Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Gedo Delegates Arrive at Kismayo Airport

xiinfaniin;928367 wrote:
Baashi,

I don't have the names yet. Perhaps our Mooge from SOL could furnish the gallery with the 'ergo' names ---he is in Kismayo , on the ground.

LOOOOOL ;) ;) :)

Xiin, you really believe he's on the ground and posting as regularly as he does on SOL. Using what ISP service and electrical service? ;)

You really are out of touch whiling away the time at those MN cafes. Step 50km away from Nairobi and you'll see how difficult it is to be a regular contributor to SOL... And you're talking about Kismayo ;)

Ya Duniya....

^^You really do protest too much, Mintid :D

Must you object every statement xiin makes lol...when I say Mooge, there are number of Mooges in Kismayo . If you are asserting internet is no wise possible from Kisamyo, that is a different story all together .

xiinfaniin;928381 wrote:
^^You really do protest too much, Mintid
:D

Must you object every statement xiin makes lol...when I say Mooge, there are number of Mooges in Kismayo . If you are asserting internet is no wise possible from Kisamyo, that is a different story all together .

;) ;)

Ok, so now there are multiple Mooge's under the same 'username'. I'm just giving you a reality check regarding the situation in certain parts of the world. I know it doesn't fit the 'cafe' storylines but life goes on.

As for Xiin the online personality, what would SOL be without Xiin. Someone has to fill Duke's shoes ;)

Viva Xiin!

^^Mintid, we will always welcome you ---Kismayo is home awoowe .

But you are killing the substance of the thread with such frivolous, side talks. I suggest you get the updates we furnish with the gallery quietly as we feed you with the conference updates :D

N.O.R.F   

Baashi;928337 wrote:
Xiin,

Folks waht is happening in Kismayo is a legitimate gathering of local residents in the region. It is a peaceful gathering aimed at building federal member state and insha'Allah the locals' effort will succeed.

Agreed yaa Baash. Nothing wrong with the aim of the meeting. But what are the issues? Is it only a question of the government dragging it's heels or are there also concerns from the Gedo folks (troops moving to near Kismaayo)? Are these concerns legitimate? Can this set things back?

Oodweyne;928402 wrote:
Xiinfaniin,

Saaxiib, putting brave face on things aside, you know and I know the issue of jubbaland is still hanging in the balance. And it's hanging in the balance because it's waiting for the verdict of the Gedo folks who are yet to declare their hand. Hence its good to give us the bluster and the talking point of the pirates. But that still should not be allowed to hide the deep truth in here.

And that truth is the jubbaland initiative is a "political hostage" to the whatever the ultimate desire of Gedo folks will be. And that in turn will depend on how the current PM Saacid sees his clannish interest being impacted on by which ever way his folks come down on this issue.

You are utterly ill informed. Don't mistake the caution of organizers to reach broad agreements with all stakeholders for the process being taken hostage by one group or other. For your information, the government prefers Gedo to be with Bay and Bakool. That proposition does not sit well with Gedo folks. The government also prefers (reportedly as of yesterday), Jubbaland region to consist of two regions instead of 3, namely Lower Jubba (Kismayo), and Middle Jubba (Bu'aale), a proposition that largely satisfies with what organizers of Jubbaland conference ultimately want. The cardinal error in your analysis is the notion of Jubba organizers being in the bind here, while the truth is , it is the federal government who spoke too early that are being accommodated to find a face saving formula to come to the conference. And as if the development of yesterday and today does not mean much, you are questioning the commitment of Gedo folks to see the formation of Jubbaland. Why? Are you confusing what certain groups for reasons of pure politicking wish for with what the reality seems to be shaping up? I mean you had 90 members of Gedo delegages arriving Kismayo yesterday , and that is out of 120 that was allocated for them, and there were some already on the ground including the IGAD committee members. So what is it that is confusing about Gedo's commitment? Unless of course you get your entire information about Jubba from internet portals, in which case you could be pardoned for confusing VOA and BBC interviews of individuals in Gedo or in Xamar as leaders or representatives of the people they speak for. The 130sh troops from Celwak are NOT all from Gedo per clan parlance, their status has been resolved and those who are in the know, know where they are today. They are not a problem---initially they had the potential to set things back as they arrived unannounced. But AMISOM, and Kismayo admin fleshed things out ...and this is no longer a story worth covering even by internet standards as you might have noticed.

