Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

This is absurd

Wadani;924969 wrote:
How are they in anyway promoting or exhibiting an intense and irrational fear of people from Somalia? U did use the word xenophobia right? Do u not realize that u can't walk a few meters in Hargaysa without coming across a Somali from the south? Somalianders are not xenophobic to southerners, how could they be when they r the same people? That would be absurd. This somaliland/somalia issue is 100% political, nothing more nothing less.

My good sir, Wadani. I did indeed. I am well ware of the demographics of Hargeisa; I was there this past summer. But we are not talking about the people in Hargeisa, are we? As far as the kids, if you pay attention to their subtle diction you can observe this fear. When the kid gets bombed, the other one asks if they are in Xamar, making a mockery of the situation Southern Somalia has been in as well as showing his association of "bombs" with Xamar as if Hargeisa is immune to such tragedies.

Wadani   

SomaliPhilosopher;924981 wrote:
My good sir, Wadani. I did indeed. I am well ware of the demographics of Hargeisa; I was there this past summer. But we are not talking about the people in Hargeisa, are we? As far as the kids, if you pay attention to their subtle diction you can observe this fear. When the kid gets bombed, the other one asks if they are in Xamar, making a mockery of the situation Southern Somalia has been in as well as showing his association of "bombs" with Xamar as if Hargeisa is immune to such tragedies.

That's distatsteful humour, I agree. Still, I wouldn't describe it at as xenophobic.

Its very simple the 2 kids in the play illustrate that the Somaliland kid is in disagreement with the Somalia kid on the case of Somalilands for statehood, which is a reality case in 2013. Why should we hide it from our kids. The Somalia kid plays that he wants Somaliland under Somalia the Somaliland kid refuses to be under Somalia, i think its a good play for other kids to watch. By the way i think there is nothing Xenophobic, you have special cases when people just dislike other people because of things that happened civil war, and than sometimes emotions cannot be controlled. But there will always some sort of cultural bond between Somalia and Somaliland, and there will be maybe some sort of political Somali solidarity in the horn. But we are not that far yet, because i know a kid he is not a kid any more but in 1989 he was 15 years old back than, his father was a soldier and died in the 1977 war so he grew up with out a father, when the war broke out in Somaliland in 1988 his mother was killed in the war. i remember when i was in London few years ago and there was a demonstration against the Ethiopian occupation of xamar and many Somalilanders took part of the demonstration and he was asked to come and show somali solidarity. He told the people who invited him adeer, Hooyaday na Somalia dishay , abahay na Ethiopia dishay aniga waad i simantihin kuwa kala doonta. So there are cases of deep seated hatred, but it will fade away after 2 generation or so.

Xaaji Xunjuf;924987 wrote:
Its very simple the 2 kids in the play illustrate that the Somaliland kid is in disagreement with the Somalia kid on the case of Somalilands for statehood, which is a reality case in 2013. Why should we hide it from our kids. The Somalia kid plays that he wants Somaliland under Somalia the Somaliland kid refuses to be under Somalia, i think its a good play for other kids to watch. By the way i think there is nothing Xenophobic, you have special cases when people just dislike other people because of things that happened civil war, and than sometimes emotions cannot be controlled. But there will always some sort of cultural bond between Somalia and Somaliland, and there will be maybe some sort of political Somali solidarity in the horn. But we are not that far yet, because i know a kid he is not a kid any more but in 1989 he was 15 years old back than, his father was a soldier and died in the 1977 war so he grew up with out a father, when the war broke out in Somaliland in 1988 his mother was killed in the war. i remember when i was in London few years ago and there was a demonstration against the Ethiopian occupation of xamar in many Somalilanders took part of the demonstration and he was asked to come and show somali solidarity. He told the people who invited him adeer, Hooyaday na Somalia dishay , abahay na Ethiopia dishay aniga waad i simantihin kuwa kala doonta. So there are cases of deep seated hatred, but it will fade away after 2 generation or so.

I understand where you are coming from. Though I think these parents went overboard with the script including things like having the kid rhetorically ask if we are in xamar when the other one was bombed.what does that teach the kid?

these kids deserved a medal for their efforts.

for all those claiming its distasteful.........we cannot infer from their acting... exactly what their political stance is. for those historical revisionist who wish to rewrite history for the purposes of appearing politically correct....please naga amuusa or wax isku fala. its a bloody youtube video, its not exactly inciting hatred, it merely puts forth a political view. challenge their views but DO NOT insult their parents or indeed call the kids dirty names. the below gutter mindset of certain individuals is pathetic.

Alpha Blondy;925033 wrote:
these kids deserved a medal for their efforts.

for all those claiming its distasteful.........we cannot infer from their acting... exactly what their political stance is. for those historical revisionist who wish to rewrite history for the purposes of appearing politically correct....please naga amuusa or wax isku fala. its a bloody youtube video, its not exactly inciting hatred, it merely puts forth a political view. challenge their views but DO NOT insult their parents or indeed call the kids dirty names. the below gutter mindset of certain individuals is pathetic.

Well said alpha