Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Gedo Delegates Arrive at Kismayo Airport

Gabbal   

Is Gedo now a boogeyman misused to attempt to disarm? War nimanyahoow geedahaas ku beeran isla gobolkaas miyaaydan ogeyn Xiin tabcashadiisa inay xudun u tahay?

Carafaat   

Macallinka;929109 wrote:
Walaahi
XIIN
is fully committed in this project . Taloow muxuu karinayaa
;)

Good question. Xiin fiercely opposed the project till recently afterall. See the heated exchange with Abtigiis on the matter. One can only assume that Xiin and co pirates are preparing an abduction on the back of Jubbaland. The target is not Kismayo but is and always was the control of Somalia using Puntland and 30 procent of Jubbaland as leverage.

Waa shekadii Puntland iyo inta madax madoow ayaa is leeg. This time using 'federalism' and 1.3 States as the leverage, where you only have 0.3 shares of a State(Pirates will have 4x your shares). Thats why Faroole oppossed the 4.5 clan formula and made a U turn on Jubbaland. :D

N.O.R.F   

Baashi;928501 wrote:
^
:)

At issue is pure politics. Locals -- the main branch of D-block who happen to be the architects of the Federalism -- want to use their constitutional right to peacefully organize and assemble political gathering in order to weigh and ultimately determine whether it is their interest to form a federal state of their own making or have central government dictate how they run their local affairs. The government is young and weak. It's now or never.
Gobteydu waa jidhaa goonyohoo idile, Annigu waxaan goosan kadho waa gurubsanayaa e
:)
Pretty much that's the gist of the drama over Kismayo gathering.

Government is not merely dragging its feet but it's actively playing hardball and pretty much sabotaging the whole effort. The prime minister is from Galgaduud and as the highest official of the federal government there was political calculus that he could be employed in stopping the D-block's determination in fully implementing the brilliant (from clannish sense) formulated political game Garowe Principles succeeded to advance in the wee days of the roadmap as part of the Kampala Accord.

There are concerns from Gedo folks. Yes. The concern stems from the confusion and lack of solid leadership that speaks for and on M clan's behalf. Majority of the Gedo as well as Cabudwaq wings are on board. The business class and known personalities are also on board.

Majority if not all MPs of Gedo block are also on board. There are no disagreements on delegate allocation or power-sharing scheme as far as I know. At this point you might be scratching your scalp and saying gee what is this drama all about then!! Good question. I would have reached the same conclusion too.

Well the problem lies with the PM Saacid. He contradicted himself three times on the question of Kismayo. First he welcomed the gathering and pretty much endorsed the state-building effort. He then sat on the invitation from the Jubba leadership council for eight days. He then offered counter invitation and as if he is a dictator "summoned" the council to Mogadishu.

His ministers endorsed a fake gathering held in Mogadishu and pushed a different narrative. His office finally and quietly released a press release pretty much dismissing local and peaceful gathering in Kismayo that hasn't produced anything (has not even formally started) as unconstitutional. In other words he condemned a peaceful gathering by free citizens "intending" to form a federal state.

This line of thinking center-periphery power dynamics where center dictates how periphery should run their local affairs should bother every Somali. This is one of the most important item of the "lesson's learned" list.
Awoowe caqligu waa inuu talliyaa

As to the troops moving to Kismayo, that was a blessing in disguise for the state-building effort. These were 132 soldiers and most of them belonged to non D-block clans. These were soldiers trained, equipped and supplied by Kenya. They were supposed to fight alongside Kenyan soldiers when the latter attacks AS strongholds in the area. They vacated their positions in the middle of the night, somehow managed to bypass the very opponents they supposed to help defeat and made to Kismayo's gates without notice.

All of this coincided with the Kenyan elections when high command orders their flock to stand down. To complicate the matter, the clueless officer leading the platoons told AMISOM that he's been ordered to report to Kismayo by the top brass of SFG military high command.

I guess you can see the ramification of the whole episode. Questions have been asked who ordered whom and why! Is Mogadishu admin committed to take the fight to AS or the admin wants to give AS a chance and let them fight another day. Needless to say, changes were made at the top brass.

Could this “thing” set back the clock? Depends. By “this” if you mean the platoon incident, absolutely not. But Gedo folks and the prime minister have the capacity and wherewithal to complicate things for the emerging state.

