Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

twelve-year old Somali girl wrote a book.

Blessed   

Mashaallah, good on her! My LO loves The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and I've shown her this book and though the idea isn't original, she likes this book as well - so we're definitely ordring.

Chimera   

NGONGE;929182 wrote:
^^ It is not really a book. It's a load of nonsense.

It's a book, though it would fall under the novella category. I see a lot of potential, most 12 year olds have short attention spans, and lack the discipline to finish what they have started. Kudos to her, I just hope her future stories have a more Somali flavour

NGONGE   

Chimera;929975 wrote:
It's a book, though it would fall under the novella category. I see a lot of potential, most 12 year olds have short attention spans, and lack the discipline to finish what they have started. Kudos to her, I just hope her future stories have a more Somali flavour

Have you read the bits of it on Amazon? It is a load of nonesense, saaxib. But like I said earlier, for someonet that learnt the language in only four years, it is something to be impressed with.

Ibtisam   

She is 12yrs old people- she is hardly going to write something a cirole 50yr would find interesting!!! Let the child be! When you were 12, most of you were playing with dirt/sheep/ball or crying your eyes out for toys. :P

Chimera   

^

tumblr_m0hzhvB4Hx1r5xzspo1_250.gif

NGONGE;929983 wrote:
Have you read the bits of it on Amazon? It is a load of nonesense, saaxib. But like I said earlier, for someonet that learnt the language in only four years, it is something to be impressed with.

A 12 year old isn't going to provide you with a second Things Fall Apart or A Song of Ice and Fire, the mind at that age is still expanding at a rapid pace, learning hundreds of new things a day. I'm admiring the discipline and courage. When I was that age I was a playstation zombie, and needed to be spoonfed by my mother periodically or I would whither away.

Maqane   

*Ibtisam;930029 wrote:
She is 12yrs old people- she is hardly going to write something a cirole 50yr would find interesting!!! Let the child be! When you were 12, most of you were playing with dirt/sheep/ball or crying your eyes out for toys.
:P

This is the hard truth. :D