Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Let's not go back

somalee   

You would think exposure to other cultures, the west, education and being a witness or a victim to the horrors of a civil war that our country hasn't yet healed from would change the minds of Somalis but that's obviously and unfortunately not the case. The recent happenings in Kismayo and jubooyinka politics has revealed a dark side of us. Subxanallah. What are we going to achieve if there's an all-out civil war? Our country goes back to square one again, where we were in the start of the 90s.

I call upon you all, to please desist from getting involved in this. I'm assuming most of us have university degrees and or stable jobs, and I can easily see a member sending money to clan X or Y in the liberation or capture of Kismayo depending on which side you are on. Aren't you all tired of being second class citizens in foreign countries? The recent lifting of the arms embargo and the current events in Kismayo are a perfect recipe for another civil war, which I believe is gonna be bloodier and deadlier. If there's going to be such a war, Somalis in the diaspora will have much say in it's magnitude and so on. We can all prevent this from happening, or at least reduce the size (in the event of a breakout) if we refrain from any support, especially a financial one.

Cheers :)

Dont fret...I never supported any clan in my life! When they call me ....i give them the Bird!! lol. Anyway...If u got thru somaliweeyen blood (which i think u do) let us help our pple getting mascred there from these other clan mainly from Ethiopia ........WHO BY THE way IS

IS SPONSORED BY THE ETHIOPIAN GOVT!! Imagine how many innocent somalis that we have lost trying to free them from Amxaahro and they do that to us today!! Thats not freaking kooooooooool!!

Time for some really deserved revenge!!! Let us support our brother and sister in the Jubas N kick the Jajuus azz for real!!

somalee;926274 wrote:
You would think exposure to other cultures, the west, education and being a witness or a victim to the horrors of a civil war that our country hasn't yet healed from would change the minds of Somalis but that's obviously and unfortunately not the case. The recent happenings in Kismayo and jubooyinka politics has revealed a dark side of us. Subxanallah. What are we going to achieve if there's an all-out civil war? Our country goes back to square one again, where we were in the start of the 90s.

I call upon you all, to please desist from getting involved in this. I'm assuming most of us have university degrees and or stable jobs, and I can easily see a member sending money to clan X or Y in the
liberation
or
capture
of Kismayo depending on which side you are on. Aren't you all tired of being second class citizens in foreign countries? The recent lifting of the arms embargo and the current events in Kismayo are a perfect recipe for another civil war, which I believe is gonna be bloodier and deadlier. If there's going to be such a war, Somalis in the diaspora will have much say in it's magnitude and so on. We can all prevent this from happening, or at least reduce the size (in the event of a breakout) if we refrain from any support, especially a financial one.

Cheers
:)

NONSENSE.

i'm currently sharpening my machete but after my murderous orgies.....i'll read a book and pretend i'm civilised.

i do have a dark side....its not nice as i'm so violent but its ONLY mere words inaar Nuunoow.

i feel so helpless inaar. if any SOLer was going to make a difference...it was always me. my firm held convictions in my people and land will forever remain unshakable but just when you thought everything was alright and things were improving....some ignorant fools come along and ruins everything. i really don't know any more.....this land is cursed walahi and hope is slowly seeping from me. i don't want to become like them.

nuune   

befriend mean people and aggresive people and you will enjoy the life ater that.

If you try to be maskiin in an environment that is against you all the time, isn't it the time now to switch aside!

nuune   

Haa walaal maskiin baad tahey hadaad sidan ku socoto, xaasid iyo macangag inaad noqoto weeye, oo ma naxaanka qabo.

xabad   

Problem is, Somalis can't settle it conclusively as no clan is stronger than the other, so we end up with a stalemate. if not for the ICU, we would still have mo0ryan era with us now.

^^ Alshabaab defeated every one , but no one could defeat Shabaab Ethiopians Kenyans Uganda burundi Djibouti , the rest of Africa was needed to stop Shabaab. Clan states will be a mess in the south

Odey   

somalee;926274 wrote:

I call upon you all, to please desist from getting involved in this. I'm assuming most of us have university degrees and or stable jobs, and I can easily see a member sending money to clan X or Y in the
liberation
or
capture
of Kismayo depending on which side you are on. Aren't you all tired of being second class citizens in foreign countries? The recent lifting of the arms embargo and the current events in Kismayo are a perfect recipe for another civil war, which I believe is gonna be bloodier and deadlier. If there's going to be such a war, Somalis in the diaspora will have much say in it's magnitude and so on. We can all prevent this from happening, or at least reduce the size (in the event of a breakout) if we refrain from any support, especially a financial one.

Cheers
:)

Somaale asked you all to put aside your clannish attitudes and refuse to go back to the madness of the past and your answers are disappointing. Brother Somaale, I am with you and second your opinion!, finally a sane somali! mashaAllah

somalee   

Apophis;926315 wrote:
Maybe we should go back and finish this war once and for all, like Rwanda. Only then can we have permanent pax Somalina.

Atheism and clanism are a deadly combination.

rudy-Diiriye;926285 wrote:
Dont fret...I never supported any clan in my life! When they call me ....i give them the Bird!! lol. Anyway...If u got thru somaliweeyen blood (which i think u do) let us help our pple getting mascred there from these other clan mainly from Ethiopia ........WHO BY THE way IS

IS SPONSORED BY THE ETHIOPIAN GOVT!! Imagine how many innocent somalis that we have lost trying to free them from Amxaahro and they do that to us today!! Thats not freaking kooooooooool!!

Time for some really deserved revenge!!! Let us support our brother and sister in the Jubas N kick the
Jajuus azz
for real!!

Unbelievable! first of all, you have to understand that there are members of the clan that you are insulting that are original inhabitants of the area, Afmadow, and from Kismayo to the border of Kenya and Somalia. They may not be a majority in the city of Kismayo but logically speaking, they have a better claim compared to people who have no history there, save for a warlord who ravaged the city for a decade and literally 'gave' to his people. Even if we say, for the sake of argument, that the OGs are all foreign elements there (which is far from the truth) what does that make the 'other' group? They also invade the city from a distant and far away land. A fight between 2 foreign groups, and only the smaller clans who are the rightful owners get caught up in it. Is that what you want?

somalee   

Odey;926359 wrote:
Somaale asked you all to put aside your clannish attitudes and refuse to go back to the madness of the past and your answers are disappointing. Brother Somaale, I am with you and second your opinion!, finally a sane somali! mashaAllah

Thanks bro :), some of the replies are quite disheartening. These are supposed to be the young and educated some of whom have never set foot in Somali soil. What do you think about the rest who are still in the country? Do the maths and things looks pretty grim :(

somalee   

Xaaji Xunjuf;926361 wrote:
Somali siday qabil u deyn karan hada ba dawladi 4.5 lugu qeybsaday":D

Walaal, siba sibay dhaanta sow ma aha? Dowlada ama 4.5 halagu qeybsado ama 2.0 halagu qeybsado, laakiin dagaal sokeeye wax loo dhigo maleh. Wax waliba si tartiib ah baa loo xalin karaa baan qabaa anigu.