Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Khatumo, PL, SL and Somali Federal Government; Mysterious Relationship

Taleexi   

Some of my fellow Khatumites on this fora will not agree with me but Khatumo State has to deal with the new realities of Somalia. Our president Sh. Hassan and his government have secretly and publicly showed no interest of having a neutral position with regards to northern Somali clan enclaves therefore, Khatumo has to have a nominal/loose relationship with the Federal Government, mind its business and try to foster a good relationship with its regional neighbors for instance PL & SL. I'm sure the upcoming Somalia and "SL" conference will not amount to anything if SL is given a freehand of representing other clan admins in the north however, the biggest threat of Khatumo remains to be within.

nuune   

the biggest threat of Khatumo remains to be within.

It has being like that since Sayidka, I would say lets start from the foundation and clear the mess within, then wixii outsiderska khuseeya waa easy to deal.

Taleexi the garaad clan , their elders and intellectuals miscalculated when they joined with Puntland they should have declared their own state, now Puntland will never withdraw their claims of the Khatumo regions. They will act like they represent, it most likely very impossible for Khatumo to battle both Somaliland and Puntland, if it doesn't get support from Xamar. And Xamar doesn't want to lose its stable relations they have with Hargeysa, so who would khatumo deal with , will it be garowe hargeysa or xamar?

Heshiskii hordhaca eeh Djibouti lugu gaadhay sidan bu u dhigna

The governments of Somaliland and Somalia agreed to pursue political and peaceful means to resolve their differences.

· The two sides agreed not to use diplomatic or political pressures against one another in resolving their dispute, which is centered around Somaliland declaration of independence.

· The two sides agreed to respect the International Boundary between the two sides prior to the union of 01 July 1960, which will be treated as de facto Border between the two territories until final political settlement has been concluded.

· The two sides also agreed to share the proceeds of the international financing on prorate basis, to be agreed upon, based on the needs of the two sides.

· An International Fund will be set up to finance the needs of the two sides. The Fund will be managed by International Joint Committee and both Somaliland and Somalia will be entitled to their respective share of the funding.

Abwaan   

Taleexi;924544 wrote:
Some of my fellow Khatumites on this fora will not agree with me but Khatumo State has to deal with the new realities of Somalia. Our president Sh. Hassan and his government have secretly and publicly showed no interest of having a neutral position with regards to northern Somali clan enclaves therefore, Khatumo has to have a nominal/loose relationship with the Federal Government, mind its business and try to foster a good relationship with its regional neighbors for instance PL & SL. I'm sure the upcoming Somalia and "SL" conference will not amount to anything if SL is given a freehand of representing other clan admins in the north however, the biggest threat of Khatumo remains to be within.

:D War Taleexi maxaa soo kordhay?:D I think Khatumo needs to reconcile with itself first. Having good relationship with neighbours is always good too.

Taleexi   
:), President Hassan cayaarta ha ka dhaafo Khaatumo uun baan rabay inaan iraahdo. Having discord is not Khatumo specific, no clan that I know of is 100% in agreement.

Wadani   

Taleexi, MJ's, Duriyadda and even HAG are generally united within themselves when it comes to their desired political trajectory. I know u will say the duriyadda have politicians in xamar, but these politicans do not respresent any constituency or sizable group of people back in Somaliland. The same cannot be said for the Khaatumo politicans in Garowe and Hargaysa. These guys have segments of their clan supporting them, or else the 'occupation' of Laascaanood would be impossible for Somaliland.

Baashi   

Gaadhi raadkii ninyahaow gees walba u jeeda,

Labada ginni ee aan is gelin, ninyahow jeeb isugu geeyey,

Walle laba garaadloow kaam gudho sheeko!

This poem pretty much sums up what Khatumo is! Meel kale ha ka eegin. Waa siduu Taleex u gartay, shiddo aan dhexdooda ahayn reerka Hawd iyo Nugaal yaala uma iman.

That said, don't worry about the discussion between FG and SL. Waa laba dhinac in lagu amaano bey mudan yihiin. especially Silanyo who took a calculated risk to go down this road. Mogadishu administration needs to give the man a room to manuever. It's a reconcilliation of sort.

The constitution has already been written. All Somalis of every stripe and region agreed to that document which calls territorial integrity of Somalia sacrosanct. Irrespective what the two leaders agree on, the mechanics of changing the constitution is extremely difficult as delineated in the document. The challenge for the federal government is how to demarcate the border between the two recovering areas. That's why there is provision slipped in the constitution that calls for appointing a commission for that task. I think you understand the eighteen administrative regions of pre-1991 Somalia is crystal clear. Guess what? It's not the president or the cabinet branch of the government that have the responsibility to appoint the commision.

Awoowe this scenerio has already been simulated and thought about. Garowe has put in place two layers of independent protection and if both fail then there is another layer of mitigation. If all fail you won't have Somalia! The whole thing will explode and things will go back to square one. That's the nuclear option and no one dares to go down that road.

Abwaan   

Taleexi;924602 wrote:
:)
, President Hassan cayaarta ha ka dhaafo Khaatumo uun baan rabay inaan iraahdo. Having discord is not Khatumo specific, no clan that I know of is 100% in agreement.

Taleexi, iska sug inta bilo laga gaarayo insha Allaah. The president is busy with the International issues now next will be security and then the Northern regions issue. We might see reer Khaatumo oo calanka buluugga ah wada lulaya again like we did last year.:D

Wadani HAG unity was forced by the Unuka group allied to the ssdf faction of Abdilahi Yusuf the habar gangster were totally annihilated in 2006 2007 2008, their hegemony no longer exist so they were forced to follow the Unukka group.The Habar gangster clan lost their colonies in Lower shabelle and even Lower Jubba during the JVA also they lost their ICU , their islamic faction they were the founders of the ICU The Habar gangster clan also used to control half of xamar, before they were defeated. Now they are confined in the Galmudug and ximan iyo xeeb, the Puntlanders also had a clear winner in their civil war Abdilahi Yusuf defeated Jamac cali jamac forces, and united the 3 regions of Maguartania. But the Garaad clan was divided they never confronted each other politically nor Militarily they just tolerate each other one part Supports Puntland very small percentage the other part Supports Khatumo , and the vast Majority Supports Somaliland. Khatumo will never kill their own because of political ideology nor will they ever lock them up , they caught cali sandule deputy of xaqsoor they released him with in 24 hours.