Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Siilaanyo's No with Respect to London Conference Means YES; the Story of NAALEEYE HABACSANE

Baashi   

xiinfaniin;928455 wrote:
If I had the time, I would have translated the story of Habsane ...it has a valuable application to particular goings in Somaliland

Go on :)

Secessionist have been in a collision course with reality for sometime now. I said so myself numerous times on this very board. The moment of truth has arrived. No need for polemics, pundits, spin-doctors, talking heads, guulwadeyn, windbags and everything in between.

Somalia sovereignty has been reaffirmed by US and all its western allies. AU, Arab League, Turkey, Russia and China have consistently said that Somalia's territorial integrity is sacrosanct. Looks like that news has yet to sink in. As always the extremists absolutists of Oodweyne's mold know something the rest have overlooked in their analysis on this issue.

There was an article on Salon titled political power of being naive or something along those lines. The author a frustrated tree hugger wrote his giving up his high mannered methodical activities to push his interest through congress and white house. Instead he proposed adopting simple and make-belief campaign.

War jiraaba Cakaaro iman :)

NGONGE   

Siilaanyo always had the option to refuse going to this conference without worrying about being isolated or any of that nonsense. He was looking for a concession here and since it has not been forthcoming, he wisely decided to not to go. The ball is now on the other side, lets see what they do.

Still, whatever happens, the issue of the talks between Somalia and Somaliland is now a fact that can not be dismissed just because some are sore at SL's refusal to attend this Somali conference.

Guru, don't count your chicken yet saaxib. Things may yet change.

Ngonge,

There's a glaring reality our anti-Somaliland brothers refuse to factor in to the equation(I don't know whether it's the 'political power of being naive' one refers to or not). It's the little 'annoying' reality of dealing with a democracy where the populace has a vote and determines who gets to occupy the seat. That more than anything will influence the Siilaanyo admin ;) It's much easier for outside powers to pressure leadership in a system where leadership is not accountable to the street(such as Mogadishu, Garowe,etc. in the current setup) but paramount for any administration in Hargeisa is maintaining incumbency(which only comes through the vote).

A good example is the recent Kenyan elections where both the U.S. and U.K. came out strongly against Kenyatta in the run-up to Election Day yet ultimately where ineffective in realizing the outcome they desired.

So in fairness, neither side should count their chickens yet but at least in SL, we, the citizens, get a vote!

Mintid, good morning boowe.

At times your effort to bolster Somaliland's image abroad makes you write about the region as it was like Norway :D. Forgetting of course that we are talking a province in Somalia, technically speaking ...

NGONGE   

^^ Yet the International Community came together to get this "province" to talk to "mother" Somalia. Call it what you will saaxib, the whole of Somalia will still have to sit on one side of the table when talking to this "province". Mintid's posturing is justified.

^^The international community (with US senators, ministers, important embassies and all ) routinely flies to Garoowe. They give tens of millions to Faroole, and today UNDB talks with Puntland had high level officers in New York, and Nairobi attending via video conference ...

So there is another province that gets world's attention as well, my dear NGONGE. But in the big scheme of things, all these things are done to put Somalia together for Somalia is located at an important geopolitical crossroad. On top of that, there are lines these leaders would not dare to cross despite the talk of 'legitimate aspirations', wishes at the 'street' and whatnot awoowe, and you know it. So Mintid is indeed overdoing it, and he needs to be called out :D

NGONGE   

^^ True. True and not true. :D

PL has long reconciled itself with the Somali idea (even if the Imam threatens to breakaway from time to time). They sat down and signed the Garowe one & two agreements and are now courted by the world as an agreed part of Somalia. This bears no comparison to the situation of Somaliland. Mintid has every right to overdo it, saaxib.

Bal ka waran if I decided to breakaway with the general section of this site. He that teases Lions will stamp his feet in anger and say "ma dhici karto" but if I manage to convince the advertisers that finance his site to bring me and him on different sides of a table to clarify our future relationship, arrinti ma waxa noqon doonta "there are lines not to be crossed" or "legitimate aspirations"? Waa dhac oo caadi aah, which means he will do well to keep an eye on the politics and women sections. :D

NGONGE;928628 wrote:
^^ True. True and not true.
:D

PL has long reconciled itself with the Somali idea (even if the Imam threatens to breakaway from time to time). They sat down and signed the Garowe one & two agreements and are now courted by the world as an agreed part of Somalia. This bears no comparison to the situation of Somaliland. Mintid has every right to overdo it, saaxib.

Bal ka waran if I decided to breakaway with the general section of this site. He that teases Lions will stamp his feet in anger and say "ma dhici karto" but if I manage to convince the advertisers that finance his site to bring me and him on different sides of a table to clarify our future relationship, arrinti ma waxa noqon doonta "there are lines not to be crossed" or "legitimate aspirations"? Waa dhac oo caadi aah, which means he will do well to keep an eye on the politics and women sections.
:D

NGONGE, you and I know with respect to the development, political significance in the region and security issues, that you are making a difference without a distinction in your effort to stand Somaliland out.I already said , the need to talk to Somalia to resolve Somaliland's claim of independence is an important face saving formula for Somaliland both at home and abroad. Puntland as you know does NOT need that for it was much wiser than SL and understood such a school boy behavior will not ultimately sit with adults. It rather (again wisely) chose to frame and architect the political settlement in a structural way---a political structure that even you will not find difficulty to escape no matter how long you entertain this south/north talk..