As all things Somali, new unforeseen conflict could pop up anytime.

Thanks for that Baashi. Understand the situation better now.

Aar ninkii Xiin maxaa ku dhacay? :D

Carafaat   

Norf, read this thread and see how fiercely and passionately Xiin and co opposed the project not so long ago.

It may shed some light on the new found passion and love of Xiin and Co for the D.block or atleast put it in perspective. :D

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/59677-In-search-of-Resting-Place-The-Azania-Aliens?highlight=azania+resting+place

NGONGE   

^^ On the thread that Carafat posted, I said the following:

NGONGE;754431 wrote:
If you ask anyone about Somali politics, they’ll tell you that it is very complicated and hard to explain. There are far too many players, fiefdoms, dormant warlords and a make believe TFG that is (usually) at war with itself. The optimists, of course, will argue that the small details do not matter much and that the only real conflict is between said TFG and Al Shabab (whom I deliberately omitted from the above list). On the other hand, the sceptical will argue that the Somali problem is a free for all (including outsiders).

This has always been the case and the argument (on either side) could never be won. Yet, suddenly, the clouds are clearing, the birds are beginning to tweet and the SUN of Azania is casting a shadow over the whole of Somalia. Why Azania and for what reason?

Well, Azania is dividing opinion like never before and exposing the liars, cheats and duplicitous. It is making a mockery of that big joke that is Somali Nationalism and complicating the entry criteria to that exclusive club.

Because of Azania, The Zack can no longer claim (with any level of seriousness) to be a nationalist. Because of Azania, Che is driven into the fantasy world of MMA where all is well with the world and the clock has stopped in 1985. Because of Azania, Xiin can’t maintain nor present a cohesive argument for his bogus nationalism and is forced to fight his cause away from the murky old reefs of Somali nationalism and in the open waters of Kismaayo instead. Because of Azania, my fellow Slanders are enjoying a chance to have a dig at Ghandi’s lot and prove that the hypocrisy is all encompassing and widespread.

Unlike Somaliland, Puntland and all the other “lands” of the former Somali republic, Azania seems to be the one that most divides opinions. It is the one that, in the eyes of some mad people, has suddenly rendered the menace of Al Shabab irrelevant! It is the one that made little old Kenya the biggest monster to ever set feet in Somali territory. But Azania also unites! It is the one that proved once and for all that there is no such thing as Somali nationalism. It proves that Clan is, indeed, everything.

I am wholeheartedly with A&T on this one. In fact, I go a step further and welcome the Kenyan invasion. Because, the way I see it, Somalia’s worst enemy today is Al Shabab. This group does not fight from a clannish viewpoint and is hell-bent on destroying all that stands in its way. I also support the Kenyan invasion because it is separating the wheat from the chaff and making many people come to the table of discussion with their real faces on.

Even the greatest fantasist would agree that Somali has serious problems (and Che does by the way). Azania is only the latest increment to be added to these problems. But, I believe, Azania could be the key. It can be the one that brings this phony state tumbling down and, may be, help us all to define our nationalism in a clear and logical way.

Xiin, has recently accepted the clan politics idea and set up his new tent. See below:

xiinfaniin;929132 wrote:
^^Why, would I? Have you not heard my "big tent" caravan? The D-block in the south and the need to come together for politics of scale ...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone does it and it's not fair to pick just on Xiin just because he finally saw the light. :D

Carafaat   

Ngonge, till recently Xiin and other Puntlanders fiercely opposed the project for clan reasons while others supported it for clan reasons. I dont belief that he has given up on his earlier position for the sake of D block eventhough he wants us to belief that.

Afduub cad ayaa socda, D block iyo all other blocks afduub ayaa lagu wadaa.

Carafaat;929197 wrote:
Ngonge, till recently Xiin and other Puntlanders fiercely opposed the project for clan reasons while others supported it for clan reasons. I dont belief that he has given up on his earlier position for the sake of D block eventhough he wants us to belief that.

Afduub cad ayaa socda, D block iyo all other blocks afduub ayaa lagu wadaa.

Two things the pirates lost the Premier and lost their political leverage using the unholy alliance against the gedo community to push this one sided Jubbaland is part of the Plan this was not the case few years ago. The pirates are kinda losing the grip and are confined in their pirate enclave Hassan culusow is not certain about this whole clan federalism. Soo xiin is just dancing to the tunes