Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Somali Constitution on Federalism

N.O.R.F   

A bit simplistic as there is no timeline for implementing the provisions. Also, there are no provisions stating the creation of a state admin could happen before 49 (2) (granted there is nothing stopping it from happening either).

Are you saying that because an admin has been created those articles are now null and void?

Illyria   

I was referring to required understanding of inter and intra dependencies of the provisions of Article 49, and not taking a single one as if stand-alone without considering its sub sections.

N.O.R.F   

Understood. But what now that one part of the article has been achieved?

Usually, such documents are more detailed in that the processes are explicit with little room for ambiguity. What we have here is the requirement for one sub article being achieved (by the Kismayo locals) before a sub article that proceeds it (which was supposed to be done by the Govn't.).

What are the 'inner' workings here?

I support the constitution and federalism in principle, but I can't shake the feeling that 'some' groups are using it for their own benefit and kumeel gaar.

Tillamook, sxb, I think this whole Federalism thing might have been built on shaky grounds and the people who made it rushed it through without taking alot of things into consideration.

I still support it, if they can work out the kinks and is transparent to all Somalis.

What's the point of having a constitution when the Somalians don't abide by it? And the authorities and courts don't make judgements according to it?

Federalism is not understood by the illiterate Somalis. They should stop talking about a word they can barely pronounce