couple wedding took place the nite when lady Diana was killed in the car accident in Paris!! lol.. I remember that nite i was participating in this wedding & having a good time with xaliimoos for the first time in my life.

So, i have seen alot of this mix-marriage shyte 2...but one thing that i notice it about, is this! Educated xaliimos marriages last longer, while trash xaliimos dont!! Infact t-xaliimos marry, jail convicts and low lifes, which in turn, them homies really screw them xaliimos in a really bad ways.

So in a way...America is all about education since, as an immigrant we land in the worst neighborhoods, our less educated sistas/brothas end up in a bad predicaments.

All my marriages took place out side of la!! Its not a good idea to get married in la........why......most famous news that you hear about la, is what??

Divorces!! right. Its not a good karma.

Rahima   

Juxa;934584 wrote:
Another women bashing sheeko

Sometimes I wonder dadkaan meesha ay ka yimadeen. Decent families value marriage of their girls and encourage them not to value lacag and iyagaaba caawiya the new family.

I can believe some ladies want lacag badan which is her god given right but please dhaqanka ha ceebeyn.

If you don't want to pay just say NO and move on. Let her marry monkey if she wants maxaa kaga galay?

I am too old for this Sh!t. Naga daaya

Exactly what i was thinking Juxa.

Have you also noticed that they pay something for us (here let me offer a kitaab to buy her)- the insults are flying all over the place.

Rahima   

Wadani;934620 wrote:
And that's precisely the problem. A lot of young woman hate being Somali and everything associated with it as a result of the civil war and the condition of Somalis in the qurbaha.

And this.

Wadani you must be pulling our legs right?

Juxa   

Rahima

Whatever happened to 'aroosaa faqiir maaha'. Times must have changed, waxa la joogaa when some men are penny-pinching dhaquulo. It is not inability to give their bride something, ee it is unwillingness to part with anything.

Women are expected to pay their way, be it the aroos, the furniture, the dahab, then comes the rent, the electricity, water bills etc.

Subhanallah what happened the real RAG, are they disappearing species?

By the way, i dont think it is all men, it is some and increasing group that want everything for free, i blame the CEYR system, it robbed our community the sharaf of earning everything they want/have. It made our men shell of their former self. I blame women too for accepting less, tolerating this nasty behaviour.

I dont think guurka is a business of earning lacag/dahab, and i think we should always follow sunadii nabiga csw and not make it hard. We should live according to our own means and ability.

And finally I applaud the men that marry with sharaf, that would give their gacan midig to make their somali queen happy. After all dadku ma wada xuma, men and women.

As to marrying Ajnabi I will always believe it is personal choice and not an act designed to humiliate, belittle the somali men or women.

Rahima   

^ Couldn't of have said it better my friend. I'm sick of this Somali women bashing phenomena on SOL- perhaps the boys need to band together and initiate strategies to transform into RAG and whilst you are all at it bakhaylnimada iska dhaafa- gacan furan is very attractive because it means he values you more than hoarding the dough.

This does not apply to the brothers who don't have the means, just the ones whose wallets are so full it makes them lop sided and they still refuse to share :D

Rahima;934723 wrote:
^ Couldn't of have said it better my friend. I'm sick of this Somali women bashing phenomena on SOL- perhaps the boys need to band together and initiate strategies to transform into RAG and whilst you are all at it bakhaylnimada iska dhaafa- gacan furan is very attractive because it means he values you more than hoarding the dough.

This does not apply to the brothers who don't have the means, just the ones whose wallets are so full it makes them lop sided and they still refuse to share
:D

It seems to me that you're dismissing these legitimate points by claiming it's "Somali women bashing".

Nowhere did "Somali Women bashing" ever take place.

A Somali woman has the right to marry whoever she wishes, it's her freedom to do so. I'm just offended how some Somalis put ajnabis on a pedestal, and they tolerate behaviour from an Ajnabi which they would NEVER tolerate from a Somali. That's the real problem. That's an inferiority complex

-Lily-   

I agree inferiority complex is pathetic but Somali women also tolerate a lot from Somali men that no human being should. Ultimately, I don’t think this is anything personal. We’re a minority and not all of us are going to end up with a Somali partner. That’s just reality and no one should take it personal or project it as self-hate.

Bess.   

Lol...true Che, but I fight the idea that I am an elitist, or bigoted and I try to keep an open to other people around me. I am glad that being educated has opened my mind and I will not tolerated ignorance and negativity.....like calling women trash xalimos:mad:

underdog   

As unfair and slightly sexist as this may sound....

Somali men complaining about the dating/marrying habits of Somali women is surprisingly similar to White men complaining about minorities taking their jobs. Absolutely Ridiculous!

If you're a Somali man the marriage scene is STACKED in your favour...all the time! May not be fair but thats the way it is at the moment.

you show up with your negotiating team, hear the terms and conditions and try to work out a deal. Imagine if the girls family had to bid on you while you just sat back watched....what would you be worth, I wonder?

If you can't afford her you have 3 choices:

1) Get a better negotiating team

2) Go improve your negotiating position (get a title, invest in some bespoke suits, upgrade your social profile)

3) Aim lower (there's different price points and I'm sure you can find one to suit your current budget)

Whining is NOT a suitable option. Stop coloring outside the lines and get your sh!t together, you're making us look bad!

underdog;934790 wrote:
......get your sh!t together, you're making us look bad!

oh yeah?

says the modern man of the hour. inaar, what's next.....moisturisers and a pedicure.

underdog   

Alpha Blondy;934791 wrote:
oh yeah?

says the modern man of the hour. inaar, what's next.....moisturisers and a pedicure.

I saw your toes in one of those gardening photos....you could really do with moisturisers and a pedicure .