Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

breaking news: The weapon embargo is lifted

Nuune,

Arms that are sold to a poor, conflict ridden country like Somalia are typically sold via shady dealers. Expect more heavy, lethal weaponry in Somalia.

NGONGE   

nuune;924545 wrote:
Soo marka AK-47 oo the most deadly ahaa bey ka tageen, oy dhaheen waa light weapon

Those were probably arriving despite the embargo anyway.

xiinfaniin;924541 wrote:
NGONGE , thanks for posting the actual wording of the UN resolution.

Cannot buy
surface-to-air missiles, guns, howitzers and cannons and related ammunition and components
',

Has to
give at least five days notice of deliveries, and purchases

Will be subjected by
UN expert
monitory regime

I don't think its necessary for the FG to use those weapons to fight al shabaab when Al shabaab themselves doesn't have sophistic weapons. There is still a lot of different weapons the FG can use now, Hassan sheikh and his government must focus now on how to create a dicipline program for the SNA soldiers since many of the SNA soldiers are former Moory,an's so the embargo can be totally lifted in the future.

nuune   

then expect heavy weaponary to arrive anytime as Xiin said, it is time to make a visit to North Korea and Ruushka

Abwaan   

I think this is good news. The ball is now on the government's court; they need to arm their forces wisely and handle arms carefully. They should also think about a national plan to disarm the civilians. Let me just remind the critics over here that this decision applies to all Somalia not Mogadishu so we should all celebrate together. There is no such a thing like one side winner I guess. It is not like that Abwaan, Oba and Gabbal can and will bring guns in :D but we are talking about a government over here and government forces will be stationed all around the country insha Allaah.

Taleexi   

Abwaan;924584 wrote:
I think this is good news. The ball is now on the government's court; they need to arm their forces wisely and handle arms carefully. They should also think about a national plan to disarm the civilians. Let me just remind the critics over here that this decision applies to all Somalia not Mogadishu so we should all celebrate together. There is no such a thing like one side winner I guess. It is not like that Abwaan, Oba and Gabbal can and will bring guns in
:D
but we are talking about a government over here and government forces will be stationed all around the country insha Allaah.

Abwaan: Haddii 4.5 loo qaybsanayo dhibi ma jirto!

ciidanka in 4.5 Loo qeybsado wa muhim wa inuu qabil kasta iska dhex arka ciidanka , hadi kale dee ciidan qaran maha eeh wa ciidan HAG , Somalia needs to create a central structured command.