Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Somali Dastuur: PM does not have to be Muslim

Jacpher   

Wadani;924659 wrote:
Waar iskaka dhex bax arimahan yaanad ku waalane.

I summed your paragraph into one sentence and you get mad. Why? Do you get mad easily?

Somalis were Muslims before the war, after the war, before AS and after AS. The idea that AS 'islamization programs' turn people into atheists and gaalo is....well fill the blank. By the way what islamization programs did AS bring to the country? Suicide bombing? Gunning down Sheikhs inside the masjid or soon after they step out? Blowing up school kids? What 'islamization programs' do you speak of. AS brought nothing but foreign extremism ideology that's contrary to the Islamic teaching.

Jacpher   

^Right. For a man claiming to not care about gaal PM yet start a topic to alarm the public about the Somali dastuur by the 'white man' doesn't require the PM to be Muslim. How ignorant for Somalis to accept anything handed to them by the white man.

Wadani   

Jacpher;924661 wrote:
I summed your paragraph into one sentence and you get mad. Why? Do you get mad easily?

Somalis were Muslims before the war, after the war, before AS and after AS. The idea that AS 'islamization programs' turn people into atheists and gaalo is....well fill the blank. By the way what islamization programs did AS bring to the country? Suicide bombing? Gunning down Sheikhs inside the masjid or soon after they step out? Blowing up school kids? What 'islamization programs' do you speak of.
AS brought nothing but foreign extremism ideology that's contrary to the Islamic teaching

Even so, was it not their Islamization program? Where in my post did I say I thought their methods were representative of authentic Islam? R u being purposely tedious and disingenuous, because I know u know by now that I vehemently oppose the Shabaab.

And if u dont know by now that the foreign extremist ideology u mentioned above is turning off many people from Islam as a way of life in general, then u r naive my friend. Lift your head up once in a while, the sand will always be there. :D

Jacpher   

^Fair enough but I don't think AS 'foreign extremism ideology' should be characterized as 'islamization program'. You say it's foreign extremism ideology yet you call it islamization programs. AS may spill blood to describe themselves that way but it ain't so no matter how much they claim it. Heck AS is winning the hearts and minds war if you think what they do is an islamization program.

And yes some people will probably get turned off but I highly doubt to the point of leaving their deen. Again, Somalia never had an absolute religious government so expecting the public to embrace is setting yourself up for failure. We always had secular governments and never cleric judges or religious institution.

Wadani   

Jacpher;924671 wrote:
^Fair enough but I don't think AS 'foreign extremism ideology' should be characterized as 'islamization program'. You say it's foreign extremism ideology yet you call it islamization programs. AS may spill blood to describe themselves that way but it ain't so no matter how much they claim it. Heck AS is winning the hearts and minds war if you think what they do is an islamization program.

And yes some people will probably get turned off but I highly doubt to the point of leaving their deen. Again, Somalia never had an absolute religious government so expecting the public to embrace is setting yourself up for failure. We always had secular governments and never cleric judges or religious institution.

Ok now I think were on the same page. I see y u object to me using the term Islamization program, because many of their methods and aims were far from Islamic.

And I hope ur right that many won't leave their deen.

Somali hormar waligeed ma gaareso.

Xenophobic, ignorant, bigoted, intolerant, small minded etc... The idea of Unity is an oxymoron or an anathema to the average Somali.

Marksman   

What is up with the inquisition? Does the lack of faith have to mean that loyalty lies somewhere else?

Someone being religious does not automatically have to mean they have the best intentions for the nation. We should stop fooling ourselves with religious privilege. This idolization of 'wadaad's' in Somali culture is pretty naive in my opinion.

Actions speak louder than words than (at times) meaningless religious bagage. If you ever vote for someone, then vote on the most capable person.

Very few Somalis are gaal, they're insignificant.

If I'm a Somali resident, I could never tolerate my Prime Minister being a gaal. It's unthinkable. I don't know who in their right mind would allow this at all.

Somalia isn't like Egypt, where 10% of the population is Christian. We're almost 100% Muslim, and our leaders should be as well. How can someone who doesn't fear Allah be expected to run the affairs of our country?

Apophis;926601 wrote:
Ask Obama Mr hypocrite. You've probably been raised, educated and protected under someone who doesn't fear your god, what does that tell you?

Both of my parents are Muslim, what are you talking about!?!

And what is your obsession with Obama? Why do you always have to bring him up? Why do you think I'm a fan of Obama, when I've said many times that I can't stand him as a President!

Somalinimo and Islam go hand-in-hand. You can't expect to be the Prime Minister of Somalia (and thus run the government) but yet not even believe in Islam. That's going way too far.