Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

christian Somalis

Khadafi   

Somalia is a diverse nation, with atheists, christians, and why not buddhists also ? Who knows if one bizarre somali went to China and decided to be a buddhist?

My point is that apostasy has always existed. One of the most dearest companions to the prophet, Cubayd-Allah ibn Jaxsh died as an apostate. He saw prophet and became an early convert He then migrated to Xabasha and became a christian. So the point is.. if apostates existed at the time of the prophet (pbuh) why

should they not exist now?

So, maxaan sameynaa? What should be done about those "horrible" somalis?

Well, we could invite them back to islam by good guidance and brotherly love. They might be amongst our closest kin, show them the good in islam. Maybe with God's help they might be guided, and if not well the judgement is to God.

Or what do you guys think? Should we do an al-shabaab style inquisitions in Somalia?

uchi   

We need to rewind and go back 50 years, when Somalia was somewhat secular give or take. All this extremist, hypocrisy nonsense is tiring, it has brought us nothing but pain and suffering.

underdog   

Xaaji Xunjuf;930660 wrote:
Somali christian waxasi ma jirto

Most Somalis live in a constant state of denial. "Waxaasi ma jirto" - isn't that whats been said about:

-Aids in Somalia

-Homosexuality in Somalia

-Use os hard drugs/alcohol in Somalia

-Prostitution in Somalia

and much more....not to mention all the drug dealing, teen killing young Somali gangsters that have taken over North America. Somali aa???? waxasi ma jirto.

Jamelia   

I doubt this is a recent occurence. From what i know, there have always been Somali christians in Somalia.

I could care less what anyone I don't know believes in.

raula   

^^indeed we got too many issues to resolve first before we delve into "hollier than thou"..

Good to see you J still kicking & well :D

Apophis;930891 wrote:
I thought to be a hypocrite was a big sin in Islam. I'm talking to those who enjoy freedom of religion in their adoptive country and want to deny those rights they so very much utilise to those in their homeland. That's you DrKaneca.

You want to talk about a hypocrite...why don't you tell me why you're an open Marxist but yet you enjoy a comfortable life in Western Europe? Two can play at that game Apophis. And BTW I never opposed NonMuslims living in Somalia. They should be given rights as citizens and be treated well.

But for me to openly encourage apostasy from Islam? That is a disgrace.

And to the one who gave the example of one of the Sahaba apostasizing and becoming Christian. Well....this man moved OUT of Arabia and lived in Abyssinia. So its an invalid point. It is an invalid comparison