Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

New Mayor in Banaadir

Xaaji Xunjuf;927501 wrote:
See you have created 3 main positions one would go to the original people the mayor probably reer shingaani or reer boondheere. Than you have the governor could be from afgooye particularly from the may may community who are also large in the region. The rest of the Xamar districts can remain the same. But if you create something like that people will stop nagging xamar is in the hands of one clan its not like demographics will change if you have a different governor than the mayor. You should try it it will work imagine an cadcad being the Mayor of xamar u use that as a face to the outside world while still all the districts are in the hands of unuka, you have to play the public my friend.

The problem is cadcad aint even the 6th biggest clan in Mogadishu today, yet they aint speaking for their rights yaa uu hadleyo markaas its common sense atleast ragganimo ha yeeshan oo ha hadlaan gobolkan dad baa uu dhintay halgankiisa if unuka would act like cadcad today xamar would be abwaan's city.

Oba hilloowle Somalidu waxay ku mah mahan qeybiya qada, hadaad qeybsid xogah waad qadaysa.Laakin waad qadayn, i know the cadcad is a small community but nevertheless a community native of xamar. If you give them the mayor ship it would create a whole new picture of Xamar.you can have the deputy mayor and the governor of Banadir. it doesn't matter its not like cadcads are like the Habr gangstar clan they dont have machine guns and T72 tanks. Do you want them to fight you, for you to give them a piece of the pie . I am not even saying that the districts in xamar should be given to other clans like those in puntland or gedo who dont live there. The Unuka will still be dominating all the districts of Xamar, because of the population but the Mayor position or governor of banadir is different.

I am not saying fight and i'll give you a piece, look at their xaafado xamarweyne is today little Cadaado whose fault is that? Waa sidii MMA oo shalay East Gedo deganaa maanta macallinka baa maamula, demographics change sxb you know somalis.

Khadafi   

Oba, For the sake of peace,

Why not rotate amongst all somalis As a banaadiri I am willing that not only and me are those proposed to contend mayor ship of Mogadishu. Wallaahi , I dont care weather he is from Laas qoray-Ras Karboni, As long as he has aMasters in City planning, he shuld be the best candidate for the prost.

All born bred Somalis regardless of clan affiliation should be allowed to have that seat. It is after all the capital of Somalia. ¨Sure Demographics change, it will sure change for those 1 million banadiris today living in diaspora around the world. Once they they return who will be in majority?

The Zack   

Xaaji,

There can't be a mayor and a governor. All of Banaadir is Xamar. Even ceelasha biyaha which is about 18 miles away from Xamar is not part of Banadir. It is part of Shabeelaha Dhexe. Afgooye is also in Shabeelaha dhexe. In other words Banaadirta laguu sheegayo waa xamar uun. It doesnt qualify to be a state. It is a one town state hence the governor and the mayor is one person.

Khadafi your miskiin walahi didn't we let somali oo dhan to be mayor of Mogadishu during the kacaan maxaan ka faa'ideynay? NOTHING at all actually we lost more than we gained. Anigu warkeega wuu cad yahay the day my kinsmen and your kinsmen can be mayor in any town of Somalia that day we will let others to be mayor of Banaadir, i will never agree to ''what is mine is mine and what is yours is mine'' and if the somali people can't respect that the only option is to change the capital. War Dhamaaday Sow maaha?

You guys weren't even majority in xamar before so you are telling me you will be majority when the diaspora comes back? Sure if you are talking about Xamarweyne and Shangaani i can buy your argument.

Zack yeah i know its a very small province but its part of the 18 provinces of the former Somali republic it still can have a governor even though its tiny.

The Zack   

Xaaji Xunjuf;927537 wrote:
Zack yeah i know its a very small province but its part of the 18 provinces of the former Somali republic it still can have a governor even though its tiny.

Mayor xaguu xukumi marka governorkana xaguu xukumi? D.C. has a mayor, it doesnt have a governor.