Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Proffesor Samatar: Only some tribes can be a president in Somalia

Taleexi   

Saaxiib what works for you may not necessarily work for me so, your monolithic view in Somali politics isn't the solution. However, Khatumo has to do their homework first, a view many of my kin folk may disagree, and then we must work with our neighbors be SL, PL or Somali Region, and Khatumo has to have a nominal relationship with the Federal Government. That is my strategy. Relatively, Khatumo may seem bit disoriented and less economical power house than your clan enclave but it has the right to seek its inalienable rights for self determination and has the potential to bring the chicken home to roost.

The looters incorporated :D,

I think the Garaad clan those who still have hope that with waving the blue flag you will be valued in Mogadishu and given a share of the political pie. Will soon also see the light its just a matter of time. I think Taleexi is a rational guy he sees what went wrong right now or the past 21 years and how he wasted time first on Puntland than the SSC than the Khatumo project its time for a radical approach.

Taleexi   

Oodweyne;929939 wrote:
Taleexi,

You may consider yourself to be the "chosen ones" when it comes to Somalia, but as professor Galeydh found out to his cost, in Mugadisho, the fleece-ridden dogs in the street corners, has more of a consideration for the political elites of that city than you could ever hope to have in their eyes..
:D

But then again I am sure if the "looters incorporated" who runs that thieves-infested city call you up to be yet again a "shilling-a-day" foot-soldier, like you were for Gen. Barre, then you would be right here of SOL, proceeding to belly-dance for your new vocation...

Hence its no use I suppose to think that one of these days you will grow to have a discriminating mind of your own in which furthermore you could use it to tell as to what price your political dignity should be worth to others who now seems to purchase you rather cheaply.

Assumptions remain merely to be assumptions - I am here to promote think globally act locally for Khatumo folks. For too long they've been fighting for national idealism and their return of investment was in the red. Without name calling, can you articulate how your experimentation entity survive without Khatumo approval? of course which is highly unlikely.

Taleexi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;929943 wrote:
The looters incorporated

I think the Garaad clan those who still have hope that with waving the blue flag you will be valued in Mogadishu and given a share of the political pie. Will soon also see the light its just a matter of time. I think Taleexi is a rational guy he sees what went wrong right now or the past 21 years and how he wasted time first on Puntland than the SSC than the Khatumo project its time for a radical approach.

Radical approach of restructuring Khatumo State and crafting/setting new visions for the State. Creating new realities on the ground and taking into heart the education, development and other civic engagements.

Che,

The average child in Dar es Salaam, or Kibera(the largest slum/neighborhood in Nairobi), or Addis(where the poverty is even more severe) all live in the same African poverty. But the difference is: the child in Hargeisa will have a chance to get a rudimentary education without getting blown up by the latest volley between Al Shabaab and SFG/AMISOM. That alone, my friend, is all the difference in the world! I can list many more advantages but I doubt you're interested in a true telling.

Taleexi,

It's a fair presentation of a potential political setup for Khaatumo yet 20-plus-yr trends put a lie to that vision. How many more generations in that region will the political elite sacrifice to reach a goal that seems no nearer to reach? While many on this Forum wax on about 'recognition of gov'ts' , and opening of Embassies, reality dictates that average families back home would be content with peace, food on the table, primary education for their children, and employment to sustain this basic lifestyle. An accomodation with SL seems the easiest route to attaining this. As you allude to in your previous post, the cruelty of geography makes the region dependent on either SL or PL.

So what's the solution?

Taleexi   

Mintid Farayar;929950 wrote:
Che,

As you allude to in your previous post, the cruelty of geography makes the region dependent on either SL or PL.

So what's the solution?

Indeed you don't choose your neighbors, you also stuck with me and bad or good our association is a bidirectional one but this is beneficial to only those who are willing to accept the reality on the ground. Nevertheless, solution is simple, each clan state should respect the other's wishes if not you know what can happen. With that said, no clan state will be viable in the long run but having it now is a necessity.

An accomodation with SL seems the easiest route to attaining this. As you allude to in your previous post, the cruelty of geography makes the region dependent on either SL or PL.

So what's the solution?

I think it's the other way around, the survival of Somliland is dependant on winning the hearts and soul of the people of Khatumo. Somalilanders are idealists in rhetoric but unfortunately they are as clannish as the south or Puntland when it comes to their politics. There is a siege mentality being shown here by Somliland posters, they are exhibiting increased interest in the affairs of Somalia and try to minimize the time bomb that is awaiting their dreams of gaining recognition.