From what I know things are very much on course and progress has been made as reported even by Hiiraan Online (it was decidedly against the initiative before)...

^^Unless you retreating to your old Oodweyne ways , I have reasonably provided information and updates that leaves no room for doubt as to what is happening on the ground. I take it your elderly side has been taken over by the urge to heed Mintid's emotional appeal for solidarity :, and united front against Kismayo (xiinfaniin) no matter what the reality on ground informs you.

Baashi   

N.O.R.F;928424 wrote:
Agreed yaa Baash. Nothing wrong with the aim of the meeting. But what are the issues? Is it only a question of the government dragging it's heels or are there also concerns from the Gedo folks (troops moving to near Kismaayo)? Are these concerns legitimate? Can this set things back?

^:)

At issue is pure politics. Locals -- the main branch of D-block who happen to be the architects of the Federalism -- want to use their constitutional right to peacefully organize and assemble political gathering in order to weigh and ultimately determine whether it is their interest to form a federal state of their own making or have central government dictate how they run their local affairs. The government is young and weak. It's now or never. Gobteydu waa jidhaa goonyohoo idile, Annigu waxaan goosan kadho waa gurubsanayaa e :) Pretty much that's the gist of the drama over Kismayo gathering.

Government is not merely dragging its feet but it's actively playing hardball and pretty much sabotaging the whole effort. The prime minister is from Galgaduud and as the highest official of the federal government there was political calculus that he could be employed in stopping the D-block's determination in fully implementing the brilliant (from clannish sense) formulated political game Garowe Principles succeeded to advance in the wee days of the roadmap as part of the Kampala Accord.

There are concerns from Gedo folks. Yes. The concern stems from the confusion and lack of solid leadership that speaks for and on M clan's behalf. Majority of the Gedo as well as Cabudwaq wings are on board. The business class and known personalities are also on board.

Majority if not all MPs of Gedo block are also on board. There are no disagreements on delegate allocation or power-sharing scheme as far as I know. At this point you might be scratching your scalp and saying gee what is this drama all about then!! Good question. I would have reached the same conclusion too.

Well the problem lies with the PM Saacid. He contradicted himself three times on the question of Kismayo. First he welcomed the gathering and pretty much endorsed the state-building effort. He then sat on the invitation from the Jubba leadership council for eight days. He then offered counter invitation and as if he is a dictator "summoned" the council to Mogadishu.

His ministers endorsed a fake gathering held in Mogadishu and pushed a different narrative. His office finally and quietly released a press release pretty much dismissing local and peaceful gathering in Kismayo that hasn't produced anything (has not even formally started) as unconstitutional. In other words he condemned a peaceful gathering by free citizens "intending" to form a federal state.

This line of thinking center-periphery power dynamics where center dictates how periphery should run their local affairs should bother every Somali. This is one of the most important item of the "lesson's learned" list. Awoowe caqligu waa inuu talliyaa.

As to the troops moving to Kismayo, that was a blessing in disguise for the state-building effort. These were 132 soldiers and most of them belonged to non D-block clans. These were soldiers trained, equipped and supplied by Kenya. They were supposed to fight alongside Kenyan soldiers when the latter attacks AS strongholds in the area. They vacated their positions in the middle of the night, somehow managed to bypass the very opponents they supposed to help defeat and made to Kismayo's gates without notice.

All of this coincided with the Kenyan elections when high command orders their flock to stand down. To complicate the matter, the clueless officer leading the platoons told AMISOM that he's been ordered to report to Kismayo by the top brass of SFG military high command.

