Maqane

Inside WordPress | Security Tips Thread

Maqane   

rudy-Diiriye;939495 wrote:
Yo i need an old version of this program that worked with xp.........u got any idea where i can find? thnx

Yo :)

Are you trying to install Wordpress on windows XP using IIS Server? so yes

Which SP ( Service Pack) is running on your xp machine?

wordpress is for amateurs so easy to exploit, having said that its great for blogging so you gotta jump in your time machine to when people read blogs

Maqane   

^ As far as security is concerned, not any software, website, or anything else on the internet is 100% secure. There's a lot of security measures you need to take if you really want to secure your WordPress powered website to avoid attacks such as SQL Injection, brute forcing e.tc. I should agree that WordPress being open source and popular means that there are higher chances of malicious attacks cuz the source code can be easily obtained and studied for vulnerabilities.

WP is not only for amateurs anymore, it’s waaaay more powerful than that. In fact, there are a bunch of websites that are powered by WordPress and not only News site but also government websites are using WordPress as their CMS. WordPress doesn’t limit the possibilities when it comes to code and design e.t.c and it's possible for the experienced users to make it look like a Traditional/Static website. :)

Maqane   

nuune;944195 wrote:
^^ Abbaas, have you developed a site with Wordpress outside XAMP/locally.

Nuune, yes i've done that before but i couldn't afford to pay for the hosting sxb because i was too late (took forever) to finish my project, so i've purcahased this server selectively intalled PHP, MySQL and Apache and use it as a pws/development/test server when i'm not at home. :)

PS: When i got ready I'm gonna move it over to a live server insha'Allah.

nuune   

Great, good thing about XAMP is that it has bundled software(PHP, MySQL & APACHE as well EMAIL, FTP etc), so you can make your own computer act as a server.

I found Wordpress to be useful, even though you need to be hardcore PHP editor to suit things to your own standard.