Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

PM Saacid's list of items re: Kismaayo.

Gabbal   

The PM will be staying in Kismaayo longer than assumed. These are the list of items he unfolded which his government wants to pursue:

1. Turn the current Jubbaland-building conference into a regional reconciliation conference for the people of the three regions

2. This conference will be presided over by the Federal Government which will grant legitimacy nationally and internationally

3. At which point all non-government and non-AMISOM names or factions will be laid disbanded and fully integrated (Ras Kamboni, Ahlu Sunnah, etc)

4.During which the Federal Govt will name a 6-month temporary administration for the regions while Al Shabaab is being removed from all areas of the territory

5. During these 6 months the government administration will have full control over revenue collecting sevices

6. After 6 months implementation of federalism will ensue and the people of the regions will be given all aid to realize this dream

We will see what the final outcome becomes.

If everything is as you put it then I don't think this will happen and it will end in disagreement. Saacid will go back with a failed mission and the agenda collected from Culusow's diary book.

a non starter . A pure Mogadishu agenda that will not fly.

If government's priority is reconciliation as it should be it should start with the capital city first. Simple logic.

Brother Gabbal are the gedo community fully backing the Prime Ministers initiative, also i heard something about the port authority coming under the prime ministers supervision is this also true.

What most people are forgetting is that although Gedo folks have a say in this they are not the only stake holders in Jubbaland. The PM will accept what the people of Jubbaland want or he will leave Kismayo with a failed mission. The only lifeline left with him will be to orchestrate a conflict and bloodshed in Jubbaland from Mogadishu.

With that said, the reality on the ground in Kismayo is that this is Jubbaland Vs Somali Government, and reer Gedo are on the Jubbaland side. Only Saacid has become Culosow's shadow which matters less.

Jacpher   

Oodka: ^^Gedo is not as united behind this PM as you deem them unless you suggesting Hassan Culusow got them in his pockets through the PM. But the bigger point is this admin failed big time and digging itselft into bigger hole if it thinks this is the way forward of reconciliation. Back to the drawing boards and start from scratch. Hassan's presidency and the legitimacy of his admin is gonna be questioned. No progress at all. Qori qori ku taag and delay the reconciliation process is the name of the game. Somalia definately lost in the first round of this game.

You are miscalculating again the Gedo community a huge faction is on the side of the Prime Minister , there are some who are with ras kambooni but the most powerful stake holders are not on board. There will be a compromise also there is little the raskambooni can do on their own since the are just one section of the troops located in Kismayo the Kenyans are there the SNA is there. Dont forget the close relations between Mogadishu and Nairobi even the Kenyans cannot do anything with out the approval of the President and Prime Minister.

The Zack   

PM Saacid's list? You mean President Hassan's list that Sacid delivered, i hope. The man is a hostage and shouldnt be taken serious.

You cannot blame Culosow for trying such a cheap tactic, but nonetheless, I personally believe Saacid will finally succumb to the wishes of the Jubaland folk and return to Mogadishu to deliver the bad news to Culosow.

Gabbal   

Oodweyne-

I don't know why Xiin is trying to "otherize" these items.

Actually when I first heard about it I thought Gedo Governor Mohamed Abdi Kalil and his Garbahaaray Coalition wrote them. To my knowledge, he was the first and only entity to publicly state and reiterate these views before the PM unfolded them.

Here is Kalil on VOA saying the land must be totally freed before such conference and it must be government-led:

Mar Kaliil wax laga weydiiyay suurtagal nimada maamul loo dhan yahay oo loo sameeyo gobolada Jubbooyinka ayaa waxuu ku jawaabay “anaga mowqifka yaga ku wajahan maamul u sameynta gobolada Jubbooyinka wax qarsoon ma ahan oo horaan marar badan u sheegnay, waxa aan rabnana waxaa weeye in marka hore gobolada weli ku jira gacanta Al-shabaab laga xoreeyo, kaddibna markii dhulka la’isu furo la iclaamiyo shirweyne ay kasoo qeyb galayaan dhamaan odayaasha, aqoonyahanada, iyo siyaasiyiinta kasoo jeeda gobolada Jubbooyinka, ayada oo waliba ay dowladda Soomaaliya shirka noocaas ah oo lagu dhisaayo maamul goboleedka Jubbaland ay garwadeen ka noqon doonto.”

