Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

U.S. Dual Track Policy in Place for Somaliland - U.S. Amb.Swan

Mintid

not really sure what sort of diplomatic dictionary you are using but we will be a sovereign to sovereign and Somalia will make its own decisions from now sounds pretty clear to me, not sidestepping anything. If there is a "dual-track" dealing with Somaliland, it is with the consent of the Somali government in Mogadishu. and if anyone is grabbing at straws it is you coming in here with this none sense about dual track to console and convince your self that a completely thoroughly shut door remains ajar.

Naxar,

Let's agree to disagree on that point.

Now, as for your point below:

Naxar Nugaaleed;929690 wrote:
If there is a "dual-track" dealing with Somaliland, it is with the consent of the Somali government in Mogadishu.

Do you really believe any of the international actors on the Somali stage seeks the consent of the Mogadishu government when it comes to any of their actions/policies? If the answer is affirmative on your part, you really are more naive than I gave you credit for. The Mogadishu gov't is simply window dressing for larger global agendas that has the prepared script handed to it in order to read out loud on a daily basis.

So here's my question, do you disagree that the Ambassador clearly spelled out there will be a direct relationship between the U.S and Somaliland? I just want to measure the degree of your comprehension of the statements made visually and audibly by the Ambassador.

why do we have to "believe" anything? The government does allocate aid money its given to all regions. and what are these international actors your speaking of? everything is done with the consent of the government in Mogadishu. All these makes it sound like there is a flurry of diplomatic activity and reconstruction aid going on in hargeisa which is not the case. but good luck with you dual track and international community

Naxar Nugaaleed;929695 wrote:
why do we have to "believe" anything? The government does allocate aid money its given to all regions. and what are these international actors your speaking of? everything is done with the consent of the government in Mogadishu. All these makes it sound like there is a flurry of diplomatic activity and reconstruction aid going on in hargeisa which is not the case. but good luck with you dual track and international community

Naxar,

What is it that you're arguing here? Flurry of diplomatic activity and reconstruction?? No such thing, nor will there be any such thing anywhere in the former Somali Republic. We're just not that popular internationally nor do we excite much international sympathy due to the shenanigans of key parts of the Somali family. So that's neither here nor there, whether in Hargeisa or Mogadishu.

But it seems it's the continuation of the Dual Track approach that seems to have awakened your excitement/rancor in this thread. Please don't make me the collateral damage of misdirected anger. I just posted information that was clear in its message. The Ambassador stated: "So our position is very much consistent with the African Union position, the UN position in terms of recognition of the Somali National Government yet we also want to continue our engagement and relationship with Somaliland for the benefit of that population.

From the U.S. perspective, that's called 'having your cake and eating it too'. Give all sides something they want in order to further your own objectives.

So maybe, the confusion on your part is re:what the Dual Track Policy is? Well, it's simply a way for the U.S. to bypass a dysfunctional Mogadishu entity and deal with other authorities on the ground in order to fulfill it's own policy objectives. The Ambassador's statement was clear in the continued enactment of that policy, at least for Somaliland, if not for other entities.

So what's the problem? That's what you have yet to explain to me...

Note: Concentrate on the 'yet' in the Ambassador's statement and what that word means in the 'English language'. It's akin to 'laakiin' in Arabic/Somali.

Burn Notice;929702 wrote:
Lol ..the Nor Westerners know all about futility ...20+ years waiting for international recognition that is slipping further and further away lmao

Says the deranged, naked man as he laughs at the tears in another man's coat ;)

Classic, indeed.....

Miyir   

big improvement if the argument we have now is duel track policy and what it means for Somalia and also people in Hargeisa are more realistic now and not deluded any more to unobtainable recognition.

mintid am sorry if I came of as angry, that was not the intention. see the us already has a public policy toward Somalia that comes from the highest office in the nation when it comes to foreign affairs. you came in here with an ambassadors supposed to opinion, to be honest i didn't watch. I then tried correct you and point you to the correct US policy towards Somalia. The Good xaaji barges in saying and you echo the same none sense about what the secretary of state said even though I have posted for you to see exactly what Madame Hilary actually said. and for good measure you through in accusations of naivety and grabbing at straws when really it is you that is doing that. I have noticed bad trait of yours that I am too familiar with, rather then presenting your argument, you appeal a supposed knowledge only you are privy to and charger people with naivete. So where did we go wrong, perhaps me interring this debate to began with lol

Ok, Naxar, we're in parallel universes when you present the Special Rep for Somalia as a mere Ambassador as if he's the U.S. Ambassador to Brunei pontificating on Somali affairs.

It's b/c of those statements that I assume a certain naivete on your part. Anyway, something tells me your opposition is more emotion-driven than logic driven. I'll leave it at that.

As for posting the video, one only has to remember the reaction to the Dual-Track Policy right here on this Forum and in the wider Somali political world when it was first announced. Hard-core unionists were extremely opposed to it, seeing it as a devolution of the former Somalia's territorial integrity. Many editorials were devoted to the topic across many Somali websites, etc. With the recognition of the Mogadishu gov't by the U.S., many interpreted that as the end of the Dual-Track policy. Well, this video answers that question. For any objective observer of the video, there's only one conclusion to reach. Thus, why it's difficult to figure out exactly what it is you're protesting in the thread....

Naxar,

First of all do you see the foolishness of arguing about a video you haven't even watched(according to your earlier admission)? For if you had seen it, you would realize it's a State Dept-posted Youtube video with the express purpose of informing the Somali public(internal and diaspora) on current U.S. positions vis-a-vis the former Somalia.

Now are you seriously suggesting that the lead diplomat for Somalia, the Special Rep/Amb, as well as the State media bureaucracy would broadcast a policy position that wasn't sanctioned from the top on down? Just think about that for a few minutes before rushing to answer....

yo mintid am done brother, what is the need to know what an ambassador thinks when the facts are right in front of you? lol

Oodka, lol, the Secretary of states words are not guarded at all, very simple: nation to nation, sovereign to sovereign, we will let Somalia decide........... never the less I appreciate the effort to turn water into wine. Such a shame madame Fawzia doesn't have on her corner.

Carafaat   

Ambassadorku sawmaha afka iyo wajiga Qaran matala. Why act as if the two notions are opposing eachother.

Only those blinded by Xamasad could not hear the message here, which is US engaged in two track policy with Somaliland.