Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kismayo Update

The Zack   

xiinfaniin;933340 wrote:
The Zack,

It is entirely feasible that the whole thing will be concluded in a week or so. Those who opposed this type of grass roots initiative will soon have a Turkey egg on their face
:D

I know right! Things are going well, all the heavy weights are there.

Shut up Norfy :D

North,

what is discussed (and passed per The Zack's breaking report) is the state charter, not the federal constitution you employed to shoot down the whole thing :D

N.O.R.F   

I see :D

The constitution is still hanging over the whole thing but the Jubbalanders are pressing on and backing the government into a corner it can't manouver (sp) out of.

^you would have a point if the Federal Parliament was the one making the constitutional charges against this process. It is not, and frankly it cannot effectively be. So this executive overreach from Hassan Sheekh shall be ignored. In today's Somalia one cannot govern by decrees :D

^^That is a tit for tat I guess ...but I am sure one of us is basing his analysis on a biased narrative .

What is taking place in Jubbaland deserves praise, encouragement and support. It is a manifestation of peace ---there is nothing to fear , NORTH

N.O.R.F   

What analysis? What narrative? There is nothing wrong with the creation of Jubbaland. But there is a procedure to create it. Neither the Jubbaland admin nor the government are following that procedure. This lack of adeherence to that 'legal' procedure will come back and haunt one or both parties. That is and has been my only point. Your support for Jubbaland is understandable though :)

Illyria   

Interesting - of all the people participating in the debate for or against the Juba initiative is NORF the reasonable one?

N.O.R.F;933757 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the creation of Jubbaland. But there is a procedure to create it. Neither the Jubbaland admin nor the government are following that procedure. This lack of adeherence to that 'legal' procedure will come back and haunt one or both parties.

Illyria   

Actually I was extending a compliment to your ability to capture in those 3 lines the crux of the issue. Something others sidestepped or ignored.