Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Federalism?

It doesn't matter whether the old or current 18 regions is used. At the end of the day all the federal states will form a temporary administration for first few years and after one man one vote election will take place. In that case, whoever is the majority will win. Markaas intaas niyada kudista kuligiin.

if you you adopt the 8 regions than that means you have killed clan federalism, because no clan can dominate each of the regions to form a state , so this will not work Puntland and Jubbalanders do not want this.

What about Waqooyi Galbeed folks? Would they want one, too, since Boorama and Berbera would share one gobol, whereas Laascaanood, Ceerigaabo, Burco iyo Laasqorey iyagana hal gobol kale.

It worked fine in '60s, not any major problems arising from this electoral allocation. It should work fine now, too. And the plus point is that there won't be any need for federalism.

I dont think for the Somalilanders it matters since they want to be their independent republic the Somaliland republic now has 12 regions , but this is more of a concern for those in Puntland and Jubbaland

Waranle_Warrior;923552 wrote:
Throw one man one vote elections in this three regions, Lower, Upper Jubba and Gedo and see who the majority is. No need for phantom old historical regions.

Throw one man one vote elections in the historical Alta Jubba (Jubbada Sare), too. That is Bakool, Jubbada Dhexe, Gedo and Baay. And let's see who is the majority. No need to create unnecessary, controversial new political regions.

^So you reckon you make up the majority in Gedo and Jubbada Dhexe? I disagree with you mate

Let's be realistic, not dwell on the past and consider current demographics in these regions. I think the reality is otherwise than you suggest.

Waranle_Warrior;923561 wrote:
^So you reckon you make up the majority in Gedo and Jubbada Dhexe? I disagree with you mate

I don't know about Gedo but Jubadda dhexe the majority is from MMA:s end of the wood otherwise wouldn't Af maayga be the standard dialect spoken in jubadda dhexe ;)

Waranle_Warrior;923561 wrote:

Let's be realistic, not dwell on the past and consider current demographics in these regions. I think the reality is otherwise than you suggest.

I don't make up nothing. I represent myself alone. I am just stating what history was and how it was allocated in '50s and '60s. There was one gobol then called Alta Jubba (Jubbada Sare) consisting the four gobols that today are known Jubbada Dhexe, Baay, Gedo and Bakool. If any region needs to unite its gobolo in the south, those four gobols need to. Otherwise sidee ahayd 1990 hala isku maamulo, each to its own gobol and guddoomiye -- the last 18 gobolo, that is.

Conjuring up wild dreams from the thin air and inventing controversial, unhistorical region does not create harmony to those who live in those gobolo today.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;923573 wrote:
I don't make up nothing. I represent myself alone. I am just stating what history was and how it was allocated in '50s and '60s. There was one gobol then called Alta Jubba (Jubbada Sare) consisting the four gobols that today are known Jubbada Dhexe, Baay, Gedo and Bakool. If any region needs to unite its gobolo in the south, those four gobols need to. Otherwise sidee ahayd 1990 hala isku maamulo, each to its own gobol and guddoomiye -- the last 18 gobolo, that is.

Conjuring up wild dreams from the thin air and inventing controversial, unhistorical region does not create harmony to those who live in those gobolo today.

I wasn't talking about you as a person but about your clan which upi seem to defend or over bloat their number and significance here on SOL, unless you want to claim to be from planet Mars and have no tail.

That aside, every region will decide what they want and which regions they wish to join, and the majority of that region decides or if an election is thrown will decide, that was my point. If for example the majority of Gedo regions people vote to join Bay and Bakool, so be it. Ultimately the people must decide. No phantom history, whether 8 or 18 regions.