Che,

The average child in Dar es Salaam, or Kibera(the largest slum/neighborhood in Nairobi), or Addis(where the poverty is even more severe) all live in the same African poverty. But the difference is: the child in Hargeisa will have a chance to get a rudimentary education without getting blown up by the latest volley between Al Shabaab and SFG/AMISOM. That alone, my friend, is all the difference in the world! I can list many more advantages but I doubt you're interested in a true telling.

But kid in LA doesn't live in Xamar, and Hargeysa offers no more opportunities in social-economic development terms than Xamar. And really what you set up in Hargeysa can be setup in LA. There's no unique advantage in the grand scheme of things in being part of any Somali entity.

Taleexi,

Ok, but don't you see how much further you're falling behind(speaking of the average Jamac and Xaliimo)? A simple look of comparison between the regular photos posted by XX, Ditoore Osman, and Liibaan/Aliya shows how two entities are moving ahead in the developmental game while things remain stagnant in grinding poverty in the shrinking space the Khatuumo admin controls.

Meanwhile, the Khaatumo architects hold on to their foreign passports and live the majority of the year in their comfortable diaspora homes(just like you and me, but we're not setting up political states in our defense). Do you see the dichotomy inherent in this situation?

Taleexi   

You are a bit naive it is not Khatumo specific that her leaders hold foreign passports. Your president holds what passport, oh I forgot SL passport was? :) ... And remember Khatumo is a year old entity, change takes time, Khatumo landmass and its population are neither small nor less resourceful compared with other regions. However, there has been a lack of leadership in my community, still many things are not right in the relatively new State but they appear to be on right trajectory to put their past faults right.

Taleexi and Che,

For all the efforts of the international community, I'm deeply skeptical of any rise of governance in Mogadishu. The deep seated issues and mistrust are simply swept under the rug under the beautiful blanket of 'national gov't mirage'. Until those are solved, it will be an exercise in futility. There's no civility 'between' the various communities that inhabit the city (wax ba la isuma dhowrayo!).

I give you the following recent story as an example:

Prisoners Hijacked From a Prison Under the National Security Prisons in Somalia

24 March 2013

© 2013 AllAfrica, All Rights Reserved

Mar 24, 2013 (Shabelle Media Network/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) -- Mogadishu (sh.M.Network) prisoners have been hijacked from a prison in Mogadishu .There have been reports that some of the prisoners hijacked were found dead in the city and the others whereabouts are not yet known .

Ayuub Abdirahman a prisoner who was recently released from a prison in Mogadishu gave reports to shabelle media and said those young men who have been found dead in banadir region were his in mates in the prison who have been taken from the prison

Ayub Abdirahman said that the prisoners were in the same room with him and were taken by members of Somali national security during night time. The prisoners were later found dead in the capital.

Ayub Abdirahman added that the men who took the prisoners paid several visits to the prison that week and took prisoners every time they came. He said that they came during the night and took prisoners by force.

The prisoners who were hijacked from the government prisons were found dead at some parts of Mogadishu most notably Gubta area in the Region of Deyniile .

Recently the prime named a committee in the ranks of the ministerial positions to investigate these ugly acts. The committee had a meeting and the minister for information released a statement confirming there meeting. He said that findings of the committee will be released in a week's time

All Africa Global Media

Che -Guevara;929960 wrote:
But kid in LA doesn't live in Xamar, and Hargeysa offers no more opportunities in social-economic development terms than Xamar. And really what you set up in Hargeysa can be setup in LA. There's no unique advantage in the grand scheme of things in being part of any Somali entity.

Interesting points raised by Che. It makes one wonder, the irony and contradictions that is spewing from our North-Western brothers, in regards to "Somali Unity is non-existent", yet in the same token, boastfully declaring that they have "unity" within "some" Somali clans in the North, which is completely untrue. You cannot choose and pick. The I-clan in Hargeysa, freely declare their wish to not share anything with the D-clan and the H-clan, yet in the same sentence, they lay claim to sub-clans of the D-clan and the H-clan (Fiqishini). lol If that's not hypocrisy at it's finest, I don't know what is then.

Taleexi,

The land your community lives in is not small by any measure(you misunderstood me). But the land controlled by Khaatumo is quite small. That's the differentiation.

Meanwhile, Las Anod and other SL administered areas of your community receive whatever developmental assistance Hargeisa distributes for that region. Schools have been built, numerous water-wells and boreholes for livestock dug, and significantly, firearms have been banned within the city, putting an end to the internecine killings that use to happen within the community under the Puntland administration. It's this success in governance that the American administration refers to in that previous post on the 'Dual-Track' approach.