Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

breaking news: The weapon embargo is lifted

Raamsade   

This resolution is a farce. As if Somalis couldn't already buy light weapons. But can someone find a link to the actual resolution. I wanna know what is actually banned; the news articles are too generic. For example, can SNA buy armoured personal carriers?

Daqane   

Lifiting and arms embargo is more than the types of weapons that can be bought, even some types of training of armed forces envisioned in the Turkish-Somalia military agreement would have been considered training of unlawful combatants under the present terms of the previous resolution.

Raamsade   

What about all those troops going on training to Uganda? Or those being trained by Ethiopia? Were all those training in violation of UN's arms embargo?

All the more reason to read the fine print.

Daqane   

Yes they were as was the supplying of sheik Sharif government with light weaponry by the Americans.

The aim is to train and equip 16,000 police officers and 30,000 SNA soldiers by the end of the next 3 years, that means training every single branch and officer training outside the country, as long as the SNA logistics and procurement departments proves adequate during the course of the year then the embargo will be fully lifted although the monitoring regime will remain as long as they can possibly maintain it.

Until then the 30,000 uniforms and Command and Control communications system to be financed by the Qataris is badly needed.

Training my button, the real game changer is, was and will always be the big guns in any war. Training is an overrated myth. Bal orade Ugandese-ka iyo Ethiopianka kaqaad the big guns and ask them to face Alshabaab, no doubt they will be overrun in one day. Or take away the air support and heavy weaponry the American have, supply them with AK47 and see if they can withstand the Talibans. Adeer training is nothing only a little bit useful but all in all what matters is the big toys.

Filimaanti Raambo miyaad nasoo xasuusiseen :D

NGONGE;924860 wrote:
^^ I usually don't. But a quick process of deduction tells me the word Sayid used there is actually three in one;
bir-ma-goyso
. I know that
bir
means
metal
and understand that the use of
"ma"
there means
"does not"
and know that
goyso
is related to
the action of "cutting"
something. Which finally leads me to conclude that Sayid just called me
Superman

(even if I'm wrong, there is nothing at all wrong with my "workings", miss).
:P

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL - That's good one!, I give you that. :D

But I did not call you a superman,infact I have called you everything but a man :D

Wadani   

Sayid*Somal;924833 wrote:
^^Adigu birmagoyso baad tahay saxiib
:D

Sayid, isn't the correct term birmagaydo?

Yeah, in your neck of the woods. But if i were to use that - our friend Ngonge would have probable accused me of having gay fetish with metals and all :D

sayid*somal;925236 wrote:
yeah, in your neck of the woods. But if i were to use that - our friend ngonge would have probable accused me of having gay fetish with metals and all
:D

looooooooooooooooooooooool