Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Our closest kin, our brothers: The Oromo.

Safferz;930051 wrote:
So poorly equipped they defeated the Italians with Remington rifles? Before turning them on us, and doubling the size of Ethiopia at the turn of the 20th century?

Anyway, it's pretty clear you either have no idea what you're talking about or the hatred you have for the Oromo is so intense that you don't care for historical accuracy, so I'm just going to bow out of this circular discussion.

this pseudo-academic, whose stirling reputation has already been dented is hardly worth debating. saffz, you've already made several erroneous points, including..... making the most sensational claim ever. now you want to talk about ''historical accuracy''....? naga daa bahasha hadaba, inaar.

Safferz   

Alpha, are you going to fully engage with any of the points I made ("this is what it is because I said so, so you're wrong" is not engagement)? Simply saying that something is erroneous without making an argument to the contrary or showing how the other person's argument is factually incorrect contributes absolutely nothing to this discussion. Even Xaaji Xunjuf's racist conjecture is more productive lol

Tallaabo   

Black racists like XX, Haatu, Oba, Alpha, and Apo should know that the Oromos are indeed our cousins and will never disappear no matter how much you wish. However, we should take their continued expansion into Somali territories seriously and address it without resorting to vile insults and overt racism.

Tallaabo;930547 wrote:
Black racists like XX, Haatu, Oba, Alpha, and Apo should know that the Oromos are indeed our cousins and will never disappear no matter how much you wish. However, we should take their continued expansion into Somali territories seriously and address it without resorting to vile insults and overt racism.

i know these people. you don't.

I am not racists i have black friends ghanians south sudanese i love these people Kenyans Rwandans Zimbabweans i am just against oromo expansion in Somali territory nor do i hate oromos for them being oromo.I don't hate any race community or nationality i do dislike indians but there is no hate their either.

Tallaabo   

Xaaji Xunjuf;930553 wrote:
I am not racists i have black friends
ghanians south sudanese i love these people Kenyans Rwandans Zimbabweans i am just against oromo expansion in Somali territory nor do i hate oromos for them being oromo.I don't hate any race community or nationality i do dislike indians but there is no hate their either.

;);) waar xaaji ma cadaan baad ismooday??

Samafal   

I don't get where all this hate for mainly Muslim Oromo brothers is stemming from. Oromos are our closest cousins. The DNA proves this. We should embrace them and welcome them as they are at first our Muslim brothers and secondly when it comes to that vast powerful country next door, they could be and have been the nearest political ally. Mohamed Siyad Barre went as far as calling them Somali Aboow. Many Oromos speak Somali and live in Somalia to this day. Land disputes between nomadic tribes has always existed and will exist between Somalis and Oromos as well as it exists with in the Somalis themselves, so this can not be used to justify bashing and declaring war on Oromos.

Samafal;930597 wrote:
I don't get where all this hate for mainly Muslim Oromo brothers is stemming from. Oromos are our closest cousins. The DNA proves this. We should embrace them and welcome them as they are at first our Muslim brothers and secondly when it comes to that vast powerful country next door, they could be and have been the nearest political ally. Mohamed Siyad Barre went as far as calling them Somali Aboow. Many Oromos speak Somali and live in Somalia to this day. Land disputes between nomadic tribes has always existed and will exist between Somalis and Oromos as well as it exists with in the Somalis themselves, so this can not be used to justify bashing and declaring war on Oromos.

i'm sorry but it appears some of the brain-dead race mixers of SOL have got your priorities mixed up. oromos, collectively posses only 20% prowess of the Somali brain....and that's only for the human senses........and just because Mohamed Siyaad Barre said so, doesn't mean we have follow him into the oblivion? MSB said many things but whose side were the oromo on in 1977, inaar?

p.s - don't take offensive, you're an old member and chances are that you'll find my hawish attitude crude. thanks, Al. ;)

Samafal   

^Yaa maqroom :) Listen up. I mentioned MSB because as the head of the Somali government, he understood the geopolitical importance of bringing Oromos on his side rather than on the enemy side which he succeeded to some extent. As to that effect, Oromo Liberation Army was fighting side by side with the Somali National army. They were trained and supported by the Somali government. Many of the Oromos who fled from Mengistu were granted asylum.

Oromos are useless they are for no use and genetically they are much closer to their Amhara cousins than that they are to Somalis perhaps the arsi and harari oromos are close to Somalis. But the vast majority of oromos are closely associated with their Habasha cousins. And they have nothing to do with Somalis politically socially economically genetically linguistically. General siad bare just wanted to use these Folks because he wanted to incorporate some shared regions in the hararghe districts. it was purely political not because he cared for them. But we should not think that Policies of Siad bare as great policies he also supported the TPLF and look how they returned the favor to Somalis. Oromos should stay far away from Somalis.

Tallaabo;930547 wrote:

I'm a racist just because i am against oromo expansion into Somali lands?

Samafal;930644 wrote:
^Yaa maqroom
:)
Listen up. I mentioned MSB because as the head of the Somali government, he understood the geopolitical importance of bringing Oromos on his side rather than on the enemy side which he succeeded to some extent. As to that effect, Oromo Liberation Army was fighting side by side with the Somali National army. They were trained and supported by the Somali government. Many of the Oromos who fled from Mengistu were granted asylum.

the oromos are forever cursed and mentally shackled people, perceived, of course. they've endured thousand plus years of humiliation by submitting to amhara hegemony. now, the tigray of the north continue to colonalise these fools, not least because they accept their condition. they're lost and internally divided people and NOT the concerns of Somalis, who are also lost and internally divided. MSB was fulfilling his own strategic imperatives and used the oromo as canon fodder NOT because he was sympathetic to their plight nor because of a common heritage or shared values, inaar. these people are still powerless despite being the single largest majority ethnic group in Ethiopia. anyways, they're useless and i don't want to waste my time discussing such vile creatures of no consequence. akhas fooqal eesh. uskag fooqal uskag.

Haatu   

Tallaabo;930547 wrote:

A racist for saying Oromos belong in Oromia. Koow (borrowing from MMA).