Here he says the current conference must be preceded by a reconciliation conference::

Shirkani ayaa socon doona maalmaha fooda nagu soo hayo, iyadoona la filayo in gabagabada shirka lagu soo dhiso maamul goboleed ay yeelan doonaan sedexda gobol ee Jubada Hoose, J/dhexe iyo Gedo, waxaana uu shirkan kusoo beegmaya xilli shir wadatashi ah oo isna maanta lagu soo gabagabeeyay magaalada Garbahaareey ee xarunta gobolka Gedo, go'aanadii kasoo baxay ay ka mid ahaayeen in dhismaha maamulka jubbaland ka hor loo baahanyahay in xoogga la saaro sidii Al-shabaab looga saari lahaa gobolladaasi, iyo in dhismaha maamulka laga hormariyo shir dib u heshiisiin ah oo ay isugu yimaadaan beelaha dega gobollada Jubooyinka.

Here Kaliil labels Ras Kamboni a "jabhad" when defending his decision to send troops to Kismaayo calling its existence "untenable" while saying the government, as the recognized national polity, should have control over the affairs of the land not foreign armies:

Sidoo kale, mar la weydiiyay su’aal ahayd fikirka ay ka qabaan maamul u sameynta Jubbooyinka ayuu sheegay in maamulkaas aan loo dhameyn, mana jirto jabhad maamul u sameyn karta Jubbooyinka, waayo dalka lagama aqoonsano buu yiri jabhado.

“Dalka dowlad ayuu leeyahay waana inay dowladdu hoggaamiso maamul u sameynta gobollada dalka, ciidamada Kismaayo tagayna waxay ku tageen qorshe dowladeed,” ayuu guddoomiyaha gobolka Gedo ku daray hadalkiisa.

In fact all of these conditions were at one point or another stated by Kalil and his coalition and they have held it from the beginning. It seems the Federal Government has found it suitable (I would too if I was in the government, it gives a lot of respect to its legitimacy than the status quo) and decided to champion it.

The President is unfairly being characterized for tribal reasons designed to instill a hollow sense of unity through an attempt of "otherization".

Jacpher   

^Saaxiib this is nothing more than a delay tactic until a certain clan gets the leverage they think they need to come to the table. I highly doubt if this is a well thought out plan to advance peace and reconciliation in the region. I read it and it just reads, Gedo should lead the way, front and center and call all the shots in the formation of Jubbaland. Not what you expect from someone serious about advancing the process. This is got walaalaha Galgaduud written all over it. I guess old friendships die hard.

Gabbal   

Jacpher-

I have always found it odd this attempt to form a permanent administration for a land in transition. Most of Lower Jubba is Al Shabaab-held, so is all of Middle Jubba, and the entire southern third of Gedo. Why the rush when priority should dictate A, B, before C?

Between Garbahaaray and the Indian Ocean, only Afmadoow and Dhooblay are Al Shabaab-free and only because of Kenyan garrison inside the town and Shabaab infestation just outside of town.

The entire territory is in transition. These points are quite relevant and I think they will reflect a large part of the outcome.

Dabrow   

Jacpher;931152 wrote:
^Saaxiib this is nothing more than a delay tactic until a certain clan gets the leverage they think they need to come to the table. I highly doubt if this is a well thought out plan to advance peace and reconciliation in the region. I read it and it just reads, Gedo should lead the way, front and center and call all the shots in the formation of Jubbaland. Not what you expect from someone serious about advancing the process. This is got walaalaha Galgaduud written all over it. I guess old friendships die hard.

Take a break from "Gedo". Every post from you lately have been towards the region.

On the topic, its quite obvious that Ras Kamboni will come into the gov fold. Its matter of time.