Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Somali Dastuur: PM does not have to be Muslim

Jacpher;924575 wrote:
^That's your own interpretation. The dastuur doesn't say "PM does not have to be Muslim".

Ha, my interpretation! Hasty to make judgement eh? have you bothered even looking at the dastuur?

Jacpher   

^I haven't but I know it doesn't specifically say "PM does not have to be Muslim" It's time we take responsibility and stop blaming the 'white man' for all our problems. The white man invented the AK-47 only for the skinnies in Africa to skin each other out to death. Now answer the question nuune asked.

Abwaan   

We all know that this constitution needs a lof of corrections and that is why I think we should focus on doing that rather creating more clan states.

nuune;924579 wrote:
^^ Dastuurkii ayaaba laga dhilleysanayaa ma is ti
dh
i, to the poster, can you cite when or where it is mentioned, using that exact wording you used: "PM does not have to be Muslim"

I don't remember where I read it the somali version. But here is the english.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:yOLRbaT2qU4J:www.constitution.org/cons/somalia/120708_ENG_constitution.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj3st-pFvFvqB64EtwjJMZtRs6wMWlpHnShB24Te_s2o5UYUW_HmMXt9hYocbSp67nRT1aGgZQrN90qk1OwSwG8AxBLJLqt6kX_hd4p8nZMCpyfWXQusyyUMtExnFaVsJ1IhLqX&sig=AHIEtbSLw4pJ6k7nszJUdBByFg9BbtMW_g

Article 88, article 98

Jacpher;924589 wrote:
^I haven't but I know it doesn't specifically say "PM does not have to be Muslim" It's time we take responsibility and stop blaming the 'white man' for all our problems. The white man invented the AK-47 only for the skinnies in Africa to skin each other out to death. Now answer the question nuune asked.

Of course it doesn't... Though when it says the president must, and what the prime minister doesn't, what does that imply Jacpher. Does everything have to be written out explicit for you to consider its implications?

Oba, I have no problem with a non-muslim PM or a President for that matter. In fact I would enjoy a secular Somalia. Nevertheless I am still curious to the intentions behind this discrepancy

Jacpher   

SomaliPhilosopher;924597 wrote:
Of course it doesn't... Though when it says the president must, and what the prime minister doesn't, what does that imply Jacpher. Does everything have to be written out explicit for you to consider its implications?

If you're worried about gaal PM for a country over 9.999% Muslims, then your worries are misplaced. I've never seen or spoken with a Somali gaal so I know chances are ZERO for a gaal PM to lead the nation especially in this day and age when the Somali MUSLIM government officials get killed for being murtadiin. I expect for AS to play that card to frighten people and claim Somalia is taken over by gaalo and the 'white man' This dastuur needs lots of work and it is not a holy and sacred book of the angles.

Wadani   

Jacpher;924626 wrote:
If you're worried about gaal PM for a country over 9.999% Muslims, then your worries are misplaced. I've never seen or spoken with a Somali gaal so I know chances are ZERO for a gaal PM to lead the nation
especially in this day and age when the Somali MUSLIM government officials get killed for being murtadiin.
I expect for AS to play that card to frighten people and claim Somalia is taken over by gaalo and the 'white man' This dastuur needs lots of work and it is not a holy and sacred book of the angles.

Isn't the highlighted part the reason we can expect to have Somali gaals running for office? The heavy handed nature of Al-shabaabs Islamization program has caused the pendulum to swing the other way, with Somali atheists, secularists and libertines becoming more emboldened by the day as they represent themselves as the natural alternative to the extremism of al-shabaab.

Relgious extremism is secularisms bestfriend.

Jacpher;924626 wrote:
If you're worried about gaal PM for a country over 9.999% Muslims, then your worries are misplaced. I've never seen or spoken with a Somali gaal so I know chances are ZERO for a gaal PM to lead the nation especially in this day and age when the Somali MUSLIM government officials get killed for being murtadiin. I expect for AS to play that card to frighten people and claim Somalia is taken over by gaalo and the 'white man' This dastuur needs lots of work and it is not a holy and sacred book of the angles.

If you want to personalize the issue; I am by no means worried. But this is not about my worries. Its about why the writers made the requirement for the president and not the pm to be muslim, why the past two president have been sheikhs while the pms have been secular technocrats. Is this intentional? What are intentions behind it if so?

Wadani   

SomaliPhilosopher;924636 wrote:
If you want to personalize the issue; I am by no means worried bud.
if anything this provision constitutionally allows me to PM
. But this is not about my worries or political ambitions. Its about why the writers made the requirement for the president and not the pm to be muslim, why the past two president have been sheikhs while the pms have been secular technocrats. Is this intentional? What are intentions behind it if so?

Oo adiguna ma gaal waynaaday baad tahay? Ta ku dhashay baa ayaan daran.

Jacpher   

SomaliPhilosopher;924636 wrote:
If you want to personalize the issue; I am by no means worried. But this is not about my worries. Its about why the writers made the requirement for the president and not the pm to be muslim, why the past two president have been sheikhs while the pms have been secular technocrats. Is this intentional? What are intentions behind it if so?

You want to examine the conspiracy of why we had 'two sheikh' presidents and 'two secular' pm? Are you sure the 'white man' isn't playing ticks on your head today sxb?

Sorry sxb but I'm trying to show you how naive that sounds. Lots of people believe Tupac is alive but is he? If I were into conspiracies, I would indulge in why we have two unuka presidents and two gedo pms. Unuka had far more representation in the recent Somali leadership than other clans why is that?

SomaliPhilosopher;924614 wrote:
Oba, I have no problem with a non-muslim PM or a President for that matter. In fact I would enjoy a secular Somalia. Nevertheless I am still curious to the intentions behind this discrepancy

+1

Jacpher   

Wadani;924631 wrote:
Isn't the highlighted part the reason we can expect to have Somali gaals running for office? The heavy handed nature of Al-shabaabs Islamization program has caused the pendulum to swing the other way, with Somali atheists, secularists and libertines becoming more emboldened by the day as they represent themselves as the natural alternative to the extremism of al-shabaab.

Relgious extremism is secularisms bestfriend.

^Right Somalis will be flocking to the churches with their bibles tight on their hands because of 'islamization programs' of Alshabaab. Not.

Wadani   

Jacpher;924654 wrote:
^Right Somalis will be flocking to the churches with their bibles tight on their hands because of 'islamization programs' of Alshabaab. Not.

Waar iskaka dhex bax arimahan yaanad ku waalane.