Look, today Puntland, and not Somaliland, is a model for Somalia in the big picture. Being the understanding man you are, you of all people understands I reckon the quandary Somaliland is in today. So lets not resort to silly analogies, especially when they involve taking a share of our Lion Teaser advertisement money :D

Madaxweynaha Somaliland oo la kulmay Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Ingiriiska, kalana Hadlay Shirka lagu qabanayo London

Khamiis, Abriil 18, 2013 (HOL) — Madaxweynaha Somaliland Mudane, Axmed Maxamed Maxamuud (Siilaanyo), ayaa xalay cawayskii la kulmay Ra’isal wasaaraha Ingiriiska David Cameron, kuwaas oo ka wadda hadlay ka qaybgalka shirka London ka dhici doona bisha May ee soo socota.

Madaxweynaha iyo weftigiisa ayaa maalmihii u dambeeyey ku sugnaa Dalka Ingiriiska gaar ahaan Magaalada London, ayaa sheegay inay ka wada hadleen madaxda Ingiriiska shirka London ka dhici doona, isla markaana uu sheegay Ra’isal wasaaruhu inuu faa’iido u leeyahay Somaliland ka qaybgalka shirkaasi maadaama oo madax badan oo caalamka ka socota ka soo qaybgalayso.

“Kulankan oo ahaa mid ay ku lafa-gureen labada dal, wada shaqaynta iyo xidhiidhka soo jireenka ah ee ka dhexeeya, ayaa madaxweynaha Somaliland oo kulankaasi ku dheeraday sidii loo ilaalin lahaa wada jirka iyo wada shaqaynta ay labadan dal mudada dheer soo wadeen iyo sidii laysaga kaashan lahaa xoojinta iyo adkaynta nabad-gelyada geeska afrika, horu-marka iyo dhaqaalaha”ayaa lagu sheegay war-saxaafadeed ka soo baxay kulankaasi, waxaana intaas lagu daray “ David Cameron oo isna madaxweynaha uga mahad-naqay sida qiimaha leh ee ay Somaliland marwalba isaga xil-saarto adkaynta iyo wada shaqaynta ka dhaxaysa labadan dal, ha noqoto dhanka ammaanka mandaqada geeska afrika iyo xidhiidhka caalamiga ahba”

Sidoo kale, waxaa lagu sheegay war-saxaafadeedka in Ra’isal wasaare David Camaron Madaxweynaha Somaliland Mudane Axmed Maxamed Maxamuud (Silaanyo) u soo bandhigay ahmiyada uu leeyahay shirka London lagu qaban-doono, isla markaana sheegay inay ay Somaliland faa’iido weyni ugu jirto ka soo qayb-galkaasi, ingiriiskana ay muhiim u tahay.

Waxa kale oo ay tilmaameen inuu Ingiriisku cadeeyey in aan Somaliland lagu qasbi karin wax aanay doonayn, haseyeeshee madaxda caalamka ee ka sooqaybgalaysa ay shirka kula hadli karto, isla markaana fursad fiican u tahay Somaliland inay ka soo qaybgashy, waxaana la sheegay inuu madaxweynuhu u cadeeyey madaxda ingiriiska inuu ka soo tashan doonaan ka soo qaybgalka iyo in kale.

Madaxweynaha waxa kulankan kula wehelinayey Wasiirka Arrimaha Dibeda Dr. Maxamed CabdilaahI Cumar, Wasiirka Madaxtooyada Mudane Xirsi Cali Xaaji Xasan, Safiirka Somaliland u fadhiya Ingiriiska, Ambasador Cali Aadan Cawaale, Dhinaca Raisal Wasaarahana waxa ku wehelinaayey Wasiirka Arrimaha Dibeda Ingiriiska Mr. William Hague .

Si kastaba ha ahaatee kulankaasi ka dib ayey Somaliland u muuqataa mid ka soo dabacday go’aankeedii ay hore u qaadacday shirkaasi London loogu qabanayo soomaalidda,

Sidoo kale waxa uu wasiirka Arrimaha dibadda Somaliand Cabdilaahi Maxamed Cumar uu sheegay inay Somaliland fursad u heshay inay Ra’sal wasaarah Ingiriiska wax badan kala hadlaan, isla markaana qadiyadoodana usoo bandhigaan.

Barkhad-Ladiif M. Cumar, Hiiraan Online

barkhadladiif@hiiraan.com

Hargeysa, Somaliland

If Somaliland administration attends the conference it will not surprise anyone including our brothers in the North. That means NGONGE, my friend, all along knew what I was talking about was the truth.

ps: I am sure our brothers in the North will tell us some 'understanding' has been reached with the British Prime Minister :D :D

Tallaabo   

Well Silaanyo did not say he is coming to the conference as far as we know. He only met Mr Cameron but made no promise:)

Remember the 3-point promise I shared with you? What took in Ankara, and in London falls in the 2nd point in that agreement: 2) I C Cover

Dee adduunkii baanu qaadi waynay baa mar dhow la oran awoowe, war bahasha naga barta