I guess you can see the ramification of the whole episode. Questions have been asked who ordered whom and why! Is Mogadishu admin committed to take the fight to AS or the admin wants to give AS a chance and let them fight another day. Needless to say, changes were made at the top brass.

Could this “thing” set back the clock? Depends. By “this” if you mean the platoon incident, absolutely not. But Gedo folks and the prime minister have the capacity and wherewithal to complicate things for the emerging state.

As all things Somali, new unforeseen conflict could pop up anytime.

Gabbal   

In their attempts to correct our good friend Oodweyn, both Baashi and more so Xiin have issued statements that require strong fact checking. I have done it before and do not find it appropriate to engage in it this time. With that said both are right when they say there is political understanding with regards the end goals; that being from Dollow on the Ethiopian border to Kismaayo on the Indian Ocean being joned together in a Federal. The process today is markedly different from the day it was started and even the day the "gogol" was spread out the month before. They are also correct to point out the elders especially along with business and civil society have shown a marked engagement in this correct process and the participation reflects this reality. Xiin is incorrect to say Gedo will have 120 invites. Gedo will have 165 invites because of the number of its districts which will bring it inline with the desired 27 represents per districts goal with the exception of Kismaayo's 50 delegates from its multitude of clans.As I am told in the coming days the rest of the delegates will be transported to Kismaayo including the main traditional leader of the Gedo clain, the Ugas Mohamed Ugas Hashi Ugas Hersi. I foresee the government will find the good grace to announce a policy shift once such legitimacy is shown by all the stakeholders who have held out.

Gabbal;928503 wrote:
In their attempts to correct our good friend Oodweyn, both Baashi and more so Xiin have issued statements that require strong fact checking. I have done it before and do not find it appropriate to engage in it this time. With that said both are right when they say there is political understanding with regards the end goals; that being from Dollow on the Ethiopian border to Kismaayo on the Indian Ocean being joned together in a Federal. The process today is markedly different from the day it was started and even the day the "gogol" was spread out the month before. They are also correct to point out the elders especially along with business and civil society have shown a marked engagement in this correct process and the participation reflects this reality. Xiin is incorrect to say Gedo will have 120 invites. Gedo will have 165 invites because of the number of its districts which will bring it inline with the desired 27 represents per districts goal with the exception of Kismaayo's 50 delegates from its multitude of clans.As I am told in the coming days the rest of the delegates will be transported to Kismaayo including the main traditional leader of the Gedo clain, the Ugas Mohamed Ugas Hashi Ugas Hersi. I foresee the government will find the good grace to announce a policy shift once such legitimacy is shown by all the stakeholders who have held out.

Gabbal, I heard 120 + 35 , but I stand corrected on the delegate allocation. The point I was trying to make which I think was correct was that Gedo is on board with this , and the conflict our brothers are praying for is based on a mere hearsay from internet portals...

GAROWE ONLINE

Magaalada Kismayo waxaa ku sugan inta badan ergooyinka laga rabay inay ka qayb galaan shirka maamul u samaynta ee Jubooyinka iyo Gedo,waxaana magaalada laga dareemayaa culayska dadka badan ee shirka uga yimid gobollada iyo dibada.

Cabdullaahi dheere oo ah afhayeenka shirweynaha oo maanta 20 march,2013 la hadlay Radio Garowe ayaa sheegay in ergooyinka shirweynuhu ay yesheen kulamo kala duwan hawsha ugu weyn ee harsan ayuu ku sheegay dhisida hay'daha dawlad goboleedka iyo madaxdooda.

DF Somalia ayuu sheegay afhayeenku in la filayo inay wafdi u soo dirto shirweynaha,wuxuuna xusay inay wada xiriiraan oo ay la socoto halka uu marayo arrimaha maamul u dhisidda Jubaland.

Halkan ka dhageyso Axmed Cawil oo wareysanaya Cabdilaahi Dheere - See more at: http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Wararka_19/Diyaarinta_shirka_Kismayo.shtml#sthash.DTJn4pqI.dpuf