Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Somaliland Boycotts London Conference In May, Faces Diplomatic Isolation

Apophis;927158 wrote:
I was born in the republic, it's my priority.

Born in the republic but not from there just like mr macow who said they called me a refugee when i was in Somalia , and now that i am an adult man i know Somalia was never my country. Either way if you are reer waamo , Somaliland still has no effect on you negatively nor positively. So dont see the problem there, as for pirates well yeah we are in dispute for a long time. But you from where was it afmadow will not be effected if Somaliland stays where it is and prosperous or not. Just like Somaliland has great relations with you're other kin in NFD.

The Sage   

Apophis;927142 wrote:
these people

When you derogatorily refer to your so called brothers as "these people" do ever stop to think maybe that's why they don't want to share a country with you? The sentiments of people like you only makes me even more certain that breaking the union was an excellent decision

The sage i dont think he is a proper Koonfurian , he is from Ethiopia but was born in Somalia in the years the Somali republic was promoting Pan Somalism, he doesn't have roots in Somalia. So you can understand where the dislike comes from. As for Somalia it will take years till we have proper good relations with Somalia its self. i used to think that Somalia and Somaliland can peacefully coexist but its unlikely countries that go their separate ways Kosovo serbia, have bad relations Eritrea Ethiopia have bad relations south sudan sudan have bad relations. i think Somaliland and Somalia will not be an exception but in 3 generations there could be good relations between Somaliland and Somalia.

Taleexi   

I hope sanity prevails. Talking is not a crime. "SL" has the right to exercise its political ambitions but not talking to their government is not a good political strategy.

Lol@ to their goverment , by the way people are saying Somaliland does not want to talk to Somalia at the London conference. let somalia come and lets talk in a foreign country. But Somalia it seems is not ready for one on one talks with Somaliland. So we give them time to come and hold talks with Somaliland.