Sign in to follow this  
nuune

49 die in crash of Somali plane - July 1981

Somalia   

oba hiloowlow;925090 wrote:
Somalia check at the end of the list 28th june 1989, SNM show down a plane with somalis who got tarxiiled from Saudi arabia who was going back to xamar, Aun my uncle was one of them.

This is the exact plane.

Taken at Amsterdam-Schiphol Airport (AMS)

PH-EXG was the test registration mark before delivery to Somalia as 6O-SAZ

s7spaLH.jpg

AUN.

nuune   

Gheelle.T;925165 wrote:
Nune, why did you dig up this news? Relatives of one of the pilots is in this forum.

It is history awoowe, and I was there witnessed it falling on the airspace of Balcad.

Ps: There was this story about the pilots refusing to fly the plane but were forced to fly and go, and they did, and the rest was history.

Diyaaradaan tii Balcad agteeda ku dhaceysay miyaa? Gabar hosteesadda ka ahayd, Eebbe ha u naxariistee, daris isku dhow ayaa ku ahayn Xamar. Magaceeda Abshiro la dhihi jiray. Ani ma xasuusti marxuumadda walaalahey iga waa weyn saaxiibo ahaayeen.

Laakiin inay diyaarad kale Soomaali Airlines tahay u maleynaa oo bartamihii '80s dhacday.

nuune   

MMA, nothing happened bartamihii 80skii, only 89kii ayaa shil kale dhacey, one was shot down at Hargeisa, all 30 pax died, another one in 89kii overrun the runway at Jomo Kenyata but all 70 pax survived.

Safferz   

Somalia;925085 wrote:

tyD05t9.jpg

My mom survived the 1970 crash as a teenager... she jumped the length of the plane (it crashed nose down) with her baby nephew in her arms. I think they were the only children on the flight to survive.

nuune   

^^ Glad most peope survived on that plane, good to hear your mom and the family made it alive.

Nuune,

inaar....so xalaadu dhag maha?

my uncle (abti) was based in Saudi in those early days. he was scheduled to take Saudia Flight 163 on the 19th of August 1980 but was told his seat was given to a family of 5, apparently....and he was put on the next flight to Jeddah. the plane caught fire and all the passengers died. he said he was...''relieved'' and ''lucky to be alive''.....:D