Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kismayo Update

Baashi   

Got it Xiin.

When will the parlaiment be constituted?

Does anyone have JL's constitution? Please post it if you would.

Where is Gaani by the way?

Baashi;952699 wrote:
I'm impressed
:)
Reer hebel, wacade, turub baray
They get a trojan horse slip in the cover over the dark by a boat and after 12 days decalre himself a president!

(3) Dahabo Olad -- mother of eight & Safia Ali Said -- a shopekeeper (folks on ground zero) tell like it is
They conveyed their assessment over the mobile phone.

Maxaa kuu baxay
?
Adduun
!

lol@ground zero. Dahabo made me laugh Awoowe. Classic indeed!

Xiinoow, what platform does Caynte have?

Caynte is the head of some policy research institute funded by some shady entities . The institute is based in Mogadishu or so they tell us :D

He has been very active giving credence to Barre Hiiraale's interview and creating a narrative of conflict in Kismayo to buttress Hassan Sheekh's policy objective .

Baashi   

Libaax, Abdi Sheik, the Reuter’s dispatcher, meets the two independent source bar he’s required to clear. He has Dahabo iyo Safia:) He also has the government side covered pretty well. The dispatcher touched base with Caynte ahem! (Xiinow is he the same Caynte in UNM back in the days?). The other side? oh well why bother:) Journalism at its best!

Xiin, what happened to the parlaiment? When will that important task be accomplished?

raula   

Eh..iga raali ahaad my brothers-I don't mean to interrupt or spoil your lit' picnic here :D

**after watching the clip of xildhibaano grudging about their lit' kulaan & qado, & seeing someone i know as xildhibaan wale ana waxaan is iri I will run for parliamentary elections in the next round-indeed why xamaali isku dili anoo dadkeyga ii bahaan..laakin xagee kasoo jestaa as prospect xildhibaanad :D (advise pls).

Ps: kenyaati on steroids..beryahaan inteey xininyahii is qabteen yaa wale iska dhigeen umaad qaran hagaajin walahi somalia is in for a rude awakening. & Even Pham has "gained weight" banking on the absurdity of somalis.

Baashi   

raula;953064 wrote:
Eh..iga raali ahaad my brothers-I don't mean to interrupt or spoil your lit' picnic here
:D

**after watching the clip of xildhibaano grudging about their lit' kulaan & qado, & seeing someone i know as xildhibaan wale ana waxaan is iri I will run for parliamentary elections in the next round-indeed why xamaali isku dili anoo dadkeyga ii bahaan..laakin xagee kasoo jestaa as prospect xildhibaanad
(advise pls).

Ps: kenyaati on steroids..beryahaan inteey xininyahii is qabteen yaa wale iska dhigeen umaad qaraan hagaagin walahi somalia is in for a rude awakening. & Even Pham has "gained weight" banking on the absurdity of somalis.

Dhuubo you will always have my vote :) Go girl go :)

Baashi, yes Caynte was there though he never graduated from it--he is a nice fellow though.

We don't know when jubba state parliament will be established , the last thing I heard was sometime before the end of month. But we shall see

raula, you have our votes . Let me know which elder I should call and whip up his vote :D

Baashi   

raula;953067 wrote:
Baashi UMN were budding days..hada waa la daalacay
Perhaps Xiin baa fahfaahin karo

Really? Fill me in :)Wadaadka Xiin ah nin war ka Dinky Town hayya ma aha.

lool@Baashi. Dahabo waxaan is lahaa Garaadkii Baashi ayaa garanayee, ma la soo ogaaday inay Kismayo degan tahay Awoowe?

Awoowe, I recall when the election of Hassan Sheikh was greeted as ushering in a new beginning for a “rising” nation. It is unbelievable how the “phoenix” we were all cheering for is today at a frightening crossroads of “block vs. block”.

If anything, the squandered goodwill, the “Zero-Sum Game” and the clannish sentiments in display at Villa Somalia teach us one important lesson: the value of good counsel. It is my hope our president seeks the good counsel he badly needs.

Xiinoow, waakaa Cayne shaati kuu soo huwaday. :) Is that how it is done nowadays? Gartay!!

Tallaabo   

Libaax-Sankataabte;953275 wrote:
lool@Baashi. Dahabo waxaan is lahaa Garaadkii Baashi ayaa garanayee, ma la soo ogaaday inay Kismayo degan tahay Awoowe?

Awoowe, I recall when the election of Hassan Sheikh was greeted as ushering in a new beginning for a “rising” nation. It is unbelievable how the “phoenix” we were all cheering for is today at a frightening crossroads of “block vs. block”.

If anything, the squandered goodwill, the “Zero-Sum Game” and the clannish sentiments in display at Villa Somalia teach us one important lesson: the value of good counsel. It is my hope our president seeks the good counsel he badly needs.

Xiinoow, waakaa Cayne shaati kuu soo huwaday.
Is that how it is done nowadays? Gartay!!

I think the president is not being driven by clannish agenda but simply lost control of the situation on the ground. It would be difficult for anyone to be on top of the game in a messy country like Somalia. President Xassan has his own government guarded by the Africans and is at the same time fighting a tough war with Alshabaab, building an almost non-existent state institutions, catering for the demands of all the rival clans, negotiating with regional administrations, reclaiming lost sovereignty from the international community, building security forces, raising funds for a bankrupt nation, kick starting a collapsed economy, building a devastated capital, defending Somalia's maritime borders, and last but not least desperately trying to prevent the secession of almost a third of his country's population. I think the guy should be given the benefit of the doubt and people should be patient because Somalia will not be fixed with a magic spell.

Carafaat   

Tallaabo;953333 wrote:
I think the president is not being driven by clannish agenda but simply lost control of the situation on the ground. It would be difficult for anyone to be on top of the game in a messy country like Somalia. President Xassan has his own government guarded by the Africans and is at the same time fighting a tough war with Alshabaab, building an almost non-existent state institutions, catering for the demands of all the rival clans, negotiating with regional administrations, reclaiming lost sovereignty from the international community, building security forces, raising funds for a bankrupt nation, kick starting a collapsed economy, building a devastated capital, defending Somalia's maritime borders, and last but not least desperately trying to prevent the secession of almost a third of his country's population. I think the guy should be given the benefit of the doubt and people should be patient because Somalia will not be fixed with a magic spell.

+1

N.O.R.F   

Tallaabo;953333 wrote:

Very well put but is any of that relevant to the Jubbaland creators/supporters? Could they rise above the clan agenda and look at things from the President's perpective? Last year it 100% support for the new road ahead and today they're 100% against the government all because he doesn't see things their way.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;953344 wrote:
Very well put but is any of that relevant to the Jubbaland creators/supporters? Could they rise above the clan agenda and look at things from the President's perpective? Last year it 100% support for the new road ahead and today they're 100% against the government all because he doesn't see things their way.

It's not in their interests to "rise above" anything, Norf. Just as it is not in YOUR interest to "rise above" Somali differences and agree for Somaliland to rejoin Somalia.