Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Afrika waxaa kusoo arkay...

Stoic, some cheap hotels might be infected with bedbugs, so be careful, though. In Islii, bedbugs have a nickname: Shabaab. It is pretty much hard to get rid them off, from hotels to homes to schools to dugsis to marfishes.

Haatu   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;932200 wrote:
It is not dungeon, but even decent ones are infected with them. Bedbugs invaded Islii en masse in late 2007, early 2008. Dadkii Xabashada dagaaladooda kasoo cararay ayaa keenay ayee dhahaan Reer Islii.

We tend to blame reer Somalia for everything :D

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;932144 wrote:
Don't bother giving away your dhar. This is Reer Islii's primarily interests as a gift: Smart mobile phones (particularly iPhone5 or Samsung Galaxy s4), digital camera, latest laptops, iPad or its likes, quality kareemooyin (lotion) and shaambo (shampoo).

Don't bother with dated mobile phones. They want the latest, the latest that you don't even know exist or had seen. They know pretty well the mobile models.

What the hell? haha... i am trying to go in August insha'allah, i'm gonna have to step up my gift giving :eek:

Carafaat   

STOIC;932078 wrote:
There are flights So I heard..My friend did attend his Flight school here in the US and left for good after finishing his Flight School.Now he flies all over Somalia and NEP.I don't mind paying extra..haha

There are no flighs to Northeastern. There is only a military airport in Wadjir, where flights to Somalia stop for security clearance.

Diyaarad rakaab ah ayaa aado Mandheera. I don't know how frequent, though. Gaarisa diyaarad ma tagto, not a public one that I know of. Basaskii 'scary' ahaa ku sugaayo should one want to go to Gaarisa, though they upgraded having a 'first class' seats that costs more.

Somalicentric;932601 wrote:
What the hell? haha... i am trying to go in August insha'allah, i'm gonna have to step up my gift giving :eek:

Isdiyaari lee. Keep buying, buying, buying the gifts. Just watch your airline weight allowance. :-)

STOIC   

Carafaat, back in 1997 there was bluebird aviation (owned by Somalis) that used to go to Mandera and Wajir.I don't know if they still around.Garissa is close to Nairobi I doubt there is any benefit businesswise to start a route there...

MM, Sakajaamiintaa matatu walii maa music qaracaan..Their music used to be defening.I know it was hip and impresionable when you are young, but damn that thing kills your ears...Poliska igaa waraan..Aniiga iyo iyaagaa waxbaa nakalaa haysta markaan basaborr Mareykaan tusoww afkoothaana kucayoo..lol

Haatu   

Carafaat;932652 wrote:
MMA, ma raacnay matatu. My most exciting experience from Africa was travelling with matatu's and bodha bodha's.

Twende! Twende!